Earthen Glow Minerals Foundation Review

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Emmy, I'm great!!! How are you? I just shared a piece of that soap with one of my husband's cousins last night. She fell in love with it. That bar is huge.

Originally Posted by newyorlatin /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi Emmy, I'm great!!! How are you? I just shared a piece of that soap with one of my husband's cousins last night. She fell in love with it. That bar is huge. Hi carly, im fine too, thank you. Wow thats great. Actually what did you see in that soap. I am using it but I dun see anything different in it or I dun see any changes in my face. Does it help to clear marks on my face. Now my cheeks are scarred with pimples marks aft going for facial where they squeeze all the pimples..I used to have a clear face and now my frens are asking what happend to my face..its all because of the breakouts that i had. What do you think i shld do to get rid of the marks on my face esp around my cheek area.Thanks dear.

Hi emmy, when u go for facial, they will squeeze the pimple until have scar.I think you should go to skin doctor & chk.I use to have lots of pimples also, but after I went to my skin doc, been ok until nw.

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi carly, im fine too, thank you. Wow thats great. Actually what did you see in that soap. I am using it but I dun see anything different in it or I dun see any changes in my face. Does it help to clear marks on my face. Now my cheeks are scarred with pimples marks aft going for facial where they squeeze all the pimples..I used to have a clear face and now my frens are asking what happend to my face..its all because of the breakouts that i had. What do you think i shld do to get rid of the marks on my face esp around my cheek area.Thanks dear.

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi carly, im fine too, thank you. Wow thats great. Actually what did you see in that soap. I am using it but I dun see anything different in it or I dun see any changes in my face. Does it help to clear marks on my face. Now my cheeks are scarred with pimples marks aft going for facial where they squeeze all the pimples..I used to have a clear face and now my frens are asking what happend to my face..its all because of the breakouts that i had. What do you think i shld do to get rid of the marks on my face esp around my cheek area.Thanks dear.

Emmy,I finally got around to looking more at the EG minerals site. WOW, there are A LOT of products on that site! - I think I could look at it for quite a while and still not see everything. I saw they have face primer, eye primer, and setting spray at very reasonable prices. I haven't looked much at the makeup yet!

Anyway, in my browsing I saw that they have something called Bright and Even cream that says it fades acne scars. I was looking at it because I have uneven skin tone (lots of redness which I think is probably from too much sun!) so I was wondering if that cream would help the redness any.

I have the Rhassoul soap from EGM and it's for deep cleansing. I don't think it will do anything for clearing red marks or fading them. I could be wrong but maybe if you email them. I think it's just for deep cleansing and fighting oily/acne skin.

My only "little" complaint about the EG minerals website so far is that some of the pages take a long time to load, and it seems like my cart empties quickly. I will be trying to fill my cart and get interrupted by child or pets
smile.gif
and then when I try to go back my cart has already emptied itself. That's happened to me a couple times now.

I finally got a chance to look at the foundations though. The descriptions are easier to choose from than what I expected. I also see that the Cover Me (heavy coverage) has NO zinc oxide, making it pretty much a must-try thing for me.

I hope I can get my cart filled and checked out one of these days.
smile.gif

That happened to me and I hit the back button on my browser and it actually had my cart saved! I agree that at one time that site was so slow but lately it's been fine for me.

after reading your reviews i feel really tempted to try this
biggrin.gif

i think i might choose Youthful Glow cause i prefer natural look

just wonder how is its staying power?

i have combi-oily skin and most mineral fdts i've tried didn't last long on my face
frown.gif

oh and i'm golden light-medium skin toned so do you know which shade will be mine?

TIA
smile.gif

Hi feu d ciel, I think that Michico or Rebecca would be great for you but I'd email them and ask.

Originally Posted by newyorlatin /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi feu d ciel, I think that Michico or Rebecca would be great for you but I'd email them and ask. Would you say that their foundation colors cross over formulas the same? Is your color in mineral form the same as their liquid form?
I am itching to try these guys but really need to wait, I just spent $40 on Lauress! lol

Originally Posted by carmonious /img/forum/go_quote.gif Emmy,I finally got around to looking more at the EG minerals site. WOW, there are A LOT of products on that site! - I think I could look at it for quite a while and still not see everything. I saw they have face primer, eye primer, and setting spray at very reasonable prices. I haven't looked much at the makeup yet!

Anyway, in my browsing I saw that they have something called Bright and Even cream that says it fades acne scars. I was looking at it because I have uneven skin tone (lots of redness which I think is probably from too much sun!) so I was wondering if that cream would help the redness any.

Hey carmon....
its true that web page has alot of stuff to look at. I will take a look at the cream you were mentioning abt. You may want to email them and check abt this cream with regards to ur redness.

thks for your reply gal..appreciate it.

Oh jeez. Never mind that question abotu the names staying the same cross formula because I just browsed a bit to see what colors may work and they all have different names!! Whoops.

Shadowmere you should just email them and they'll answer your foundation question. They sent me free found. a 2nd time which is how I got my perfect color. They say they do that with everyone.

Originally Posted by HollyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif Shadowmere you should just email them and they'll answer your foundation question. They sent me free found. a 2nd time which is how I got my perfect color. They say they do that with everyone. That's most likely what I'll do because looking at the site, the way the colors are shown flat makes it hard for me to really get a good idea compared to companies I've already tried. Thanks!!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by newyorlatin /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi feu d ciel, I think that Michico or Rebecca would be great for you but I'd email them and ask. hi, thanks for ur suggestion
smile.gif
i'm still wondering about Youthful Glow's staying power, dont know what to choose between YG & Cover Me

I got all 3 foundations.

Youthful Glow - medium coverage with a light glow finish. Because of the light creamy airy texture you can easily build this foundation to as heavy as needed without it ever looking cakey. Applies beautifully wet

Cover Me- medium to heavy coverage with a soft matte finish. Can be applied wet and used as concealer but with 2 applications of this no concealer is needed

Liquid foundation - Finally a nice healthy mineral foundation that covers and lasts all day. Matte finish an medium coverage.

I took the plunge and ordered some foundation samples. My goodness, this stuff looks flawless on the skin. I've been wearing the Youthful Glow for two days now. If my skin still likes it in a week I'll get a a full size
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ashariel /img/forum/go_quote.gif I took the plunge and ordered some foundation samples. My goodness, this stuff looks flawless on the skin. I've been wearing the Youthful Glow for two days now. If my skin still likes it in a week I'll get a a full size
smile.gif
All these raves make my shopping fingers very itchy!! I'm very tempted but the website holds me back, I just don't care for using it. I don't like how they display colors, in that flat bubble like.
I'm sure their marketing is trying to be "modern" with all the black and gold, but I just squinch my nose when I try to find stuff on their site. Maybe I'll get over it one day.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Shadomere /img/forum/go_quote.gif All these raves make my shopping fingers very itchy!! I'm very tempted but the website holds me back, I just don't care for using it. I don't like how they display colors, in that flat bubble like.
I'm sure their marketing is trying to be "modern" with all the black and gold, but I just squinch my nose when I try to find stuff on their site. Maybe I'll get over it one day.
biggrin.gif

I don't care for the website either. I'm spoiled by Lauress' website and others like it. But dang it if this stuff isn't great.
smile.gif

for those who have tried EG minerals - what are the sizes of the traditional body scrub and body butter duos? Are those 8 oz jars? The photos look like it but I can't find anywhere on the site where it gives the size. I have been buying body scrubs and body butter from Lure Beauty but if EG's are 8 oz jars theirs are a much better price, esp with the discount.

And the full size foundation says 30 gm jar - how much foundation is that?

Are all their lip balms very moisturizing for dry chapped lips during the winter? or is there one formula you would recommend for this over others?

Back