So now I gotta Wax my arms too??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shave my arms like, twice a year. The hairs on my arms get really long, like 3cm or so. Lucky enough, they are very light so not that noticeble. But in the summer when the light makes it all visibile, it bothers me. It grows back really slow, so I don't need to worry about it that much.

I remember back in HS, one of my best gal pals, shaved her arms.....I didn't realize it until one day, I rubbed against her arm, and could feel the stubble.....

Kinda felt weird.....I don't know if I'd do it......She said she has been for years.....the following week, I started paying attention to other's arms....and asking a few girls from gym class......seems it was actually quite a popular thing to do....

Mines a little dark and long, maybe I'll try bleaching.....I'm not for getting in grown hairs.....ouch and yuck!

well, I work at a gym, and I have to say, accidentally brushing up against a guy at the counter with arm stubble is FRIGGEN SCARY! personally i prefer soft arm hair to crazy stubble. Major major turn off. From a distance I think the lack of hair looks good, and I don't really have anything against it, but I wouldn't really like to go out with someone with shaved or waxed arms.. the feel of it is really creepy. But hey, if it makes you uncomfortable, then I reckon go for it, especially if arm stubble doesn't freak you out, lol! I think I'm alone in that one!

When I was around 15 I went through this thing where I totally despised any body hair and would shave it all off, everything below the neck pretty much. I don't really remember how much hair I had on my arms, because I've been shaving it since then. I usually do it whenever I remember [which is around one a week, I guess], because my arm hair is light blonde and really soft, so I don't get a stubbly/prickly feeling. It doesn't grow as fast as leg hair, either... so it's not a huge deal for me.

I don't think it's necessary to get rid of the hair on your arms. You shouldn't do it just because someone told you to, or if you feel pressured to because everyone else is doing it. If you want to, then go for it, but don't let other people tell you how you should keep your body hair! LOL.

i shave the hair under my arms, but apart from that, i kinda like my arms the way they look.

Honey, my arms are my last worry as long as the parts that truly should be shaved or waxed are taken care of...it's all good.

I tried shaving once, years ago, but I don't know, I felt uncomfortable with the stubble part.

my arm hair is kind of dark, but my arm is tanned too, so I haven't thought too much about doing it again.

I wax my arms sometimes in summer. I have light hair but its long. No one seems to notice though so..

I wax my arms and legs because Ilike the smooth feeling,but I don't think I have to cuz my arm hair isn't even visible but I just like doin it!!

We had to do it when I was training at college. I didn't like it on me at all, it just looked wrong not having any hair there!!

Unless it really bothers you, don't worry about it!!

My SO would kill me if I shaved my arm hair off! He likes the smoothness up and down. I for one am too lazy to do stuff like that anyway.

I only shave two parts of my body and its not my arms and legs as its rather pointless since I have very fine hairs on both and its very little too.

A long while ago I de-haired my arms with veet a couple times because one of my coworkers said guys only liked girls without arm hair. Good thing I know better now! Anyway, I decided that it'd be too much hassle to maintain and I didn't want the hair to grow back thicker, so I stopped. The hair is so fine, I don't even notice it, and who cares what guys think of my arms in the first place!

It's a big thing in the beauty industry. Everyone waxes their arms. It's not so much that women have hairy arms, it just feels nice to have smooth forearms. I thought it was stupid, until I tried it, now I love it.

Your arm hair doesn't grow back stubbly when you wax them. It's soft.

I shaved my arms once and the hair grew back all crazy, in swirly directions, and won't lay flat anymore. I never did it again. My boyfriend is very fair and I don't have to shave anywhere that he doesn't
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by momokins /img/forum/go_quote.gif I shaved my arms once and the hair grew back all crazy, in swirly directions, and won't lay flat anymore. I never did it again. haha same!!

Back