The official diet thread - Share diary's, recipes etc.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks citre! that would be great! until now i eat 4 slices of white bread with chicken (i know white bread is bad but i just cant eat brown bread) and a muesli bar (100kcal!! that with the chocolat)

glad the weightscale is going down again! lost 5.2 lbs again. i hope they stay off! how is everybody doing?

T___T

I'm failing miserably... I CAN'T stay on track... I was supposed to be down at least 10 lbs by now... I've gotten nowhere... I was hoping to look at least halfway decent in a bathing suit... what can I do to keep myself on track..? I downloaded the biggest loser workout hoping it would be what I'm looking for..

Originally Posted by citre /img/forum/go_quote.gif T___T
I'm failing miserably... I CAN'T stay on track... I was supposed to be down at least 10 lbs by now... I've gotten nowhere... I was hoping to look at least halfway decent in a bathing suit... what can I do to keep myself on track..? I downloaded the biggest loser workout hoping it would be what I'm looking for..

become a member on diet.com. its awesome for motivating! its kinda helps me to keep on track. i lost 9.8 lbs !!!

I just found this thread. All the tips and links are great! I don't know how much I've lost, but I've been attempting a low fat diet with 1.5 hours of weights and walking per day for the past 4 weeks.

Originally Posted by isometh /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just found this thread. All the tips and links are great! I don't know how much I've lost, but I've been attempting a low fat diet with 1.5 hours of weights and walking per day for the past 4 weeks. pfff man i wish i could bring up the 1.5 hour of excersize lol. i'm so lazy after i come from work

I've been I've making protein cottage cheese pancakes lately that taste so good. They remind me of Finnish Pancakes - Pannu Kakku.

1 c. cottage cheese

1/4 c whole wheat flour

1/4 c water or milk

1/4 tsp salt

1 TB butter or other fat

Preheat nonstick griddle and put just a little butter or oil on it. Blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour on griddle in pancakes and flip only when they are getting brown on one side - otherwise they tend to fall apart.

Cook on both sides until browned, enjoy with some syrup
smile.gif

These are high in protein and contain no simple carbs!!

If your scale is off, you can add a weight that you know the exact weight of, like a dumbbell, just to see how much it's off by and then you can add or subtract as needed when you step on it.

well, yesterday was kind of special, i tasted my mom's cake (apples and coconut powder). i think sometimes you need a treat, just take a not too big slice
smile.gif

for snacks (morning and 5pm) i go for protein bars. that's what my doc told me to do and it really helps until you're home for lunch or just waiting until it's dinner time.

i also go for soups lately, a good bowl (i'll take a slice of whole wheat bread and put some bits in it) and some proteins with it, and it fills your stomach for the night. i'll usually make myself some infusion, something like verbena or whatever blend i find in the cupboard.

I did the Richard Simmons Food Mover - Move, Groove, and Loose Lost 20 lbs. 4 years ago and have kept it off.

I need to start too. Just gotta get my butt in gear. Will start looking for good recipes in the morning--if I can get off Coke I will be doing great. LOL

does anyone know if there is a way to calculate how many weight watchers points you can have per day without signing up to it.. cause i really dont have the money right now!!

smile.gif

hmmm...dunno anything about weight watchers...I just know to watch the white flour/carb intake..add more whole grains, fish, veggies...and that usually does the trick.

my keys with the carbs...find a really good dark, dense, whole grain bread (feels like a brick...usually found in your whole foods/organic section), eat BROWN rice/ whole grain, and if/when you eat pasta, cook it AL DENTE...still semi hard. Keeping it dense makes the body have to work harder to digest thus creating less sugar/fat.

Your body needs carbs...that's a health fact. Just know how to -work it-
smile.gif

I need to come back and read all the replies so if this has been posted forgive me!

I am in love with the beck diet solution! it is an awesome workbook and that goes along with the diet of your choosing! I love it! I would link but I am not allowed until I hit 10 posts! LOL!

yay i found the weight watchers thing online =]

ive been on it a month now and lost 9 pounds..

time to weigh myself again tomorrow though so hopefully i havent put on any or stayed the same!

biggrin.gif

this is the longest ive managed to stick to a diet in years! and i managed to survive valentines day and when my mum took me shopping and offered me cream cakes and allsorts!!

woohoo!

Originally Posted by semantje /img/forum/go_quote.gif i just ordered carmens electra's aerobic striptease and fit to strip. any revieuws on these? they sound like so much fun and its good for you! I don't have that set but the older one... Is this one new?Anyway, it was fun! Kinda hard a first but fun
smile.gif

Netflix has them if anyone just wants to try them out!

HAVE FUN!

Originally Posted by semantje /img/forum/go_quote.gif i just ordered carmens electra's aerobic striptease and fit to strip. any revieuws on these? they sound like so much fun and its good for you!

Learn to strip while you work out! Carmen Electra leads a fun, flirty workout that will make you feel sexy while you work up a sweat. Carmen brings together hot moves from dance and fitness in a low-intensity workout that will work your abdomen, thighs, butt, and hips. Working with the best choreographers around, Carmen brings the art of the striptease into your living room. As volume one of Carmen's series, AEROBIC STRIPTEASE teaches basic striptease technique, introducing you to the program with a full warm-up and three cardio dance routines.

if you know any other good work out dvd's please let me know

hey sem... I have the entire dvd set! I got it about 4 years ago when they first came out. I absolutely love them. They are no joke though. Especially the second dvd. It is a great workout. I used to do it with my college roommates and by the end of it only one of them would still be doing it with me. You will definitely feel that work out! This was my first step.
My second step to getting fit was doing an entire overhaul to my diet. Even until today I do little things to help me stay in shape. I found that doing little by little was easier for me to change my ways. I work for a marketing company who is presently promoting Snapple Antioxidant Waters. Recently I have tried drinking them instead of soda. I have to admit, I actually enjoy them more than what i used to drink. They are light and fruit and not too overpowering! let me know if this helps you out!

Wow, this is the first time I have read this thread. I've been dieting for the past few months, and I am slowly starting to lose weight. I am scared to get on the scale though! The past few weeks I have been really cracking down though. I have been running after work, and trying to watch what I eat. I feel better, but still need that encouragement!!

I saw a chef on FIT TV use ground up pork rinds as breading for chicken (or pork or fish) instead of breadcrumbs. pork rinds are protein, no carbs. I googled it and there are raves for it as breading so I bought 2 bags and am anxious to give it a try!

Back