Why do men do this?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm shallow too then. Coz I look at both men and women (men coz theyre hot... women coz they're hot and my competitive instincts kick in).

I just read through the whole thread. Seems to me the biggest factor in play is not whether guys look or not... but our insecurities about it.

Me and my guy both look. When we feel secure comparing ourselves to the person being looked at, we dont make a fuss. But when I catch him looking at someone I feel a little insecure about, I get pissed. And he is the same way. (He once pointed out some guy on a bike to me... then quickly told me to look away and stop staring at his butt - his insecurities kicked in, it was quite amusing to me)

Bottom line is, whether the guy likes to look or not (or you've never caught them - peripheral vision is great you know) ... if he wants to cheat, he will cheat. Looking isnt cheating. If it was, many men and women would be walking around with their eyes gauged out.

I don't care if my bf looks at another chick, if its jsut a glance or whatever. Usually I don't even catch him doing it but he probably does. Now if he were to start staring and looking like hes fantasizing or something, that would be a diff. story but thats never came up. You can't really help who you look at, espec. if they are in your line of sight and if someone is attractive it catches your eye, sometimes I look at other guys but I don't openly check them out or give em the once over lol.

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm shallow too then. Coz I look at both men and women (men coz theyre hot... women coz they're hot and my competitive instincts kick in).
I just read through the whole thread. Seems to me the biggest factor in play is not whether guys look or not... but our insecurities about it.

Me and my guy both look. When we feel secure comparing ourselves to the person being looked at, we dont make a fuss. But when I catch him looking at someone I feel a little insecure about, I get pissed. And he is the same way. (He once pointed out some guy on a bike to me... then quickly told me to look away and stop staring at his butt - his insecurities kicked in, it was quite amusing to me)

Bottom line is, whether the guy likes to look or not (or you've never caught them - peripheral vision is great you know) ... if he wants to cheat, he will cheat. Looking isnt cheating. If it was, many men and women would be walking around with their eyes gauged out.

ITA ...Looking is as natural as our insecurities about it are.

Back