Another alternative to getting the rest of the UDPP out...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is great! I'm so glad I've found this tips before "finishing" my first UDPP, that way I won't waste any precious product!!

just when i thought it could only be empty... where's my knife ?
rotfl.gif

Thanks for the tip. I bet Urban Decay planned the packaging on purpose. I mean, they are not lying when they indicate that there is XX amount of product in the tube. It's just that you can't get to the part that's below the wand. And when you "think" it's empty, you have to buy another one. They sell more tubes that way.

Originally Posted by togal /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for the tip. I bet Urban Decay planned the packaging on purpose. I mean, they are not lying when they indicate that there is XX amount of product in the tube. It's just that you can't get to the part that's below the wand. And when you "think" it's empty, you have to buy another one. They sell more tubes that way.
Tehe, guys, calm down.
wink.gif
Now, it is a poor design, granted, but I highly doubt that UD is aware of the product waste. Despite what you all make think they are wasting more money by having people unknowingly throw out their product and buy a new one than someone actually sawing open the container. Think about it, it simply isn't a ploy. Some normal economics classes have taught me that the cost of PRODUCING a product far outweighs the profit. In fact, profit on a single item can be as low as $0.50 per item, and that's not counting fixed and variable costs. Meh, enough of the economics babble. My point simply is that it isn't efficient for UD to knowingly have their consumers waste that much product, because that much product costs a hefty chunk to make! They really couldn't be profiting on the poor packaging bit. Realistically, it's an ergonomically designed package to create aesthetic appeal.

Nonetheless, I find that most 'tubed' products leave substantial waste if you don't take out the insert or hack away at the tubing. Even in straight tubes that aren't ergonomically/biomorphically designed like the UDPP, you will find a crud load of product near the top where you cannot 'wiggle' the bottom of the wand. I say cut open your products, remove the inserts, and get everything out that you can.

Oooooh thats a good idea! I literally took the stopper out of the top of mine this morning, so this is really interesting me right now. Also about the lipgloss thing - thats why I much prefer the sqeezy tubes! When they get to the point of not being able to squeeze any more out, I simply snip the top off and use a brush ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It is poor planning for the packaging, but I acutally really like the design of the bottle - I think they are really pretty and that they shouldn't be changed. Not everyone is as bats about makeup as us, and we have found a couple of ways around the wastage. I like the shape, the colour and most importantly it looks all cute sat on my dressing table :)

xxx

wow, im shocked, i thought the inside was just a straight tube and all the rest was packaging, not that it was all full. Im going to go do that haha at Bejb101 i ALWAYS ask my dad to help me, now hes resally gonna think im crazy lol

i also think it would be more sanitary and faster in the pot, esp when i do peoples makeup

Wow! I have what I thought was an empty at home, I'm going to try this out. I'll post pics if there is any in there.

Sorry pic is so big, my "empty" UDPP!!!

37235-UDPP003.jpg

I filled up a whole little container, I couldn't believe it! I wouldn't bother with the base it was more trouble than what it was worth, hardly any down there.

I actually saw a youtube video on this, it was done by Dana Potter and shows how sooo much is left! I thought this was interesting! Thanks for the post.

I just tried it-- BIG THANK YOU for the hint! I took out the insert first which I'd suggest since it keeps your packaging in tact and you can still use the wand for application. But, after you've gotten all you can after taking out the insert, saw away! There was tons more product in the tube! Now a tube will last me twice as long! I can't live without this stuff so this totally made my day. Again, thanks for posting!!

Holy crap! I had a feeling I had more product in that thing... I'mma do that once I find a suitable container. Thanks for the post.

sorry i didnt see.

heres how much i got out of it. man this is gonna last me a couple of months since i only use it like once a week

NP! I'll have to look at the pic when I get home because the server you have it saved to is blocked here at work... This place is driving me mad! LOL!

wow this is great info. i am going to try to cut mine open. The only problem I have with mass mailing Urban Decay is that if they dochange their packaging they will either charge you more or give you less. So I have no probles cutting mine open to get more out
smile.gif

Back