Another alternative to getting the rest of the UDPP out...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, we already have a thread here on how you can take the insert out to get more product when it seems you're out.

Alas, I came across something else too! Interesting find! Debating on trying this or taking out the insert first, and then trying this.

Quote:
Now I know I'm a newbie and just learning some things but pleeeease tell me yall knew about this!
DSC03022.jpg

We all know Urban Decay's Primer Potion, right (did you guess right?)? It is one of my HG and most beloved products. Even if I use a Paint Pot, Paint, concealer or even a Shadestick, I still start with UDPP. We all know that it is also a bit pricey and the shape of the bottle is just.....beyond frustrating. The wand can only go straight down into the tube. Never mind the sides. However, my friend showed me how we can get more product by cutting the tube in half. Now when she told and SHOWED me this I was thinking, "Ehhh....okay, a bit more would be nice." A "bit" is an understatement. Chopping your UDPP in half will give you about 2-3 more months worth of product. Don't believe me? Lemme show you!

What you'll need:

UDPP (of course)

A pretty big knife

A not so big knife

Something to put UDPP in. I was going to use an depotted MAC pot but duhhh, it has holes so I settled for a random empty jar thingie. Sample pigment jars would be perfect though.

DSC03017.jpg

[sTEP 1]

Start by cutting a knife straight through your UDPP. It may take some time. Make sure you use a cutting board. Forgot to take a pic of this. Sorrryyy..

[sTEP 2]

Pull apart your UDPP and get angry at how Urban Decay has been ripping us off.

DSC03025.jpg

[sTEP 3]

Scoop what you can OUT and place in your new jar. Hmmm, ice cream.

DSC03026.jpg

[sTEP 4]

But ohhh chile, you ain't done yet. Start slicing the base of the packaging too.

DSC03028.jpg

[sTEP 5]

Scoop like hell and place everything in your new jar.

DSC03031.jpg

Can you believe this? Look how much of the product was still stuck inside of there. This took me all of 5 minutes to do. I say we all start emailing Urban Decay and suggest they find some new packaging for UDPP because this here don't make no damn sense. What do you think?

Random post, I know. But in the midst of packing, I got into a depotting mode and then UDPP scooping mode and decided to share with my blog fam. Have a fab weekend, yall!

Peace and fists to Urban Decay!

SOURCE

I'm in a chop chop mood, hehe. I think I will take my older UDPP container and chop it. I know that little bugger is hiding plenty more product. I just have to find a sharp knife. I will post my results when I'm done. *Running off to fetch butcher knife*

OMG I can't believe how much is left!

I was going to just take out the insert, but now I'm gonna do that!!!!

Thanks

That is nuts that there is that much left in there. I pulled the insert out and have had lots more use but they really need to redesign the container.

wow crazy eh? I think I'd do the plunger thing first then cut open after that!!

if anyone does this, please let us know how it turns out!

Well there seemed to be nothing left in my UDPP, so I pulled out the insert. Theres tons left!! I want to get all my money's worth though, so when I find a container to transfer it to, I will.

I'll post pics too.

One question, does anyone know if this stuff dries out very fast if left in a jar like the one in these pics?? Of course it'll have a lid, but still.....

and I agree we should write to UD and ask about having the packaging changed.

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well there seemed to be nothing left in my UDPP, so I pulled out the insert. Theres tons left!! I want to get all my money's worth though, so when I find a container to transfer it to, I will. I'll post pics too.

One question, does anyone know if this stuff dries out very fast if left in a jar like the one in these pics?? Of course it'll have a lid, but still.....

and I agree we should write to UD and ask about having the packaging changed.

I have no idea if it'll dry out! I think the first potential "problem" I'd worry about it how many times I'd take out too much LOL! I would think as long as you keep the lid tight and only use a clean finger/cotton swab, you should be okay!

I did it! And I couldn't believe how much product was stuck to the sides like the pics Aquilah posted. Make sure you have a sharp knife because it isn't easy to slice through. I tried using a qtip to pull it out but too much of it was sticking to the cotton. Instead I used the wand from the UDPP. It's a bit messy but it works. I managed to almost fill an empty travel size jar that I bought from the dollar store. The jar is probably a 10 gram size. I kept the wand so I can dip it in the jar. UDPP really needs to change the packaging.

Seriously, people have to keep emailing this company to change their packaging. Pretty soon some 13 yr old (or someone) who doesn't know what they are doing is going to see this and start slicing the bottle along with their finger right off.

wow, they really been jipping you guys off! good post!!! i have not bought this proct but i will keep this in mind if i do
smile.gif

geez, guess I'll be doing this once I remove the insert. I would just move the product to a small clear pot now but I'm worried about it drying out.

I have an old tube that I removed the insert from AND cut open and I still have a good amount left. I don't use UDPP much anymore since I've started using Lumene, but if I run out of my Lumene, I can use up the rest of my UDPP.

holy freaking CRAP!! My family thought I was nuts when i had them start depotting things. Wait till i say "daddy can you saw open my UDPP?"

i just tried it with on of my glosses that appeared to be empty, nope, it has at least 10 more applications at the bottom, jeeez i think they do it on purpose and that stinks

thanks so much for posting this. i can't believe how much is left in there. i'm definitely emailing UD and telling them to change the damn packaging.

Wow...that's crazy how much is in there! I just took out the insert a few days ago since my UD was running low. Let's see if I'd have to result in cutting it open. lol, thanks for posting!

LOL wow im so glad I saw this first XD i was gonna buy udpp soon ahahaha now i can be better prepared.

Back