Why do men do this?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Cause they are men - and men think with there smaller head...they even admit it sometimes lol

But it sucks pretty bad.

Originally Posted by pinkbundles well it depends. is he openly gawking, drooling and fantasizing on the spot? or is he just appreciating another pretty woman? there's a difference. at least in my opinion. I feel the same way...it's human nature to be drawn to an attractive object, be it a man, a woman, a beautifull old oak tree, an exquisite meal, etc...If he loves me and we both know it, then feel free to enjoy the oak tree, just don't leave me to go climb it and build a tree fort! lol!

Originally Posted by pinkbundles well it depends. is he openly gawking, drooling and fantasizing on the spot? or is he just appreciating another pretty woman? there's a difference. at least in my opinion. in my opinion too
smile.gif

Grr, sometimes my boyfriend will point out hot celebrities on T.V. I think he does it because he knows it annoys me.

Originally Posted by KrazyPhish Grr, sometimes my boyfriend will point out hot celebrities on T.V. I think he does it because he knows it annoys me. That never bothered me. My soon to be ex-husband was in love with Jennifer Aniston. The reason it never bothered me was because I knew that little fantasy would never come true so he couldn't even be tempted.

Originally Posted by jennycateyez if i see a pretty girl or a girl with a nice a$$ i tell him * damn look at her a$$ * i dont care if he looks, damn im the one that tells him to look! LOL ditto! That's exactly how I am. A man is always going to be attracted to beautiful women whether he is married or not, IMO. of course, being attracted to someone and acting on it are two totally different things but, I don't see anything wrong with my guy looking at other girls. Like jenny said, I'll usually point out the good looking girls with him. It's all in good fun, and I try not to be too serious/over-bearing.

My ex-husband not only looked but he made comments in front of me. It could be a woman on TV or in the grocery store. He would make comments on how 'fine' she was and even make comments on 'what HE could do to her." This totally wrecked my self-esteem. This was a huge problem. He even did it in front of my best friend. She called me the next day, to check on me. I was a wreck when I did get a divorce. But then I found out he was a total womanizing jerk. He got what he asked for.

Now, my boyfriend, which I live with, NEVER says anything & I never catch him looking!

That never bothered me. My soon to be ex-husband was in love with Jennifer Aniston. The reason it never bothered me was because I knew that little fantasy would never come true so he couldn't even be tempted.

I think this is the most correct answer, in the opinion of one of the few males on this board. The reason I say that is because there used to be a couple of members of our coven who would openly flirt with everyone, and I do mean everyone. Now, mind you, this was a husband and wife. One day, I asked the man, as the wife was giving our High Priest a lap dance if it bothered him. He looked at me, smiled, and said that he was not worried because the difference was, the HP was going home alone. She was going home with her husband. Basically, what I am saying is "You can look but don't touch. Boys will be boys."

well a guy will notice a girl , especily a well built one or well made up, I think its natural, but guys can choose to not look when with there SO would be rude in my opinion, and staring is definatly a no no.

all men do this. .. I gave up caring. Everytime my b/f sees some1 hot ... his eyes goes off in the other direction and i'm like "what are u looking @?", then I'm like "oh." it's just the nature of men. If he sees a girl w/a cute butt or nice rack ... there goes his eyes .. wandering off ... what cracks me up is when i tell him that i just saw him staring @ that girl .. and he's like .."o, i though she was some1 from my class ' .... I'm like .. "yah, and i was born yesterday, there must be a lotta hot chicks in your class."

Originally Posted by LVA I'm like .. "yah, and i was born yesterday, there must be a lotta hot chicks in your class." LMAO...what an awesome reply. I´m talking notes here, for whenever my bf starts looking too (so far he´s not really looking after hot chicks yet, and trust me I pay attention)

My b/f doesn't look at other girls in front of me ..im sure he glances when im not looking lol, but i gotta say i do that too, if i see a guy who looks good i give a quick glance when my mans not lookin and i know all im thinking is " ya hes cute" but it stops there.. theres no like elaborate fantasy or thoughts of breaking up with my b/f and im sure its the same for him. I do however think looking right in front of the other person and making it obvious is veryyyy disrespectful

Originally Posted by joybelle My ex-husband not only looked but he made comments in front of me. It could be a woman on TV or in the grocery store. He would make comments on how 'fine' she was and even make comments on 'what HE could do to her." that right there is ridiculous and you'll b able to tell right away if your man is like that^ or if hes just taking a quick glance ...(joybelle i def give you props for leaving him..and not killing him lol )

Most girls also check out other guys out when they are with their husbands or bf. I used to have a bf who checked out other girls in the beginning it pissed me off but then i just started to joke with him and he stopped doing that. I don't really think it means anything that why we have eyes to look.

i guess it if u see sumthing pretty u wanna look at it. I do it to men and women more so women there prettier. Notic its not just women they check out it s cars, and mens toys to they look at them the same way.

My sisters boyfriend was riding with her, and glanced at a car, and she assumed he was staring at the driver.

There was a study done about something like this. They compared reaction time between genders in a public area. They had a beautiful woman walk by and see who looked/reacted first. They found that WOMEN actually noticed the attractive woman first. Why? Because they concluded, for anthropological and evolutionary reasons women are wired to notice any "competition" or "threats" that may harm their "survival". And in the evolutionary sense, "survival" means finding a mate. I found this interesting because when me and my ex would go to the mall, BOTH me and him would notice the attractive girls so really I can't get mad at him for an innate response plus he never outwardly oogled or made comments. BUT i'm sure if he did be jackass about it, i'd be mad.

i dont mind. as long its just a normal quick look. like something passing the corner of your eye, and you have to look. its always more my thing looking at beautiful things, my honey is to shy to stare.

My boyfriend does this too.
frown.gif
I've always assumed that he does it because he's not happy with the way I look.

All guys check out women, and I can deal with that... In fact, I'll say "_____ is so beautiful." It's human nature to find other people physically attractive. I just wish he wouldn't check them out while I am there with him. It makes me feel bad, like I'm invisible and unattractive.

Unfortunately, that is what is wrong with some facets of society. Why is it if a guy is appreciated the beauty of another person, their significant other immediately assumes, and wrongly in most cases, that "Oh, he must think I am unattractive" or "I think he wants her more than me", or etc. Please understand, I am a male, despite my avatar, (which is my Yahoo Avatar on another screen name, and I thought it would fit in here), and thereby kind of get confused by the female psyche, so don't castrate me just yet. I'm just trying to understand.

Well, I think that I am unattractive to him because he told me that he doesn't think I'm pretty. I found out that he thinks I'm mediocre looking, but not pretty. For a while he always would tell me he thought I was beautiful and made me feel good about myself. I later found out he never really meant it, only said it to make me feel better about myself. I know there's some physical attraction to me on his part or else he wouldn't be with me, but I still feel unattractive when he checks out girls when I'm there with him... I just wish he'd look at me the way he looks at them.

Before he told me all that, he also cheated on me for a girl he considered to be more physically attractive. He said it was an "ego boost" that she was interested in him. (Other than the fact she had bigger boobs and clearer skin, I don't think she's much prettier than me.. but whatever.)

That's why I think the way I do... it's difficult not to let that stuff affect me in some way.

Back