sakura33

Birchbox November 2015 Spoilers

I got the make gloss tonight and it confused me too. I had to look up what it was and when it said highlighter I exclaimed out loud "Whaaaaaatttt???". Its very sticky and I don't want it on my face. I'll give it a try though.

I got the make gloss tonight and it confused me too. I had to look up what it was and when it said highlighter I exclaimed out loud "Whaaaaaatttt???". Its very sticky and I don't want it on my face. I'll give it a try though.

It is not for the face.  It's a lipgloss.  I think they intend it to be like a highlight in the middle of the lips over whatever lipstick the user is wearing.  I so wish they had less confusing names for the products and better descriptions.  Facegloss?  What is wrong with their marketing department?

Make face gloss has 3 ingredients: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene / Propylene / Styrene Copolymer, and Butylene / Ethylene / Styrene Copolymer.

I checked if they are safe ingredients on Goodguide.com and they all are safe, common lip gloss ingredients. Here are the links:

http://www.goodguide.com/ingredients/153324-hydrogenated-polyisobutene-ingredient-information-reviews

http://www.goodguide.com/ingredients/166496-ethylene-propylene-styrene-copolymer-ingredient-information-reviews

http://www.goodguide.com/ingredients/400444-butylene-ethylene-styrene-copolymer-ingredient-information-reviews

Birchbox or Make website does not list the ingredients (weird). I had to dig through Amazon photos to find a photo of the box. I wanted to share this information in case you want to use it as a lip product, too ;)

Yes, this.  ^^^^^

It's a lipgloss/middle-of-the-lip highlight thing.  Make's marketing department ... face gloss ... smdh.  

• Like 1

I'm cracking up. i honestly thought the face gloss what a highlighter for your face and I was so confused as to why it was clear and stick. hilarious. 

I'm cracking up. i honestly thought the face gloss what a highlighter for your face and I was so confused as to why it was clear and stick. hilarious. 

Oh, don't worry.  That's what I thought it was at 1st, too.  But then people started saying it's sticky.  I'm glad pearldrop posted those links, because I sure as heck couldn't find them.  Unfortunately, the Make website says:

"Brightening and subtly illuminating Face Gloss refreshes tired and dull skin in a vitamin-rich formulation that is colorless, enhances skin appearance, balances and maintains moisture. Perfect for wearing on natural skin or as a soft luster finish over foundation and powder.

Usage: Apply with fingertips or brush and pat repeatedly on desired areas."  Uh oh.  

http://makebeauty.com/face-gloss.html

Edited by PeridotCricket
  • Like 2

@@PeridotCricket I think Make intended this product to be highlighter, but it turned out bad. On the Birchbox getting ready video Juliette also uses it as highlighter and it looks as sticky. I read the reviews on Birchbox product page and some recommended applying it on cheekbones using a stipple brush to reduce stickiness. I will just use it as lip balm, applied it before sleeping last night and it's still there :)

• Like 1

It is not for the face.  It's a lipgloss.  I think they intend it to be like a highlight in the middle of the lips over whatever lipstick the user is wearing.  I so wish they had less confusing names for the products and better descriptions.

Man,I wish it was intended for lips - then this would be a boring and unoriginal product, but at least one that makes sense. But alas, it's meant for the face. From the product description: 

That’s why we were thrilled when we discovered MAKE’s Face Gloss. Just a tiny touch of gloss along the bridge of your nose or dabbed on your cheekbones, and you’ll be getting your glow on in no time. With minimal effort, this colorless, vitamin-rich formula refreshes dull skin and gives you a dewy, healthy radiance.

Ewww, put this on my nose?!? maybe if I wanted the shine and clogged pores of a 15 year old boy...

I can't help but wonder if this stuff is a result of a production error in the MAKE lab:  

Technician #1: "oh shit, what are we gonna do with all this oddly sticky-yet-thin clear ooze??" 

Technician #2: "I know, we'll call my cousin! He got a B- in a marketing course at State back in '93 - he'll be able to help!"

• Like 4

It is not for the face. It's a lipgloss. I think they intend it to be like a highlight in the middle of the lips over whatever lipstick the user is wearing. I so wish they had less confusing names for the products and better descriptions. Facegloss? What is wrong with their marketing department?

No really that is from birchbox's description from their product page. I double checked before I posted.

Yeah I think this is a product fail.

First semi sneak peak for December! Any super sleuths out there see anything they recognize? attachicon.gifimage.png

There's a BAGGU reusable bag on the table in front of her - maybe that will be a plus item next month?

Background:

I see a candle travel tin

A ring holder

Umbra frane

Couch/table:

I see a stetch ponytail holder from summer( guessing just for effect)

I see the crescent moon cosmetic bag

I see the pom pom hat thats in the store

Edited by crescentmoon

One last thing and I might be wildly off the mark. The thing in the right hand corner that they didnt cover up. That looks like a sample of benefit bb air patrol. Also the hope box may be the curated box cover.

Lorelei is probably wearing one of the plus items. My guess is her giant watch or bracelet. Or maybe Birchbox is bringing back Bumpits. 

• Like 2

Getting:

Catharine Malandrino style de paris: Nope

Temple Spa Lala lagune bath and shower gel: Ok, will use

Beauty Protector leave in conditioner ok, but I am drowning in leavein conditioners right now

Make Skin lluminator and face gloss duo eh...

LOC berry lip crayon: my pys

Seems like they sent this box to alot of us.  Not excited, mine is out for delivery today.   :unsure:

I really hope they don't start featuring more of their brand in the boxes.  

Wondering if this happened to anyone else? I received two confirmation emails saying I was receiving the guest editor box after all the chaos of sample choice night for Aces. It even showed that box in the cheat. However, when my box loaded officially, it is some random box of samples. I really hate that you cannot get a Birchbox rep on the phone directly anymore, sent a message. We will see what they have to say.

Wondering if this happened to anyone else? I received two confirmation emails saying I was receiving the guest editor box after all the chaos of sample choice night for Aces. It even showed that box in the cheat. However, when my box loaded officially, it is some random box of samples. I really hate that you cannot get a Birchbox rep on the phone directly anymore, sent a message. We will see what they have to say.

You can chat through the website, they're online now. Just click on the little help box on the bottom right corner, when it has a speech balloon it means they are available.

• Like 1

I got my box today. I received:

Temple Spa Shower Gel: I'm really confused. Birchbox's description is "mint, peppermint, basil" and the picture is this product http://www.templespa.com/la-la-lagoon with corresponding ingredients, but the actual product I received says eucalyptus, ylang ylang, and patchouli, which is completely different from the description on BB and the company website? Either way, I dislike it, it smells medicinal.

Make Face Gloss: Man, I thought you guys were joking. I'm a highlighter addict and thought maybe it was a product you guys weren't comfortable with or didn't like or didn't understand... but this is a clear lip gloss, what the bleep?! Maybe it would work under or over foundation to make it dewy, but I am NOT going to be the one to try. 

Living Proof Dry Shampoo: I already got this in the Tati box, but am happy with a back-up, it's expensive for dry shampoo.

Liz Earle Moisturizer: Yet to try, but happy with receiving.

LOC shadow stick in Impress Me: Not at all what I would call "rose gold." It's more like a purple-y brown, at least on me. Knowing that I would have chosen another color.

All in all, 3 misleading products make one super confusing box.

• Like 4

I got the same box as @@emwdz  

The shower gel and the Liz Earle product smell really bad.  

The only thing I like is the LOC shadow stick.

I always think I'll try dry shampoo, but I never do.

And then there's the Make face gloss. That's already in my trash can.

• Like 1

I got the same box as @@emwdz  

The shower gel and the Liz Earle product smell really bad.  

The only thing I like is the LOC shadow stick.

I always think I'll try dry shampoo, but I never do.

And then there's the Make face gloss. That's already in my trash can.

Same box here. I was glad impress me was purple. Yes, the Liz Earl and shower gel smell bad. I still haven't used the Temple Spa shampoo because it stinks. As much as I made fun of that Beaver Shampoo at least it smelled like Pantene.

• Like 2

Got my box last week and kinda love it. This is my first month with BB after like a year hiatus.

What I got:

amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo - meh about this one I have bleached hair that never gets oily. Adding it to the swap pile.

BioRepublic Skincare Cucumber Breeze Soothing Fiber Mask - pretty excited for this actually.

Davines This Is A Relaxing Moisturizing Fluid - actually tried this before flat ironing my hair last night and umpf my hair is so soft ans I love how it smells. Gonna try to hoard these samples if people don't want theirs.

LOC One & Done Shadow Stick in Nite Owl - swap pile. I hate hate shadoa sticks I wish I'd gotten the red lippie.

theBalm in Balm Desert - LOVE this I have already declared it my new holy grail bronzer.

Do I get anything referring friends? And if I sign my BF up for a box will I get any awesomeness for referring him?

Sorry for the questions, but I knew if anybody knew the answers it would be ya'll. I think my BF would love to get a box but I wanna get the most bang for my buck before I pull the trigger.

Do I get anything referring friends? And if I sign my BF up for a box will I get any awesomeness for referring him?

Sorry for the questions, but I knew if anybody knew the answers it would be ya'll. I think my BF would love to get a box but I wanna get the most bang for my buck before I pull the trigger.

You get 50 points ($5) for each person who signs up using your referral link. When you click on "Invite Friends" you will see your unique link. You can create a new account for your BF using that link and he can also use "5BOXGIFT" promo code on the checkout page, so that he can get $5 off of his first box (this code is valid until December 9),

• Like 2