Do you have your makeup "fully done" before going out?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only makeup I apply everyday (well unless I am just running errands) is concealer - everything else I do if I have time. I wear mainly eyeliner and lipgloss - and eye shadow sometimes. Sometimes I go to work with no makeup at all - I don't know what it is but I usually don't bother with any makeup at all during days where I know I have work and no plans later. I try keeping makeup at work though for "emergencies".

I should really wear makeup more often - I never run out of eyeshadows or anything.

I apply lipstick at red lights
shuriken.gif

But hey, at least the car isn't moving

Yes,always,but when I was in school I would apply it before/ between classes and sometimes in class.

I absolutely have to have my makeup fully done, otherwise I feel incomplete and kinda gross.
unsure.gif

Originally Posted by Shaima /img/forum/go_quote.gif I always wear eyeliner.. If I was forced to pick only one piece of makeup and nothing else, it would be my eyeliner so I know how you feel.

I do my foundation and eye makeup at home and do my lipstick when I get in the car. I never really put on full makeup and now I'm down to just wearing foundation and eyeliner. I even skip the finishing silk now because I find that my skin has improved so much I don't need it.

Originally Posted by Jessica81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif LOL -- I'm sure your not OLD, so don't think this comment is about you. But when I think of older women and make-up I think of my grandma who would really paint her face. She wore this white powder which looked so thick and fake that it could have been a mask. It sounds really bad, but it was actually quite beautiful -- think of a giesha, not a clown. She wouldn't even step out of her bedroom without her make-up on. I don't think I ever saw her without her face "painted on," as grandpa says. Ya my b/fs abuela shes so cuteeeeee shes always dresses in her cute colorful clothes w/ her mathching purse and her matching heels and matching makeup...one day she was putting on lipstick in the mirror and she turns to me n is like " es mi vida" - its my life-...so ya i def think the older u get the wiser u get but its cool that she still into fashion n beauty

i have to have my eye makeup done at all times LoL i cud skip lipgloss/lipstick for later

I used to go to work w/o makeup and apply when I got there if I was running late. No big deal.

Now, I've been using MMU and have so much fun playing with it that I've gotten into the habit of doing all mu before I go out. Often on weekends/days at home though, its just foundation, a little blush, curl eyelashes and chapstick or gloss.

I switch my routine around alot, depending on how much time I have and where I'm supposed to be that night.

If there's a big event, then I pull out all the stops.

For family get togethers, I usually keep it sweet and simple, with a slight touch of glamour.

When days I don't have to go anywhere (except shopping), I keep things pretty basic, with a little bit of concealer, some cream blush, powder, a light slick of gloss, and a little bit of mascara.

Yep always, if im going out i dont want to rush myself putting makeup on, its a delicate thing =]

I usually go with a "full face", which is not THAT much because for me it's about having great looking skin. I totally agree with the other ladies about getting older - 10 years ago I wouldn't be caught dead w/o makeup. Now, it helps me feel more put together but it's not something I have to do. I agree with Lisa, lips can be done outside but otherwise the rest should be done at home.

The best thing I've EVER done for myself is have permanent make-up (eyeliner only!) done. I thought about it for YEARS and never had the guts - was worried I'd end up with a Tammy Fae Clown Face and be stuck. But I didn't...my husband agrees it's the best thing ever too. Since I'm blonde (and therefore my lashes are blonde too!), I dye my lashes black and have this perm eyeliner. 90% of the time, it's enough. It has given me that extra boost in confidence I needed to go truly w/o makeup because it gives a "groomed" appearance all the time. Even when I wake up. And no more afternoon smudgies!!!

i can go out w/o mu, i like to stay natural. if i only have five minutes for it, i just put some mascara and lipgloss. six minutes? i can try black khol on my upper lid. if i have more time or if my skin looks horrible, i put concealer, green stuff for blemishes and foundation. i even try some looks matching my clothes, but i keep it simple. most of the time, i just choose a pale pink or a pale golden yellow e/s, they're not high pigmented so it's good for neutral looks. it's only when i go shopping with friends or go out that i take my time to do the entire look properly.

i can do the lips everywhere, and they're very sensitive, which means i always have in my pockets my l/s or l/g and my lipbalm.

i don't really mind what people think of me, even if i appreciate constructive criticism. not so many people go out with a little stuffed Zero (Jack's dog in the Nightmare before Christmas ) on their backpack, so i'm used to people freaking out around me
laughing.gif

I don't really wear much if any makeup on my days off from MAC, but on the days that I work I do leave the house usually without any lip stuff on...

I wait until I get to work to put it on bc I usually arrive to work way early and it will wear off by the time I go on the floor anyway.

I keep my make up simple so I'm always "done" in 5 minutes or less. I touch up my lipgloss as needed wherever/whenever. Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed with much in the eyebrow department so I NEVER EVER leave the house without my eyebrows filled/shaded in. I rarely check the mailbox with out my eyebrows on!

I just use foundation and conelor most days. Masscar and eyeshadow at time. But i need the conelor and the foundation. I am too self conssiouncess argh which sucks.

Back