Sign in to follow this  
Johnnie

Vegan Lifestyle

^Thank you so much for the post!

I haven't read that book yet but if they've suggested as you said, different ways to make a meatless meat burger than eehhhh no, not interested thanks. LOL. I'll be sure to not purchase that book.

I get most of my recipes online. Many I simply vegan-ize because it's not that hard.

I'll never understand why they use ingredients like that either. There are plenty of great vegan products that are just as good. I haven't used blacktrack yet but that's good it's vegan?

Just had to add yet another eye popping, tear jerking, hearth aching, will make you rage video *sigh*

Meat.org | The Website the Meat Industry Doesn't Want You to See (WARNING GRAPHIC)

Wow, thanxs for your post Johnnie! Im not vegan because I love dairy, but I actually have decided to go vegetarian (today marks one week!). I have gone without meat before and did it for about 2 months...then starting back eating meat..now I am back to doing without. I mainly made the decision to go without eating meat for personal reasons.

I mean there are so many benefits you receive along with cutting out meat of your diet. The transition for me wasn't hard and I still cook non vegetarian meals for my family. So, it works well with me and for me. Not everyone can do it..I will say that.

I absolutely looove the way I feel without eating meat...I am already starting to see results with my weight and my skin is much clearer too!

I do remember watching a vid on peta and it brought me to tears..literally and know that eventually I with go vegan but for now I am sticking to doing just without meat.

Congrats everyone who has made the decision to go vegan/vegetarian! Love the support you guys are giving too.

Chelle

BeautifullyMADE - WOOOO on your decision to go veg! Going veg was the best thing I ever did in my life.

Originally Posted by BeautifullyMADE View Post
Wow, thanxs for your post Johnnie! Im not vegan because I love dairy, but I actually have decided to go vegetarian (today marks one week!). I have gone without meat before and did it for about 2 months...then starting back eating meat..now I am back to doing without. I mainly made the decision to go without eating meat for personal reasons.

I mean there are so many benefits you receive along with cutting out meat of your diet. The transition for me wasn't hard and I still cook non vegetarian meals for my family. So, it works well with me and for me. Not everyone can do it..I will say that.

I absolutely looove the way I feel without eating meat...I am already starting to see results with my weight and my skin is much clearer too!

I do remember watching a vid on peta and it brought me to tears..literally and know that eventually I with go vegan but for now I am sticking to doing just without meat.

Congrats everyone who has made the decision to go vegan/vegetarian! Love the support you guys are giving too.

Chelle

That's so great to hear!! *high five*

I can't rave enough about how good my skin looks being vegan either. It makes such a huge difference. I was always puffy and almost looked like my face was bloated but now it's...well....it's not that way. Kind of like more defined and younger. LOL Hard to explain icon_cheesygrin.gif Plus, I don't break out as badly as I used to either.

Honestly, I'm glad to know your goal is to go vegan. Hey, let us know when you do make that leap and how it's working out for you, ok? smile.gif

*hugs*

Johnnie, it's interesting you say your skin cleared up, because I used to get big patches of eczema on the back of my neck and I find since I gave up the dairy that I don't get them any more!

Originally Posted by SalJ View Post
Johnnie, it's interesting you say your skin cleared up, because I used to get big patches of eczema on the back of my neck and I find since I gave up the dairy that I don't get them any more!
Wow, it cleared your eczema? Maybe it was an allergic reaction rather than eczema? Either way that is great!

No it was definitely eczema. But they do say that dairy can cause / aggravate eczema.

Here's a great recipe! They're addicting and very good! Enjoy!

1 bunch kale

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided

1 tablespoon sherry vinegar

1 pinch sea salt, to taste

Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).

Cut away inner ribs from each kale leaf and discard; tear the leaves into pieces of uniform size. (I made my pieces about the size of a small potato chip.) Wash torn kale pieces and spin dry in a salad spinner or dry with paper towels until they're very dry.

Put the kale pieces into a large resealable bag (or use a bowl if you don't mind getting your hands oily). Add about half the olive oil; seal and squeeze the bag so the oil gets distributed evenly on the kale pieces. Add the remaining oil and squeeze the bag more, until all kale pieces are evenly coated with oil and slightly 'massaged.' Sprinkle the vinegar over the kale leaves, reseal the bag, and shake to spread the vinegar evenly over the leaves. Spread the leaves evenly onto a baking sheet.

Roast in the preheated oven until mostly crisp, about 35 minutes. Season with salt and serve immediately.