Do you Vaccinate your children?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know a huge variety of pple with different thoughts some do as dr's say & do the newborn to 3 yr old shots & so on for school

Than theres the others who dont do shots for fear of Autism or what not?

When my brother was younger he was healthy & afer his 2 yr old shots he started to have seizures (eyes rolling foaming at the mouth etc) so my mom mstopped after that there was alot of debate over her actions & im sure others have had their share of Great & bad situations with vaccines ..........So what experiences have you MUT parents had & please list your reasons for choosing the way you do!!!
smile.gif

I'm absolutely going to vaccinate my kids. Why expose them to things that are preventable. Modern Medicine is only going forward and with the way the drug association is I doubt that they would expose us to something that was outwardly dangerous.

I agree. Why expose them to those that may possibly kill them?! They have actually retracted that suggestion that it is linked with autism. There is no link between vaccines and autism. Vaccines are not just to prevent pock marks on your loved ones faces or that they become itchy or have swollen glands, the vaccines are to prevent child mortality. Many kids used to die from these diseases.

Of course, the retraction is not as loud as when they first made that 'discovery'. Here's the article from Feb 2, 2010

CBC News - Health - Autism-vaccine study retracted

Originally Posted by Imprintwilight /img/forum/go_quote.gif Parents just want something to blame a childs sickness on. Vaccines are a good scapegoat Oh don't even get me started with this comment!

I choose not to vaccinate. I'll leave it at that ;^)

I always hate putting my kids through the shots, but I do believe in vaccinating. At least for the major vaccinations (i.e. measles, mumps, rubella). I don't think that we need to get carried away and vaccinate for everything under the sun though.

I agree with Johnnie with this one. I saw what they did to my younger sister. We just about lost her, and after that my mom told them no more. We had to always petition the schools that she wasn't vaccinated, but she just fine now. Healthy at 22.

There is absolutely no link between autism and vaccines.

I love my child and would never do anything to hurt him. So why would I expose him to diseases by not vaccinating him?

Also, I believe that many school districts will not let children attend school unless they are completely vaccinated - I don't intend to deny my son a proper education either.

I didn't vote because we were on a regular vaccination schedule with my son when I read Dr. Sears Vaccination Book and we stopped, he was 10 months old. We will continue with the vaccinations that are most important when he is older. I got the book because I really felt like the vaccines affected my son negatively and after his last set I was very worried about his behavior, which is why I started looking into the subject. I will follow Dr. Sears selective vaccination schedule for subsequent children, I really think that clustering vaccinations is terrible and not all vaccines are necessary.

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif There is absolutely no link between autism and vaccines.I love my child and would never do anything to hurt him. So why would I expose him to diseases by not vaccinating him?

Also, I believe that many school districts will not let children attend school unless they are completely vaccinated - I don't intend to deny my son a proper education either.

In most states you can claim religious/moral reasons for not getting vaccines and gain exemption. That may disturb you if you're sending your child to school with unvaccinated children but I'm not vaccinating mine if it's to his detriment and I support anyone's right to do the same. The aluminum in vaccines is disturbing and I hope the CDC is working on reformulating with safer ingredients and preservatives.

Originally Posted by Audrey2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif In most states you can claim religious/moral reasons for not getting vaccines and gain exemption. That may disturb you if you're sending your child to school with unvaccinated children but I'm not vaccinating mine if it's to his detriment and I support anyone's right to do the same. The aluminum in vaccines is disturbing and I hope the CDC is working on reformulating with safer ingredients and preservatives. Vaccination and education may be regional issues - my understanding is that Canadian children in must be vaccinated properly and in a timely fashion, in order to attend school. Not all vaccinations are compulsary but many are.

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif Vaccination and education may be regional issues - my understanding is that Canadian children in must be vaccinated properly and in a timely fashion, in order to attend school. Not all vaccinations are compulsary but many are. I think pretty much all vaccinations that they are scheduled to have is compulsory. However, the timely issue is not strict as children who were not born in Canada would not have the same vaccination schedule. They will have to provide proof that the vaccinations are all done adequately before or when the child enters kindergarten. They won't deny them registration because its just not the Canadian way but the health nurse will phone you alot to remind you. I'm not sure what happens if you flatout refuse.

In Maryland the following vaccines are required in order to enroll:

Maryland State immunization regulations require all students to have completed their immunizations in order to attend school. Proof of the completed immunization series must be provided before the first day of school. Required shots include:

* 4 DTP

* 3 polio

* 2 measles

* 1 mumps

* 1 rubella

* 3 hepatitis B

* 1 varicella (chicken pox)

Several of these vaccines have been available for generations. I had seen documentaries of the effects of polio and it is my understanding that the disease once though eradicated is making a bit of a comeback. I would not want to see a child today get polio for any reason, but especially if a parent thinks they are potentially doing their child harm. If you weigh the probabilities of complications that a vaccination might cause against what damage the disease could cause there is absolutely no comparison.

I googled this question and found a bunch of accounts from health organizations trying to dispel this bit of common misinformation. On the flip side the claims that these vaccines are dangerous are very anecdotal and not scientifically documented.

My uncle had polio. Its not easy when the parents make the decision and the child has to suffer from that misinformed decision.

^Maryland allows the religious exemption:

School Immunization Exemption State Laws

Injected aluminum = not good:

AskDrSears - Updates for The Vaccine Book

And this doesn't even get into a bunch of other junk (like formaldehyde) that is still put in vaccines.

The bottom line is there needs to be more studies done by many different scientists on vaccinated infants. Of course diseases are bad and of course I don't want anyone contracting a virus or disease. My problem is that it seems like the CDC is so busy promoting literature that says vaccines have no link to autism and the ingredients are safe, rather than working on an ingredient list that accomplishes the performance they need without subjecting children to harmful chemicals and known toxins. And just because a link between vaccines and autism is inconclusive doesn't mean there is no link, just that scientists haven't found one.

Also, it is easy to find nice, polished government websites that have the "official" word on the matter, while team "green vaccines" is mom and pop, nothing but hearsay - just a bunch of parents who know their children and noticed differences in their child's behavior after vaccinations. In reality neither side has conclusive evidence.

Originally Posted by Audrey2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif And just because a link between vaccines and autism is inconclusive doesn't mean there is no link, just that scientists haven't found one.

I would fully acknowledge that there may be a small statistically connection between autism and vaccinations, and i agree scientists don't know conclusively that this link doesn't exist. and I fully agree that more work should be done studying this issue, sadly the manufacturers of the vaccine have no vested interest in doing this.
But you're missing my point, to not vaccinate creates inherent risks with the child that I believe are much greater than the possibility of autism. It is a tradeoff to be sure and based on that analysis of the statistics the prudent action is to vaccinate.

Originally Posted by Darla /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would fully acknowledge that there may be a small statistically connection between autism and vaccinations, and i agree scientists don't know conclusively that this link doesn't exist. and I fully agree that more work should be done studying this issue, sadly the manufacturers of the vaccine have no vested interest in doing this.
But you're missing my point, to not vaccinate creates inherent risks with the child that I believe are much greater than the possibility of autism. It is a tradeoff to be sure and based on that analysis of the statistics the prudent action is to vaccinate.

Sometimes you can't make people understand your point no matter how logical it is. These are the exceptions to the rule and the 1%of the 100%. Hopefully, nothing bad will happen as a result of their decision not to vaccinate. Maybe they want to live thru their kids going thru their chilldhood diseases like chicken pox where they get pox inside their mouths and on their eyelids and diaper areas and the scarring or polio where the muscles on their limbs degenerate, or scarlet fever or german measles or hepatitis b which attacks the liver...all for a thought that their may be a link between the vaccine and autism which was retracted.
They are actually studying a link between the testosterone levels in the mother during pregnancy. This makes more sense.

I will definitely be using a modified schedule to vaccinate my future children. According to the Center of Disease Control by the time a child is one years old they should have approximately 19 vaccines! 19!

I know as an adult how my body feels after I have one vaccine. I've sworn off getting a flu shot for myself because of how horrible and sick I get after wards and how my arm is numb for weeks afterwards.

I can't imagine what's going on inside an infants body as it gets injected with multiple vaccinations all at once.

There are studies that show a link between autism and schizophrenia.

Schizophrenia is not a virus nor is it found in vaccinations.

Back