Ipsy September 2015 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am actually happy with my ipsy bag this month.

w16ykn.jpg

I like the bag it's super cute and we have yet to get a gold once atleast since I first started ipsy april 2014.

The clarisea charcoal exfoliant is right up my alley! I use a charcoal scrub once a week usually. So excited for this!

First aid beauty, well I don't know about this but I do love getting samples of moisturizers to try even though I usually stick to my originals.

I would have preferred the glam glow just a little bit more than the NYX trio but I would like this little palette when I am on the go and visiting friends and family.

The trestique mini matte lip crayon, well I would like to have some kind of hope for it but the shade looks like a concealer and that look doesn't look good on me and I put a mediocre review on this brand before so I hate that they are sending it to me again.

Formula X nail color in ignite, I did like the formula X nail polish they sent to me a few months ago, I do only have one red similar and really could use this(I tend to not buy red polish). But I really wanted the trust fund polish but my sister got it in her bag. =/

All in all this is the most impressive glam room I have had in several months, I changed my profile around and who knows if that had anything to do with it!

Even though I knew there was no way I was getting GlamGlow I held out a small glimmer of hope:

Screen Shot 2015-09-08 at 2.36.10 PM.png

Burned! Ipsy doesn't care that they sent me a Nyx Trio in March, 2014.

Screen Shot 2015-09-08 at 2.37.26 PM.png

So sad, and I already traded for the concealer brush. 

These are what I am getting! Anyone tried the Temptu product? I remember I got one before but IDK from which sub.

safe_image.php.jpg

Here's my bag-

Nyx- heard both bad and good reviews so I am interested!

Mascara -always something I can use

Eyeliner- bronze is better than black. I'll give it a try

Trust fund - Polish is always something I like!

Avene -Masks are also something I like getting!

So I'm pretty happy with this bag!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my bag-

Nyx- heard both bad and good reviews so I am interested!

Mascara -always something I can use

Eyeliner- bronze is better than black. I'll give it a try

Trust fund - Polish is always something I like!

Avene -Masks are also something I like getting!

So I'm pretty happy with this bag!
This is my bag too, I was sad not to get the Glam Glow, but really wanted the Trust Fund :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sad I missed the 100 point henna tattoo :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I could have used the last of my points before I cancel. Hopefully another 100 point item comes before the 1st.

Here's my Ipsy this month-

Acure Brightening Facial Scrub- This is meh, I don't hate it but I have a Clarisonic and already use chemical exfoliants. However I do end up using these types of products on my legs before I shave. That's probably what this will be used for. Out of the set of options it was shown with it probably was the best pick for me though. 

Pixi by Petra  Brow Powder Trio- I've had good luck with this brand so far. I'm not sure if the colors will work for me but I'll try it. Having naturally red hair makes my eyebrows a little tricky. I need something with a red undertone or it looks ashy and wrong. Happy to receive this type of product though. 

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream- I've gotten foil samples of this before and didn't feel a need to run out and buy it. However I have sensitive skin that can get pretty dry in the winter so it will definitely get used. 

Nyx Cosmetics Trio- To be honest I didn't really care if I got the Glam Glow or not as I've gotten it in other bags. Honestly I have super great skincare products from Paula's Choice and my dermatologist and feel that I'm better off sticking to my routine (even though it's fun to try new things). The colors in this are really nice looking but Nyx shadows tend to be hit or miss for me. Some of the singles I've gotten are great but the palettes I've bought have been chalky and dry.

tre'StiQue Mini Matte Lip Crayon- I love matte lipsticks and I love the color of this product. However how this will look on me is a different game entirely. My pale neutral skin tone and bright copper hair makes choosing colors a giant pain. My lips are also big so bright things overwhelm my face while really pale neutrals leave me washed out. I really hope this one works for me though! 

Overall great bag! Hopefully the product quality is high and the colors work for me. The only thing I'm super bummed about is the Trust Fund polish. I wanted it last bag and didn't get it. That is one of my go to colors also (really anything green or purple is). 

I received my bag today.  I'm happy enough with it.

Garnier Fructis Sleek Primer: This is not something I expected to receive from Ipsy, but it's something I am interested in and will use.  I'm happy to have received it.  It smells good and is a decent sized bottle.

J Cat Eyeliner in Bronze: I normally only wear black liquid eyeliner, but I swatched this and it stayed put and is a nice color.  I'll hang on to it and see if I have a use for it.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: I already own this product.  I like it.

Elizabeth Mott Tinted Brow Gel: I would have been super happy about this except I received it in a light color that appears to be for blonde hair.  I have brown hair so this won't work for me.  (Totally not Ipsy's fault, I used to have blonde hair and never updated the change to brown in my profile).

NYX Shadow Trio: 2 of the 3 colors are too dark for my taste so this will go to a friend.

The bag itself looks nice and elegant.  Unfortunately the Fructis leaked inside of the bag.  I have given it a wash so I should be all good.

image-10-09-15-10-42.jpeg

This is the best Ipsy bag I've gotten in a few months!

-NYX Cosmetics Ipsy Eye Shadow Trio. I like NYX, I like the colors, and since I got the Glamglow too I really have no complaints.

-Glamglow Flashmud Brightening Treatment! Yay I got Glamglow! I can always use brightening products and I'm so excited about this. I feel like I never get the good spoilers.

-J. Cat. #MOTD Eyeliner in Bronze. This is such a pretty and unique color. I wear eyeliner everyday so I'm super happy about this!

-Not Soap, Radio Hand/Body Lotion. I like this brand (everything smells so good) and I can always use more lotion so another win.

-Formula X nail polish in Ignite. Love this color and excited to try this brand!

Everything in my bag was so amazing this month. I love everything! And there were no hair products, so that's always a win!

I'm so  jealous of the people who got the bronze liner. So jealous that I'm going to buy it when the coupon codes are valid. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Speaking of codes- anyone know what the free gift is from Not Soap Radio? I am assuming it's a sample of something.

These are what I am getting! Anyone tried the Temptu product? I remember I got one before but IDK from which sub.
I have a temptu in pearl from Ipsy last year.  I watched several youtube videos on how to apply this without the temptu machine. They said to use as a highlighter over a cupid's bow or brow bone. Mine was weirdly iridescent so I never really could find a way to wear it without looking like I was going to a rave. Maybe champagne is a more natural color. 

I have a temptu in pearl from Ipsy last year.  I watched several youtube videos on how to apply this without the temptu machine. They said to use as a highlighter over a cupid's bow or brow bone. Mine was weirdly iridescent so I never really could find a way to wear it without looking like I was going to a rave. Maybe champagne is a more natural color. 
Me too and I didn't like it 

My bag:

Naobay moisturizing cream

Pixi by Petra brow powder trio

NYX shadow trio

J Cat eye pencil in bronze

So Fresh So Clean green tea mask

I'll throw the Naobay in my purse, but this isn't exciting at all. I don't like brow powder so I'll be giving the Pixi away. I'm up to my eyeballs in shadows right now, but I'll try the NYX. I'm excited for the mask and the eye pencil and that's it this month.

Does anyone know if the NYX is as dark as it appears?
The 3rd color is dark matte brown, not quite as dark as it appears in photos. The color next to it is a copper color and is actually (suprisingly) very pretty. I am actually slightly less bummed out about it than I was before I saw it in person.

Here's my Ipsy this month-

Acure Brightening Facial Scrub- This is meh, I don't hate it but I have a Clarisonic and already use chemical exfoliants. However I do end up using these types of products on my legs before I shave. That's probably what this will be used for. Out of the set of options it was shown with it probably was the best pick for me though. 

Pixi by Petra  Brow Powder Trio- I've had good luck with this brand so far. I'm not sure if the colors will work for me but I'll try it. Having naturally red hair makes my eyebrows a little tricky. I need something with a red undertone or it looks ashy and wrong. Happy to receive this type of product though. 

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream- I've gotten foil samples of this before and didn't feel a need to run out and buy it. However I have sensitive skin that can get pretty dry in the winter so it will definitely get used. 

Nyx Cosmetics Trio- To be honest I didn't really care if I got the Glam Glow or not as I've gotten it in other bags. Honestly I have super great skincare products from Paula's Choice and my dermatologist and feel that I'm better off sticking to my routine (even though it's fun to try new things). The colors in this are really nice looking but Nyx shadows tend to be hit or miss for me. Some of the singles I've gotten are great but the palettes I've bought have been chalky and dry.

tre'StiQue Mini Matte Lip Crayon- I love matte lipsticks and I love the color of this product. However how this will look on me is a different game entirely. My pale neutral skin tone and bright copper hair makes choosing colors a giant pain. My lips are also big so bright things overwhelm my face while really pale neutrals leave me washed out. I really hope this one works for me though! 

Overall great bag! Hopefully the product quality is high and the colors work for me. The only thing I'm super bummed about is the Trust Fund polish. I wanted it last bag and didn't get it. That is one of my go to colors also (really anything green or purple is). 
Bag twins!

I was excited for the shadow until I got the Pop trio in my Birchbox, and those colors are so close, and probably a better match than this that I will likely not keep it.

I can't wear most lipsticks, so that's a bust for me

And I have the same issue with brow products, so that will likely be a bust,(note to the OP: if you are looking for something that works well for redheads, I have an NYX powder duo+gel in auburn I purchased that I LOVE, it has a light and dark auburn powder, and while I only use the darker one, they are a GREAT match and don't look too dark or fake)

The other stuff, eh, I will try it, but I don't see me keeping this sub once my year is up.

Back