What Make Up Remover Do you use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys.. maybe I'm just retarded and incapable, maybe it's the brand of my liquid eyeliner, but I was wondering what everyone uses to remove their makeup, because it doesn't seem to matter what I use, I can't EVER get it all off!

I usually use crabtree and evelyn soap, clarins foaming facial wash, a toner and then moisturise, and yet the next day I can STILL take off black stuff from under my eyes.

I'm sick of looking exhausted because my makeup isnt completely removed, and all these brands that promise 'gentle cleansing' really mean 'useless'!

I want some HARDCORE, wash off in one go advice here! Any ideas? and anyone else have this problem? or am I all alone?

I have the exact same problem. The only thing I have tried that really gets it all off are some little round pads (kinda look like stridex pads only smaller) by Almay. They are the oil kind, and they REALLY take it off, but then my vision is blurry for a little while because the oil gets in my eyes. LOL

For my eyes, I use L'Oreal's eye makeup remover (blue liquid). For the rest of my face, I just use my cleanser (Clinical Skin Basics).

I have never found an oil free eye makeup remover that actually gets it all off... like PinkSugar said, I alwasy still wake up the next morning with raccoon eyes even if it looked like I had it all off.

I have used the Almay before too and they do a pretty good job of getting all that makeup off, plus they don't sting your eyes.

I use olive oil and a very warm wash cloth. It removes easily every trace of makeup including the non-budging non-smudging MAC fluidlines.

I love avons eye makeup remover. Works great and its a cream, not a lquid , so it doesnt run into my eyes.

^I should try that out Saja :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I use Loreals eye makeup remover. I see blurry sometimes but it prettyy much gets the job done. Ive heard that Lancome makes a wicked remover but I dint think $20 is worth paying for just a remover!

I don't put much MU on my face (just soap & water) For my eyes, I use Rimmel gentle eye make up remover using the cotton rounds and it removes everything wonderfully. No stinging either

I use the same thing, and it doesnt sting my eyes, but i wear quite a bit of makeup (eyeshadow, eyeliner, waterproof mascara) and it gets everything off.

I use the Bobbi Brown e/s for non-waterproof makeup and it gets my toughest non-waterproof mascaras off, although I sometimes have to work at it a little. What I do is saturate the cotton pad, close one eye and press the pad on top, then let it sit for several seconds, then wipe down and towards the outside of my face. I'll also push up against my lashes from the bottom with my eyes closed. I use flat cotton pads because they're easier to wrap around my fingers for getting close to the base of the lashes. you can also dip a q-tip into eye makeup remover for those more delicate areas. I've *never* been able to get all of my eye m/u off with just regular face wash.

The oil eye makeup removers work the best for me. I've been using Lancome Bi-Facial & it works great for me. Clinque's "Take the Day Off" works well also.

AVON Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion

and sometimes...

Comodynes Convinient Cosmetics Make-Up remover cleansing wipes when i'm lazy

Back