Do you have your makeup "fully done" before going out?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've my makeup done almost everytime before stepping out of the door and the only time I applied lipstick on a bus was because I was in a rush to work. I've seen many ppl do their makeup like applying mascara, l/s, blush, eyeliner or etc. on the bus, in the train/bart, or even in the car when they are driving. So, I'm curious if you'll get your makeup done before going out?

I have to have all my eye and face makeup done but don't mind doing my lips in the car or whatever but that's it.

I'm going to move this threa to the Make-Up Forum
smile.gif

I used to have to have a "full face" before I would walk near the door! I have found the older you get, the less you need to feel pretty and confident. Also, the older you get the less you care what other people think!

For sure! I dont even have time to put on something like a bit of lipstick in the car at 7 something in the crass morning so I like to have everything finished. I check frequentley at different angles to see if I missed something.

Quote:
I used to have to have a "full face" before I would walk near the door! I have found the older you get, the less you need to feel pretty and confident. Also, the older you get the less you care what other people think! i think that for me, the older i get the more i know that being pretty and confident comes from inside me. don't get me wrong, i love my makeup and start my day with a full face. but i don't need to feel less pretty because i am older and wiser

Originally Posted by Glamour Girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used to have to have a "full face" before I would walk near the door! I have found the older you get, the less you need to feel pretty and confident. Also, the older you get the less you care what other people think! LOL -- I'm sure your not OLD, so don't think this comment is about you. But when I think of older women and make-up I think of my grandma who would really paint her face. She wore this white powder which looked so thick and fake that it could have been a mask. It sounds really bad, but it was actually quite beautiful -- think of a giesha, not a clown. She wouldn't even step out of her bedroom without her make-up on. I don't think I ever saw her without her face "painted on," as grandpa says.

Also fully made up!

I don't know why, but it bugs me to see people doing their makeup in public (in a bathroom is ok, but in public places like the bus seems weird to me)... If you don't have time to get ready in the morning, just set the alarm 15 minutes earlier! I would rather skip parts of my makeup routine or be late than do it in public!

Or at least those are my thoughts, no offense to anyone who does do their makeup in public
smile.gif

when im motivated yeah. but now i tend to wear makeup on the weekends, since im not that motivated to put on a full face for school.

Originally Posted by Glamour Girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used to have to have a "full face" before I would walk near the door! I have found the older you get, the less you need to feel pretty and confident. Also, the older you get the less you care what other people think! I hear ya! I go out w/o my makeup alot now and it's no big deal. I never thought i'd be this way when I was younger b/c I thought I wasn't pretty enough without my makeup. Now I just don't care what anyone thinks....but it does still make me feel good getting hit on with a bare face. hehe But when I do put my makeup on, I like to have it all done before leaving b/c I feel funny putting it on in public and don't like when I see people doing theirs in public....so you're not alone, Jennifer.

Generally I do. However, if John's driving, then I'll do my lips in the car. Other than that, I'm definitely "made up" before leaving
wink.gif

i only wear makeup when i need to, like work, going out with people, but if i go out to the grocery store or something, i don't care to do it.

My makeup is done before I leave, I drive to school so there's no way I can drive and apply makeup. since I only have like a 10minute drive. If i'm running late, I really dont do my eyes, I may just do liner or a single eyeshadow. Otherwise I wear concealer, face powder, blush, 2 shadows, liner, mascara and lip gloss or balm.

Originally Posted by Glamour Girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used to have to have a "full face" before I would walk near the door! I have found the older you get, the less you need to feel pretty and confident. Also, the older you get the less you care what other people think! I'm with you! I still like to feel pretty and confident. But, that feeling has nothing to do with whether I have a full face or not. And when I was younger it was ALL about that. I wouldn't leave the house without a full face. I leave without a full face a lot now and yikes...don't shoot me, but I put my face on (or as much as I can) in the car on the way to work. I have a 45 minute commute so I have lots of time. And if I can't finish it I either wear what I have on or I pull over for 5 minutes and finish my eyes. On weekends I only wear makeup if we're going out. Otherwise I give my skin a break.

I do my make-up before i leave the house but i find it fascinating how people can apply make-up on the train with such a steady hand.

Well it depends.. If i am running late and in an extreme rush i will pack the makeup i need to go even if that means putting on liquid liner on the train or bus lol. Usually i leave enough time to do my makeup at home.

Hi,

I rarely wear it, but when I do the makeup is completed before leaving the house.

Back