Another alternative to getting the rest of the UDPP out...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I can say is OH MY GOD. This was a life-changing experience! hahahahah

For some reason I kept this bottle of UDPP even though it was "empty". I mean, I had already taken the inner cap, used as much as I could, then bought another one since I deemed my old one as "empty:. Don't ask me why, but I kept the "empty bottle".

Today I decided to cut my "empty bottle" in half.

WHOA!!!!

There was a TON of product in there!!!! I mean, enough to last me another 3 months at least! And that was my "empty" bottle!!!!! I am perplexed.

I love the tip, but hate that we have to do some heavy duty cutting to get to the product!!!!

Wow, I wonder how much is left in mine. When the wand seems to stop working, I'll cut mine open too so I can see how much is left. Beats going bangbangbang on the bathroom counter every morning trying to get the last bit out of the bottom.

when i did this a few months ago, i filled up a whole sample jar. and, i'm still using it up. although, i think i should chuck it because i think my udpp is old. its like 3 years and making my eyes feel dry and burnt.

Just want to say so sorry that I made another thread about this! I did a search, but didn't find anything. (Maybe b/c the title has UDPP, & I believe I just searched for Urban/Decay in titles.) I should have known that of course it would have been posted on here already!
lol.gif
Glad you all already know though.
smile.gif
I wonder if Urban Decay will ever change the packaging.

NP! It's to OUR benefit if they don't really... I mean, imagine how much they'd want to charge us if they figured it out! I mean, REALLY got it LOL!

^ Yeah! You're right about that. I think I'd rather have the same packaging in that case, just so the price would stay the same.
smile.gif

Ooh, now I have a project for tonight aside from doing laundry! My poor little unsuspecting UDPP tube!

Thanks for the idea.

For those who have already done the "surgery", what type of cutting instrument did you use? The plastic is pretty hard and I don't want to get any pieces of shavings into the UDPP.

Thanks for the post, Ill keep this in mind for when mine seems to run out. I have to get the stuff sent out from the US on ebay as no one I know of here in Sydney sells it. There is a make up store here in Hornsby (sydney suburb) who sells Urban Decay make up but they don't have the primer potion???

that's insane! I just bought it last month and it's a great product. This is awesome to know for the future...

Tehe' date=' guys, calm down.
wink.gif
Now, it is a poor design, granted, but I highly doubt that UD is aware of the product waste. Despite what you all make think they are wasting more money by having people unknowingly throw out their product and buy a new one than someone actually sawing open the container. Think about it, it simply isn't a ploy. Some normal economics classes have taught me that the cost of PRODUCING a product far outweighs the profit. In fact, profit on a single item can be as low as $0.50 per item, and that's not counting fixed and variable costs.
I must disagree. If what you say is true, that producing a product far outweighs the profit, companies would be bankrupt and have no reason to sell their product(s). After all, they aren't going to sell to the public out of the goodness of their heart. They sell for the bottom line.

It's no coincidence that they designed the packaging this way. They are *NOT* wasting more money by having people throw out their product and buy a new one-- they are making tons. If you throw out 1/4th of the product (and I have no idea how much is left compared to how much was used to begin with), however, everyone will be purchasing a new product 25% more often than necessary. Multiply that times the people using it and well, that's a hefty profit from mere "empty" bottles.

It's also no coincidence that companies such as Sony, Nintendo, etc. first come out with black and white consoles (as Nintendo did with the Gameboy years ago) and then "decide" to market a color version. Don't think for a moment they didn't have the technology to roll-out a color version in the beginning; they did. However, if you get a person hooked on a "basic" version of something (black and white Gameboy, for instance), how many of those people are going to want to upgrade and are WILLING to upgrade to the color version when the company rolls it out? MANY. They've just doubled their profits with that one move, than if they would have rolled the color version out to begin with.

Companies are in business to make money. They can say that the customer matters, etc. etc. And, to some degree that is true. However, when the customers' wants start materially affecting a company's bottom line, then the customer matters much, much less than their profit. After all, the companies' profits are what put the food on the table for the employees and put the Harry and Winston diamonds on the hands of the CEO's wives
smile.gif

I don't even use the product (buying some tomorrow, however) BUT I am definitely writing Urban Decay to express my disappointment in their marketing ploys and presuming customers are just plain dumb.

Warmly,

beaglette

That's bonkers! I've got an UDPP that seems to be running low, but before I throw it away I'm definitely chopping that sucker open.

Good post! I am sort of not surprised that there is so much product left, I find that happened a lot to wand applicator. Now I need to find a big sharp knife to do the job while keeping all my fingers.

If you use lotion in a tube, when it's "gone" you can also cut the tube open and scrape everything out... just put it in a jar and it shouldn't dry up the product.

I always take the plastic stopper out which lets me get more product out. Once I start running out after taking the stopper out is when I cut it open and put the rest in a small jar.

i just did it and oh my gosh ! after something like two years and still the same first UDPP i bought, and i had enough to fill a sample pot from Sephora ! this will last me a long time for sure before i need to buy another UDPP. i kept the wand, i like it to apply the product ^^

?I use Loreal HIP Primer Potion...even though the tube it round i wonder.. if it is the same case with this.. i must try.... sometime soon.. hmmmm.......

Back