Why do men do this?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am curious about something that ive noticed.Why do men when they are with their wives or girlfriends check out other women???Ive noticed alot of men do this and my hubby has done it and it makes me question love and respect.....

well it depends. is he openly gawking, drooling and fantasizing on the spot? or is he just appreciating another pretty woman? there's a difference. at least in my opinion.

I don't have a problem if Rob happens to look at another woman, but honestly he has NEVER openly stared, or watched them even before he and I were together. I have heard stories from his friends (they were "complaining" of course) that when they would go to Hooters etc to get some wings and chill out, he wouldn't even look at the waitress or the staff at all...he's look at a TV, his food, or his friends...

I think it is different types of guys that do different things. I wouldn't say ALL guys do it, but the ones that do, it is just their nature... Just like some women will gawk at a hot guy (the ones I work with do it all the time) just like the men do to women.

I think it's an issue of respect. A man that respects you won't do that because he knows it makes you uncomfortable and puts a negative shadow on the union.

I don't have a problem with that personally, but that's also because I'll just pop John a good one if he's staring *lol* I'm generally the guilty party saying, "He's hot!" (generally at a celeb). We actually don't mind if one of us says something about someone being cute/pretty... We know who we go to bed w/ at night... Now, if it was any other man in my life (and it's happened to me before), I'd have a problem!

Originally Posted by Brownshugaz I think it's an issue of respect. A man that respects you won't do that because he knows it makes you uncomfortable and puts a negative shadow on the union. WELL SAID!

haha
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Brownshugaz I think it's an issue of respect. A man that respects you won't do that because he knows it makes you uncomfortable and puts a negative shadow on the union. I totally agree!

if i see a pretty girl or a girl with a nice a$$ i tell him * damn look at her a$$ * i dont care if he looks, damn im the one that tells him to look!

Originally Posted by Brownshugaz I think it's an issue of respect. A man that respects you won't do that because he knows it makes you uncomfortable and puts a negative shadow on the union. I agree too
smile.gif

It doesn't bother me if Kenny looks at another girl, just as long as it's a quick look.

He works at Walgreens in the Pharmacy and one of the Pharmacist's g/fs come in, and he told me about her big boobs, and that she was telling all the guys about her new implants. I was pretty ticked about that.

Like the other posters have said, I think it's an issue of respect. If a man respects you he won't be ogling another girl in front of you, or even if you're not around. And it really just depends on the man and what kind of person he is as well.

I don't mind if James has a look. I look at blokes sometimes but that doesn't mean I want to sleep with any of them or love James any less beacuse of it. I know he still respects and loves me even if he does check out women sometimes, I'm not scared he's going to go off with any of them as I trust him.

Here's a different spin on that if I tell my husband a woman is pretty that is ok but if he mentions her first I get mad at him... LOL....

Originally Posted by Brownshugaz I think it's an issue of respect. A man that respects you won't do that because he knows it makes you uncomfortable and puts a negative shadow on the union. I agree. But I never minded my husband catching a quickie glance. I find other men attractive also. Just no blatant staring. That is rude and disrespectful to me also. But we could blame it on the ...blah, blah...men are visual creatures thing. I just think anyone with a Y chromosome can't stop themselves. I know...not fair. I'm just going through a divorce and I am a little bitter right now.. Not all men are pigs. Just all the ones I know
moa.gif

Originally Posted by pinkbundles well it depends. is he openly gawking, drooling and fantasizing on the spot? or is he just appreciating another pretty woman? there's a difference. at least in my opinion. I agree.

Originally Posted by pinkbundles well it depends. is he openly gawking, drooling and fantasizing on the spot? or is he just appreciating another pretty woman? there's a difference. at least in my opinion. I agree. There is a huge difference. Of course, my boyfriend looks at girls wearing really short skirts and all, but I can't blame him. If a guy with sexy abs come, I won't cover my eyes and run away because I know Olivier is watching me. So as long as it's not intense staring at another one, I don't care.

Originally Posted by jennycateyez if i see a pretty girl or a girl with a nice a$$ i tell him * damn look at her a$$ * i dont care if he looks, damn im the one that tells him to look! I do the same...... but if i see him looking i'll just say she's hot hey. I mean i look at cute guys. We know who we go home with."You can look at the menu but just eat at home"
love5.gif

i think there is a difference between a female and a male staring. like for example a man can look at a pretty woman and sexually fantasize about her.

but studies have shown that females can look at a good looking male stranger and will not fantasize about him because women need an emotional connection to think sexually about a guy.

so i don't like men looking at other women when they are with their significant others especially some married men who will be there with their wives and children and will still check out other women. i HATE that!

Originally Posted by kelly1965rn I agree. But I never minded my husband catching a quickie glance. I find other men attractive also. Just no blatant staring. That is rude and disrespectful to me also. But we could blame it on the ...blah, blah...men are visual creatures thing. I just think anyone with a Y chromosome can't stop themselves. I know...not fair. I'm just going through a divorce and I am a little bitter right now.. Not all men are pigs. Just all the ones I know
moa.gif
I'm sorry to hear that Kelly.I hope you're doing ok girl,

and that it's all for the best in the long run.

I know in my case, it always has been, although it is a mighty slice of hell

gettin through it sometimes.

Sorry to be off topic, continue.

Back