So now I gotta Wax my arms too??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to shave my arms, it used to bother me, but now it bothers me if I dont have arm hair. My great-grandmother used to singe her arm hair on the stove top to get rid of it, just a weird fun fact, lol. I dated a weightlifter in college, and ya know how they shave off all their body hair, well all the prickliness made me not like shaving my arms or dating another weightlifter guy again
10.gif

I don't mine hair on my arms at all. The hairs on my arm are very light, I guess if they were dark it would bother me. Do it only if you want to not because of what other thinks about you.

Originally Posted by mehrunissa
rofl2.gif

Maybe I'm weird, but I kind of like the hair on my arms. It's not coarse or thick, like a dude's arm hair, but quite fine eventhough it's dark. I don't really care, and honestly, I don't think people notice it. Unless they have some sort of hair-phobia. I thought about waxing it once, but that's just more time and upkeep over something that I don't think twice about to begin with.

ditto!

To be honest, my arms are pretty hairy. It never bothered me, but then again I am blonde and the hairs are pretty light. I think my arms would look WEIRD with no hair! I can't imagine how icky it would feel growing back.

I started waximg my arms when I was 15. I was never hairy, never had a lot of hair on my arms, and it wasnt dark, it was long, and I hated it. So i decided to wax them myself. Not to sound sadistic(sp?) but there wasnt that much pain, it was almost a pleasurable pain. I've waxed my arms ever since, and with me, the more often I wax, the less hair grows in.

It was my personal preference. I also wax my hair on my hands and knuckles. I am waxing everything tonight, and I may even wax my feet (i have some hair there). Its all a preference. I only like hair on my head, eyebrows and eyelashes.

when you bleach it what do you do is it like normal hair bleach or do they have a certain bleach to use oh your arm. where do you get it?

I wax my arms but only b/c it's really ahiry... if it wasn't as much I probably wouldn't bother.

I am already naturally almost hairless, so I don't worry about this. However, when I did start going to school as a child, I was really shocked to see how hairy most people actually are. The neck, chest, even the hands and feet & fingers and toes!

Just because I like my men to mirror me, I prefer them not too hairy at all. I just think body hair looks unkept. I am used to seeing hairless bodies in my family, so as a result, that's how I prefer it to be.

its a personal decision. you don't have to wax if you don't want to. you can lighten arm

hair( jolen) or use a dipilitory ( like nair) to dissolve excess hair ( if u believe u need to)

my hairs are really long, so they are very noticeable and every once in a while it bothers me. I shave it from time to time, not too often though, cause they seem to grow slower than those on my legs. I never got stubble from it.

I think I am going to try waxing my arms this winter, that way I can wear long sleeves if I don't like it. My hair is dark, but it only bothers me occassionally. I would never shave my arms, I too have felt many shaved arms in my day and it totally turned me off. I think waxing the hair would be better as stubble goes, but maybe that's just me.

Don't waste your money and don't destroy your arms with ingrown hair etc.Bleach the hair on your arms!

It only took me once to figure I'd never remove my arm hair again. I shaved mine. I couldn't imagine torturing myself with wax. My hair is VERY light and not noticeable, but I don't think I'd do it unless I had man hair on my arms.

I used to bleach my arm hair, because my sister started doing it, but then I just switched to shaving. I don't like hair I guess!

Originally Posted by vanilla_sky my hairs are really long, so they are very noticeable and every once in a while it bothers me. I shave it from time to time, not too often though, cause they seem to grow slower than those on my legs. I never got stubble from it. I still think you're cute!
handkuss.gif
inlove.gif
inlove3.gif
sunshine.gif

This is something i have never thought about before.I've just had a look at my arms and even though i am very dark i can see very few hairs, just a sort of light down,uide say that the hair was not noticable.But if something bothered me ide definaltey do something about it.I can see why some people would wax their arms,we wax almost everyhwere else.

I have never seen this. I don't know whether to laugh or not (sorry to anyone who does it, not trying to offend). But Geez. I have never noticed hairless arms b4 so I must agree with the poster above about it not being that important (to me) if I cant notice it. I just don't think I could ever put up with the maintenance of that.

Back