Sign in to follow this  
newyorlatin

Earthen Glow Minerals Foundation Review

Originally Posted by simisimi100 View Post
this site is slow or what?? I'm trying to place an order almost an 2 hours and I can't finish!

help please!

The site is so pretty and organized but SO slow. I swear a God it's been 10 days that I am working on placing my order. It's so slow first to select foundation, than to pick the size, then the rest. Couple of times I tried to place an ordered, and by the time I figure out what I want what I already placed in the cart was long gone (don't think about taking toilet break, when you come back your cart will be empty). Finally what I did last night, I searched thorough web site writing down in word document product names that I wanted to sample, and then I just entered the names from my list. All this took me 2 HOURS. Whatever web server they use it is just plain awful. Overall site look is nice but speed is like internet in 1989 (when it first came up). Now I just have to wait to get my samples. I hope that will be faster then their web site. Good luck to you Sim!

Tijana

Hi Tijana!

OMG! I thought its only my computer!!! LOL smile.gif

I think I will go to a faster computer. tomorrow!

all my order was deleted! I think I want to cry!

Hi Tijana!

Hi Sim

It's not computer it's the web server they use for there web site. It's EGMinerlas web site technical problem. I hope they noticed that and they will fix it, because I was ready not to order from them after so many failed attempts.

I have used their two toned clay soap and toner and moisturizer/serum for oily and acne skin and I love this stuff. The clay soap is like a mud mask but in a bar. I will say that the moisturizer/serum stuff is definitely more for people with oily skin who also are fighting acne but it's great stuff.

Hi Tijana!

The site was super slow!!!! It's fast now. I guess they fixed whatever was wrong.

yesterday I tried to contact in email with the CS and no answer.

I think there is a problem. I try to find the "contact us" in the site and I didn't find it.

do you think there is a problem?

because the answer pretty fast.. and now I can't send email because its said "eror" and no contact thrugh the site.

any suggestions?

Originally Posted by newyorlatin View Post
I have used their two toned clay soap and toner and moisturizer/serum for oily and acne skin and I love this stuff. The clay soap is like a mud mask but in a bar. I will say that the moisturizer/serum stuff is definitely more for people with oily skin who also are fighting acne but it's great stuff.

The site was super slow!!!! It's fast now. I guess they fixed whatever was wrong.

Hi carly,

I received my package..wow very impressive, I got 5 samples free...ooooo. The clay soap is so huge...phew. I tried one shade today and it made me very greasy..not sure if its the moisturiser. Im going to be on my testing spree from today.

Just one question carly..the clay soap has two sides..how do i use it. I just cut abit of the soap, dun wanna waste it. this soap will last me for a year i tink..lols..its that huge, worth the money.

thanks carly.

Thanks Carly for this review. I have ordered from this company 4 times already and can't say enough about how excellent the foundations, eye shadows, and finishing powders are. I also ordered some bath and body and skin care over the weekend but haven't gotten it yet. I love this company makeup, prices, and the customer service is so helpful. She worked with me until we found my perfect foundation in Cover Me and now that is my favorite foundation (not sure cause I love Youthful Glow too so much)

Hi Emmy, what foundation did you try? I missed that soap and just placed an order. I'm going to contact and see if they will add it to my order. Thanks for the review.

Originally Posted by Joliefilleici View Post
Thanks Carly for this review. I have ordered from this company 4 times already and can't say enough about how excellent the foundations, eye shadows, and finishing powders are. I also ordered some bath and body and skin care over the weekend but haven't gotten it yet. I love this company makeup, prices, and the customer service is so helpful. She worked with me until we found my perfect foundation in Cover Me and now that is my favorite foundation (not sure cause I love Youthful Glow too so much)

Hi Emmy, what foundation did you try? I missed that soap and just placed an order. I'm going to contact and see if they will add it to my order. Thanks for the review.

Hi jolie,

Great!!!!!!

I tried doris in rice formula...made me look greasy aft a while. Today I tried shannon in youthful glow...not bad though...need to try more to really like it. good luck gal.

Yes, they ship to Canada. I just put in my order yesterday and I paid $2.50 for shipping (orders under $31).

Just one question carly..the clay soap has two sides..how do i use it. I just cut abit of the soap, dun wanna waste it. this soap will last me for a year i tink..lols..its that huge, worth the money.

I cut the bar in half Emmy, cause you're right it's huge. The orange side I use as a mask type of treatment about 3 times a day. I apply it on wet face and allow to sit for 15 minutes then rinse well. that side has the moroccan clay and rhassoul clay. The other side (green) I use everyday to wash my face night and moirning, it has green clay and bentonite clay. Both sides have Essential oils but I'm not sure which on which sied.

I cut the bar in half Emmy, cause you're right it's huge. The orange side I use as a mask type of treatment about 3 times a day. I apply it on wet face and allow to sit for 15 minutes then rinse well. that side has the moroccan clay and rhassoul clay. The other side (green) I use everyday to wash my face night and moirning, it has green clay and bentonite clay. Both sides have Essential oils but I'm not sure which on which sied.

Hi carly,,

how are you doing?

Thanks for the reply.

Hi Emmy, I'm great!!! How are you? I just shared a piece of that soap with one of my husband's cousins last night. She fell in love with it. That bar is huge.

Hi Emmy, I'm great!!! How are you? I just shared a piece of that soap with one of my husband's cousins last night. She fell in love with it. That bar is huge.
Hi carly, im fine too, thank you. Wow thats great. Actually what did you see in that soap. I am using it but I dun see anything different in it or I dun see any changes in my face. Does it help to clear marks on my face. Now my cheeks are scarred with pimples marks aft going for facial where they squeeze all the pimples..I used to have a clear face and now my frens are asking what happend to my face..its all because of the breakouts that i had. What do you think i shld do to get rid of the marks on my face esp around my cheek area.

Thanks dear.

Hi emmy, when u go for facial, they will squeeze the pimple until have scar.I think you should go to skin doctor & chk.I use to have lots of pimples also, but after I went to my skin doc, been ok until nw.

Originally Posted by emmy2410 View Post
Hi carly, im fine too, thank you. Wow thats great. Actually what did you see in that soap. I am using it but I dun see anything different in it or I dun see any changes in my face. Does it help to clear marks on my face. Now my cheeks are scarred with pimples marks aft going for facial where they squeeze all the pimples..I used to have a clear face and now my frens are asking what happend to my face..its all because of the breakouts that i had. What do you think i shld do to get rid of the marks on my face esp around my cheek area.

Thanks dear.

Originally Posted by emmy2410 View Post

Thanks dear.

Emmy,

I finally got around to looking more at the EG minerals site. WOW, there are A LOT of products on that site! - I think I could look at it for quite a while and still not see everything. I saw they have face primer, eye primer, and setting spray at very reasonable prices. I haven't looked much at the makeup yet!

Anyway, in my browsing I saw that they have something called Bright and Even cream that says it fades acne scars. I was looking at it because I have uneven skin tone (lots of redness which I think is probably from too much sun!) so I was wondering if that cream would help the redness any.

I have the Rhassoul soap from EGM and it's for deep cleansing. I don't think it will do anything for clearing red marks or fading them. I could be wrong but maybe if you email them. I think it's just for deep cleansing and fighting oily/acne skin.

My only "little" complaint about the EG minerals website so far is that some of the pages take a long time to load, and it seems like my cart empties quickly. I will be trying to fill my cart and get interrupted by child or pets smile.gif and then when I try to go back my cart has already emptied itself. That's happened to me a couple times now.

I finally got a chance to look at the foundations though. The descriptions are easier to choose from than what I expected. I also see that the Cover Me (heavy coverage) has NO zinc oxide, making it pretty much a must-try thing for me.

I hope I can get my cart filled and checked out one of these days. smile.gif

That happened to me and I hit the back button on my browser and it actually had my cart saved! I agree that at one time that site was so slow but lately it's been fine for me.

after reading your reviews i feel really tempted to try this biggrin.gif

i think i might choose Youthful Glow cause i prefer natural look

just wonder how is its staying power?

i have combi-oily skin and most mineral fdts i've tried didn't last long on my face frown.gif

oh and i'm golden light-medium skin toned so do you know which shade will be mine?

TIA smile.gif

Hi feu d ciel, I think that Michico or Rebecca would be great for you but I'd email them and ask.
Would you say that their foundation colors cross over formulas the same? Is your color in mineral form the same as their liquid form?

I am itching to try these guys but really need to wait, I just spent $40 on Lauress! lol