So now I gotta Wax my arms too??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I never really thought twice about my arm hair, I thought it was no big deal. I mean I shave all the "necessary" areas but never cared about my arms. But recently I find more and more people talking about getting their arms waxed. My aunt even made a comment to me about it. And seriosly, I am NOT even that hairy. Then I started noticing other women's arms and realized that like everyone's arms are hairless! Have I been out of the loop? Since when is having some hair on your arms and being in a t-shirt as bad as hairy legs and shorts?

I have hairy arms but the hairs are not that long and thick just like on the legs. So the easiest way is to bleach them.

I do it every2 or 3 weeks.

I don't think you should anything to please others, if it's bothering you, then do something. I have so much hair on my arms, I can french braid them, but I don't do anything about it, it doesn't bother me...

IMO this is a personal choice you shouldn't let anybody tell you what to do with your body. I do wax my arms, at first was curiosity to try a drugstore kit and now I can't stand seeing hair on my arms.

a friend of mine waxed her arms in high school but it was really weird when it would grow back and she would have arm stubble.....

If it makes you happy then go for it, but you shouldn't feel like you have to change your appearance on the account of other people.

Arm hair is legal! lol
wink.gif
I am fortunate enough that I do not have hairy arms.

You know today I was looking at women's arms because of your comment. And you are right, I have seen women going nude with their arms.

Strange that I never noticed.. well I guess that means no one really notices arm hair so why get them waxed? HEHE =P

Only wax them if you want to. The hair fairy blessed me twice and I haven't waxed mine. I'd have to have a crock pot sized wax burner to remove all of the hair from my body and I'm just not that motivated.

I don't personally recommend shaving or waxing your arms. I used to shave my arms WAY long ago because I felt too hairy! (Lucky for me the hair actually didn't grow in any thicker!) Needless to say, when it was cold, my arms HURT because there wasn't any hair to protect the arm and keep it warm, so to speak... I definitely learned my lesson there!

Originally Posted by pieced I don't think you should anything to please others, if it's bothering you, then do something. I have so much hair on my arms, I can french braid them, but I don't do anything about it, it doesn't bother me...
rofl2.gif

Maybe I'm weird, but I kind of like the hair on my arms. It's not coarse or thick, like a dude's arm hair, but quite fine eventhough it's dark. I don't really care, and honestly, I don't think people notice it. Unless they have some sort of hair-phobia. I thought about waxing it once, but that's just more time and upkeep over something that I don't think twice about to begin with.

I don't mind my arm hair at all! I've noticed that women who shave it when the hair starts growing back in it does look super weird! It also to me looks a little weird to not have any hair on the arms.
kopfkratz.gif

Ok guys, so I caved!
smile.gif
I reached for the Nair this morning and said adios to my arm hair. In general, I really dislike Nair because it's smelly and burny but luckily I got the 3minute formula. I gotta tell you, it's so wierd. I feel like I have the arms of a five year old because they are sooo smooth. I can't really decide if I like it or not though. I'm just not used to it. On a plus side, I discovered 3 new beauty marks which I guess were hidden underneath my "forest", lol.
laughno.gif

Ugh omg people do this? Ive never heard of it haha. I dunno I might think it stranger if you were hairless on your arms that actually having hair :/

I shave my arms, backs of hands, and knuckles too. I started doing this after reading RuPaul's autobiography. He gives the best beauty tips ever in his book. I love the smoothness. I don't get stubble after. It looks great too!

when I went to an american high school I first realized this. this one girl shaved her arms (she was a blonde so how much hair could she have had? LOL). I thought that was soo weird.

my bf shaves his hands+arms sometimes and I HATE IT!!! I think I already kinda got him to not do it that often anymore and I hope he won´t ever do it again one day. the stubble is sooo uncomfortable and scratchy. he´s not that hairy at all so I don´t know what the deal is.

Originally Posted by KimC2005 I dont shave my arm hair at all.. It light and you can barely see it. ditto! x

I have a lot of arm hair and I personally could care less. I caved a few years ago and waxed ... but to be honest... what a waste of good money. My arm hair has never really affected my appearance except maybe snide comments from someone else (go screw em is what I say)!

I did however get excited over my epilator a few weeks ago and epilated my arm...so then for balance I had to epilate the other one. I don't recommend that. It's slowly growing in now.

Back