The official diet thread - Share diary's, recipes etc.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stuck and subscribed
wink.gif

ok. here's a very easy tasty recipe.i always make 4 of them, pack them in foil and put them in the freezer. its a very tasty healthy lunch.

ingredients:

4 8" flour tortilla's 440 kcal (i'm sure you can get diet once or something in the us but i have to use the regular ones)

300 gram chicken 330 kcal

2 tomatos

4 slices of gouda cheese 300 kcal

8 spoons of low fat mayonaise 150 kcal

thats a total of 300 a piece but i ate one for lunch and i'm stuffed until dinner!

cut the chicken in long thing parts. rub the chicken in with spices and herbs you like, i use garlic, red pepper, salt and pepper and prepare it in the oven. i have a whirlpool microwave with a crisp function so i only take around 6-7 minutes for me.

prepare the wraps as said on the package and put the slice of cheese on it, then the chicken, tomato's and mayonaise fold together and pack them in 4 diverend foils. they only take a couple of minutes in the microwave to heat up but they are very nice also eaten cold!

i like these cause i can make them at night or when i have the time! you could definetly take them to work and eat them cold! you can also eat them for dinner with some salad!

Originally Posted by citre /img/forum/go_quote.gif Great thread!!
Thanks for that link!

My diet diary is here!

lighten up!

gonna bookmark you!

Hey Sam?

if you dont mind me asking, what program are you using to count calories and stuff?

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey Sam?if you dont mind me asking, what program are you using to count calories and stuff?

its a dutch cd-rom. i bought it like ages ago! i can tell you but you wouldnt know it i guess. its made by a dutch company. i liked it cause it actually tells you if you ate to much protein, fat and that stuff. every day you get an report.
maybe this helps:

they want you to keep on this percentage (it should be healthy)

10 % protein

55 % carbs

35 % fat

great!

well, i think im doing well so far then lol

Thank you Sam
smile.gif

i just downloaded one that is called CalorieKing Nutrition and Excersice Management, so i will see how it works
wink.gif

yes you can get those calorie track things everwhere. the only one that i didnt like was the weight watchers thing! they let me eat 27 points wich i had no idea if it was much or not. well i found out it was actually more than what i eat when i'm not on a diet! i also could eat an unlimited amout of pasta for 2 points, thats insane, i'm a pasta freak so i would eat nothing but pasta all day (breakfast-lunch-dinner). that would be so not good!

how funny. my mom tried weight watchers too. she lost more money than weight. she tried to explain me several times the system of points and you know the green, yellow and red foods. never really understood, too complicated for me.

i have a good idea of what i'm supposed to eat, but i never know the quantities and calories.

anyway, great thread !

Ooh count me in. I don't have a diary or anything. Is there any sites that any of you recommend?

I have a small grocery budget so I'm looking for some economical but healthy foods. Preferably vegetarian. I have a recipe that I tweaked the other night that was lovely. I'll post it later this evening.

Here is my recipe contribution
biggrin.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avocado and Mango Salsa

Heart-friendly Recipe

This recipe contains:

Fat:

No more than 15g

Saturated Fat:

No more than 5g

Cholesterol:

No more than 150 mg

Sodium:

No more than 250 mg

Carbohydrates:

No more than 80g

Total Sugars:

No more than 25g total sugars; limit to 35g in desserts

Low-Sodium Recipe

This recipe contains:

Sodium:

No more than 200 mg

Diabetes-friendly Recipe X

This recipe contains:

Fat:

No more than 15g

Saturated Fat:

No more than 5g

Cholesterol:

No more than 300 mg

Sodium:

No more than 1000 mg

Carbohydrates:

No more than 50g

Total Sugars:

Low-Carb Recipe

This recipe contains:

Carbohydrates:

No more than 45g Total Sugars:

Dairy-Free Recipe

This recipe contains no milk or milk products, no casein or whey.

Gluten-Free Recipe

This recipe contains no gluten containing ingredients or products.

572.jpg

Serves: 12 person(s)

Preparation Time: 15 mins

Cooking Time: 0 mins

Extra Time: 20 mins for flavors to meld

Yield: 12 x 1/4 cup servings (or 3 cups)

Want something to flavor-up your fruits and veggies? Try this salsa!

Ingredients:

1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced

1 cup chopped ripe mango

1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped

1/2 cup chopped jicama

2 Tbsp lime juice (juice of 1 lime)

1 dash salt and ground pepper, to taste

1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped

Directions:

In a mixing bowl, combine the avocado, mango, jalapeño pepper, jicama, and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix in the cilantro.

Let the salsa sit 20 minutes for flavors to meld before serving.

Variations:

If more than a dash of salt is added, add additional sodium.

Author:

American Institute for Cancer Research

AICR

Pineapple fried rice

(I really tweaked this recipe and only added the items that I wanted and had on hand. I'm sorry that I don't have a macronutrient breakdown for you all as well)

• 1 whole pineapple
  • 3 cups cooked rice, preferably several days old (Tip: if fresh, leave for an hour or more in the refrigerator uncovered)
  • 4 Tbsp. peanut or coconut oil
  • 1-3 Tbsp. vegetable stock (or chicken stock if non-vegetarian)
  • 2 shallots, thinly sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or pressed
  • 1 green chilli, thinly sliced (reduce or leave out if you prefer very mild fried rice)
  • ½ cup raw unsalted whole cashews
  • ½ cup frozen peas
  • 1 small or medium carrot, grated
  • ¼ cup raisins or currants
  • 2 Tbsp vegetarian fish sauce, or soy sauce (use regular fish sauce if non-vegetarian)
  • 2 tsp. curry powder
  • 3 spring onions finely sliced
  • 1/3 cup fresh coriander
  • 1 egg (optional)*
PREPARATION:
1. Slice off one side of the pineapple to remove the skin (do no cut off the leaves). Carve out the fruit from inside the pineapple. Set carved pineapple aside. (For step by step instructions, click on the link below recipe)

2. Cut the fruit of the pineapple into bite-size pieces to make 1 cup. zSB(3,3)Save the rest to eat later (keep in a container in the refrigerator).

3. Mix 1 Tbsp. oil with the rice, using your fingers to separate chunks.

4. Place remaining oil in a wok/large frying pan and turn heat on to medium-high. Add shallots, garlic, and chilli, stir-frying until fragrant (1-2 minutes). If the wok becomes too dry, add a little stock or water 1 Tbsp. at a time.

5. Crack egg into wok, if using, and stir quickly to cook.

6. Add [veggie] fish sauce or soy sauce, curry powder, peas, carrot, and cashews. Stir-fry (1 minute).

7. Now add rice, fresh pineapple pieces, and currents. Stir to combine and continue stir frying over high or medium-high heat until the rice "dances" (you'll be able to hear it popping), 1-3 minutes).

8. Taste for saltiness. If not salty enough, add up to 2 Tbsp. more [veggie] fish sauce or soy sauce. 9. To serve, scoop rice into the carved-out pineapple. Top with spring onions and coriander.

that fried rice recipe sounds yummy!

im going to have to try it because my husband loves pineapples!

Thank you Gwena
biggrin.gif

i just ordered carmens electra's aerobic striptease and fit to strip. any revieuws on these? they sound like so much fun and its good for you!

260123.jpg

Learn to strip while you work out! Carmen Electra leads a fun, flirty workout that will make you feel sexy while you work up a sweat. Carmen brings together hot moves from dance and fitness in a low-intensity workout that will work your abdomen, thighs, butt, and hips. Working with the best choreographers around, Carmen brings the art of the striptease into your living room. As volume one of Carmen's series, AEROBIC STRIPTEASE teaches basic striptease technique, introducing you to the program with a full warm-up and three cardio dance routines.

0090204909681.gif

if you know any other good work out dvd's please let me know

Back