Do you Vaccinate your children?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already vaccinate my little child, I know of cases of children that have been affected by some viruses with permanent effects, and could be avoided with a vaccine.

Super compelling video Johnnie, I encourage everyone in on this debate to watch it.

As the video states, thimerosal is actually ethylmecury - not the stuff of thermometers. It is much more toxic than mercury; a scientist that got 2 drops on her gloved hand died from the poisoning. They address the write off of "trace amounts" of thimerosal - a single vaccine containing a trace amount exceeds the FDA approved "safe" amount for infants, not to mention vaccines are usually given in clusters.

They also stress autism as an epidemic. When I think about the lottery I won in getting my sweet son it makes me so sad to think he could have been different - removed, without speech, even aggressive. My heart goes out to parents of autistic children and to the people who are trying to provoke change in a system that is failing at prevention (and possibly encouraging the epidemic).

just a thought: whenever a disease rises in incidence it also has be taken into consideration that the disease might just be diagnosed more often due to doctors being more informed and actually MAKING the diagnosis. Or the guidelines that need to be met to be diagnosed might have been changed over the years. Did that make sense?

Good examples: ADD, OCD etc. Years ago people probably didn´t even know much about these conditions, and know they´re "everywhere"

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif just a thought: whenever a disease rises in incidence it also has be taken into consideration that the disease might just be diagnosed more often due to doctors being more informed and actually MAKING the diagnosis. Or the guidelines that need to be met to be diagnosed might have been changed over the years. Did that make sense?
Good examples: ADD, OCD etc. Years ago people probably didn´t even know much about these conditions, and know they´re "everywhere"

Totally agree and i believe Carolyn mentioned that point as well. So that's why I really take it with a grain of salt when someone claims we have an epidemic going on. We very well might had a similar number of cases all along, its just that they are better identified now.

Andi, you point definitely makes sense, I just don't agree with it. While there are cases of autistic adults the majority of cases are under age 18.

DAVID KIRBY: IF AUTISM HAS ALWAYS BEEN WITH US... - AGE OF AUTISM

California's Autism Increase Not Due To Better Counting, Diagnosis

Far too many new cases to wave away autism as an age old condition that just wasn't diagnosed before. The second article links the cause to chemicals (mercury compounds among them). It makes an interesting point that most research money goes toward looking for genetic links to autism and there is great need for environmental factors to have as much focus in research.

There are twice as many articles about the increase of autism being attributed to increased awareness/diagnosis but Big Medicine and BIG Money are throwing all their weight behind this theory. Of course it's in their best interests to say autism and ADHD have always been around, it's no one's fault that way and no one has to do anything about it. What is popular is not always right...

This is from autismspeaks.org: "Today, it is estimated that one in every 110 children is diagnosed with autism, making it more common than childhood cancer, juvenile diabetes and pediatric AIDS combined. An estimated 1.5 million individuals in the U.S. and tens of millions worldwide are affected by autism. Government statistics suggest the prevalence rate of autism is increasing 10-17 percent annually." Any issue can be framed so that it benefits one viewpoint over another, but I feel like saying autism is not an epidemic is discounting to the millions of families affected by it.

I realize I'm not going to convince anyone of my point of view that has already made their decision on this subject; just as my mind is made up. So while the back and forth might be pointless, I do think it's important for both sides of the debate to be represented.

Originally Posted by audreynola /img/forum/go_quote.gif andi, you point definitely makes sense, i just don't agree with it.me either.

while there are cases of autistic adults the majority of cases are under age 18.

david kirby: If autism has always been with us... - age of autism

california's autism increase not due to better counting, diagnosis

far too many new cases to wave away autism as an age old condition that just wasn't diagnosed before. The second article links the cause to chemicals (mercury compounds among them). It makes an interesting point that most research money goes toward looking for genetic links to autism and there is great need for environmental factors to have as much focus in research.

There are twice as many articles about the increase of autism being attributed to increased awareness/diagnosis but big medicine and big money are throwing all their weight behind this theory. Of course it's in their best interests to say autism and adhd have always been around, it's no one's fault that way and no one has to do anything about it. what is popular is not always right...

^ amen

this is from autismspeaks.org: "today, it is estimated that one in every 110 children is diagnosed with autism, making it more common than childhood cancer, juvenile diabetes and pediatric aids combined. An estimated 1.5 million individuals in the u.s. And tens of millions worldwide are affected by autism. Government statistics suggest the prevalence rate of autism is increasing 10-17 percent annually." any issue can be framed so that it benefits one viewpoint over another, but i feel like saying autism is not an epidemic is discounting to the millions of families affected by it.

I realize i'm not going to convince anyone of my point of view that has already made their decision on this subject; just as my mind is made up. So while the back and forth might be pointless, i do think it's important for both sides of the debate to be represented.

very true indeed.i think our job here is done. Lol

9.gif

My son has had all his vaccines so how come he does not have autism?

Is my son more resilient to the fillers that come with vaccines? No.

Are the vast majority of people that have had vaccines more resilient to fillers that come with vacines? No

So rather than focus on the small percentage of people that have developed autism - please explain to me why other people don't get autism, yet they get the same vaccines.

I listened to a conference call recently with Dr Bob Sears who has an autism book that just came out. He talked about how complex the issue is. The biggest theory is now that chemicals and toxins have something to do with it such as mother's exposure to chemicals prior to getting pregnant as well as during pregnancy as well as the infants exposure to chemicals. A good example of this is why pregnant women are advised to limit their consumption of canned tuna to one serving per week due to high mercury levels. Also research is looking into genetic dispositions. Dr Bob has several families in his practice that have autistic kids both vaccinated and unvaccinated. He is not anti vaccine he just advocates safer vaccination practices such as spreading the vaccines over time and not giving so many shots as once so that it's not so taxing on the immune system. Our first child was vaccinated on Dr William Sears' alternative vaccine schedule that gives the adequate amount of vaccines. The vaccines are just spread out more over time. Our son is very healthy today. Our daughter had a few vaccines but her immune system didn't do as well with them because she developed really high fevers and was totally out of it. We stopped vaccinating her after 6 months. We have almost a 4 month old boy and I'll have to make the decision on what to do with vaccines since his 4-month check up is coming up. We have held off vaccines until now because he is breastfed exclusively which gives immunity to a certain degree and we have wanted his immune system to mature more. I'm leaning towards not vaccinating but it's such a tough choice because I'm not antivaccine I just don't want my child to be a victim of receiving a vaccine that later is found contaminated or we find out that his immune system can't handle them and he becomes disabled as a result.

The Rotavirus vaccines was just found to have lethal pig virus contamination. If my child had received that I'd be worried right now. I don't think it's good idea to inject an infant with a solution that can be contaminated with additional particles or viruses other than the particular vaccine. The additives and the way the vaccines are produced concern me. I feel that there is not enough research done on vaccines because of the billions of dollars that are at stake. If more people choose not to vaccinate their children it would mean millions of dollars lost or if the vaccines were found harmful concussively it would mean billions of dollars lost. I don't think the pharmaceutical industry is very hot on possible shooting themselves in the foot by funding more vaccine research if vaccines are proven harmful. They can't take the chance due to money. It's a really tough subject for any parent to decide on. I urge every parent to do as much research as possible and ask the questions from the doctor.

Here is the article on the latest vaccine contamination:

Vaccine Safety Critics Call For RotaTeq Vaccine Recall & Clean-Up

The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) joins with holistic health pioneer Dr. Joseph Mercola in calling for Merck to voluntarily recall its live rotavirus vaccine - RotaTeq – which is contaminated with parts of a lethal virus that infects pigs - porcine circovirus 2 (PCV2) - and publicly pledge to clean-up the vaccine.

On May 7th, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) publicly pledged to re-formulate its rotavirus vaccine, Rotarix, by removing DNA from a non-lethal pig virus (PCV1). RotaTeq is contaminated with DNA from both PCV1 and PCV2. PCV2 is an aggressive virus that causes immune suppression, wasting disease and death in baby pigs.

“Responsible corporations voluntarily recall contaminated foods and drugs that could possibly compromise safety,” said NVIC Co-Founder & President Barbara Loe Fisher. “When RotaTeq is squirted into the mouths of babies, how many doctors or parents know those babies are swallowing DNA from a virus that can injure and kill baby pigs?”

“No company marketing a product found to be contaminated should be given a free pass,” said Dr. Joseph Mercola. “It is always dangerous to assume safety. Vaccines contaminated with viral DNA that could evolve and infect humans cannot and should not be assumed to be safe,” said Dr. Mercola.

The FDA recommended in March that doctors temporarily suspend use of GSK’s Rotarix vaccine after an independent lab using new technology detected PCV1 DNA in the rotavirus vaccine given to infants 2 to 6 months of age. At a special FDA advisory committee meeting on May 7, NVIC called on the FDA to legally require manufacturers to adhere to regulations for testing of vaccines before and after licensure for contamination and also require stricter labeling standards to fully inform consumers about any foreign DNA content that remains in vaccines.

On May 14, the FDA withdrew its suspension of Rotarix vaccine recommendation and pronounced both vaccines safe, even though both remain contaminated and safety data on PCV2 contamination of RotaTeq was not evaluated by the FDA advisory committee.

NVIC and Mercola.com defend informed consent to vaccination and support public access to vaccines that meet high standards for proof of safety and effectiveness. “Rotavirus vaccine is not required for daycare or school entry,” said Fisher. “The American Academy of Pediatrics and doctors should be informing parents they have a choice and that one rotavirus vaccine is contaminated with DNA from a lethal pig virus while the other is not.”

Dr. Mercola pointed to the recent voluntary recall of medicines for children that were contaminated with unidentified “particles,” as well as past voluntary recalls of contaminated food products. “Why should for-profit vaccine corporations which, unlike other industries, are shielded from liability by our government, be different from any other company selling a product in the U.S.? The American consumer has a right to demand that the products they use are pure and free from contamination,” he said.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your doctor orders them? In Canada, the vaccination schedule is published with a schedule according to age. There's not guessing. Each vaccine and what they are for are also listed.

It's interesting that children in Canada receive total of 28 vaccines "shots" prior to age 5 and in the USA they receive 36 vaccines. Why so many more in the USA? The worldwide mortality rank for children is 34 here in the USA and 20 in Canada. I wonder if it has anything to do with vaccines here.They now give the Hep B shot at the hospitals at birth here in the USA and that is not the practice anywhere else in the world. Why would you vaccinate an infant against Hep B when there is no possible way they can get the disease since they are not taking part in risk behavior such as drug use etc. The only way an infant can get it is from the mother if she has it during pregnancy. So again the question is why they give the vaccine at birth and we are the only country that has that policy? Could it be because of the profits of pharmaceutical companies? Just think how many infants are born daily here in the USA. You inject every infant with Hep B vaccine, you are guaranteed huge profits. Needless to say I declined the vaccines for our kids at birth. The interesting thing is that this Hep B vaccine policy is pretty recent because it was not standard practice when our first son was born 9 years ago but it was when our daughter was born 4 years ago and it still is today since our 2nd son was born 4 months ago. The amount of vaccines given have skyrocketed in the last 20-40 years. Just ask your parents how many vaccines you received as a child and compare that to the current recommended amount for your child. It's a mind boggling difference yet one can argue that no more lives are being saved today than 20-40 years ago. More vaccines are being developed and these are for diseases that are harmless. For example the shingles vaccine offered for adults. It doesn't save any lives. A person doesn't die or get injured from shingles so why get the vaccine?
Here is an excellent study regarding the number of vaccines required here in the USA vs other countries and the fact that the amount of vaccines given has tripled.

Originally Posted by Reija /img/forum/go_quote.gif A person doesn't die or get injured from shingles so why get the vaccine? You obviously have not asked anyone who has had shingles. I know at least 4 people who have had shingles and its a very painful thing to go thru.
I personally managed to avoid shingles and instead had gotten a second bout of chicken pox.

Here's some literature about the gentle shingles:

Shingles Symptoms : Symptoms of Shingles

Shingles is a painful condition characterized by the appearance of a skin rash. This condition is caused by the vermicelli zoster virus and this virus also causes chicken pox disease. In fact once a person has had the chicken pox this virus remains within the body in a dormant or latent condition. When the immune system of the body becomes the weak the virus may get reactivated and this can result in appearance of shingles symptoms. The immune system may become weak when the person suffers from condition like Aids or is undergoing treatment like chemotherapy. Emotional stress may also result in reactivation of the virus and in most cases the exact cause for the reactivation of the virus is never found. Any individual who has suffered from chicken pox can develop shingles. However the shingles symptoms are most often seen in individuals who are around 60 years old.

The shingles symptoms begin with increased sensitivity of skin along with a burning pain. Some patients may also experience tickling or tingling along with numbness in the areas. In such a stage it is often difficult to determine the reason for the pain. The areas that are typically affected include the head, abdomen, neck, face and arm or leg. In rare cases areas of the face like the nose and eyes may also be affected.

Along with tingling of skin patients also tend to experience other problems like stomach ache, chills, diarrhea along with fever. Individuals may also experience tenderness in the lymph node areas in the initial stages. The shingles symptoms include a typical rash that starts with eruption of small blisters for a period of 3 to 5 days. These blisters erupt on a patch of red skin. The blisters tend to follow the individual nerve path areas and therefore tend to have a belt or band like appearance. In most cases only a single nerve level is involved and in rare cases multiple nerves may be involved.

With time the blisters fill with fluid and this fluid is initially clear but then it becomes cloudy in around 3 to 4 days. These blisters then pop and the area starts to ooze. Eventually the affected area crusts over and then heals. This outbreak may last for around three to four weeks. In some cases the blisters may not be observed as a part of shingles symptoms and yet intense pain may be experienced. In such cases diagnosis becomes problematic. Shingles is contagious and can be transmitted to other people but these individuals will develop chicken pox.

The shingles virus can be transmitted through direct skin contact with the fluid in the blisters. Once the blisters crust over the virus cannot be transmitted and the condition is no longer contagious. A common complication observed in this condition includes some shingles symptoms that result in postherpetic neuralgia.

I wanted to follow up on something since I found some updated information from the Food & Drug Administration on thimerosal in vaccines.

According to this information the majority of the latest formulations of vaccinations children are recommended to get contain NO thimerosal. If they do not have this preservative I task hen what is the problem? Why are vaccinations bad for the child?

Is there any other potential reasons that a small percentage of the population gets autism? That has not even been discussed, instead it is laid solely on the vaccines. I know of only one autistic child personally and came to find out that he had not gotten any vaccines prior to his diagnosis of autism. How did he get his autism?

So why would anyone even risk the potential of getting a serious disease when it can be prevented? It makes no sense. My personal example is when i was maybe 8 or so there was a friend of the family that had come from another country. He was here in the US maybe for a few weeks and had visited at my grandfather's house a number of times when i was there. He had developed a really bad cough and within a few days died of Tuberculosis. Now I had gotten my vaccination for Tuberculosis so myself and everyone in my family had to get tests to make sure we were safe. Mind you this was a time when Tuberculosis was thought to be eradicated! I am so thankful that I had gotten the vaccination because this was very much an optional vaccination at the time. I mentioned this incident and this topic to my mother recently and she told me it was even worse with the fear mongering that was perpetuated over the Polio vaccine in the 1950s. It took a while for this to be an accepted practice and eventually it was made mandatory.

220px-TB_poster.jpg

I accept what the opponents of vaccination say that the causal effects of autism need to be studied more, vaccinations spread out more and possible alternatives to potentially harmful chemicals be replaced, but the bottom line is overall health of the population due to eradicating (almost) these deadly diseases is vastly better to what it was before.

i did all the vacines but the whooping cough. i never had it as a child and i decided nor would my daughter due to speaking with my parents and reading up on it.

Bottom Line: I do not vaccinate my child. He has had a few vaccinations, but that was when I was a new parent, and I didn't have enough information available to me.

In the state of WA you can easily file with the court to avoid vaccinations. Your child can still do all the things other children do, go to public schools, etc. And the best part is, is that you do not have to tell anyone why it is you choose not to do so, whether it be religious, political, etc. 

This is something that my husband to be and I have been disscussing. Neither one of us are in favor of vaccinations.

We are expecting our first child in April 2012, we will not be vaccinating.

Back