• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

$1.00 Conscious Box for New Subscribers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this in their FAQ , but I still can't find a cancellation deadline date.

Edit: And then I did some searching and I found this on a Blog "The date on which you originally sign up becomes the date you'll be continuously charged" So our billing date should be the day we signed up. So as long as we cancel before this date next month, we should be ok.

I just took advantage of a promotion. Can I cancel now? Hey! That's not fair :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Our policy for promotions is as follows: any promotional subscription cannot be cancelled until AFTER the first box has been shipped. Why's that? Because we want you to experience your Conscious Box before you decide it isn't for you! We know you'll love it and want to keep the boxes coming! In the event that you'd still like to cancel, just contact us and we can stop all future shipments (extended subscriptions excluded). 

I found this in their FAQ , but I still can't find a cancellation deadline date. They do say the subscription deadline for the current month's box is the 7th of that month, that is when that month's box ships. Wouldn't it be ironic if they roped us into paying full price for the next month, by shipping the boxes AFTER the deadline so that we can't cancel in time if we choose to. I used a temporary pre-paid visa card that will be empty by then anyway LOL I just took advantage of a promotion. Can I cancel now? Hey! That's not fair :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Our policy for promotions is as follows: any promotional subscription cannot be cancelled until AFTER the first box has been shipped. Why's that? Because we want you to experience your Conscious Box before you decide it isn't for you! We know you'll love it and want to keep the boxes coming! In the event that you'd still like to cancel, just contact us and we can stop all future shipments (extended subscriptions excluded). 
While that doesn't give an exact date, it does make sense to me. I think they are probably not going to rope us into anything. I think I will keep an eye out, but most likely our boxes that we ordered within the past couple of days will ship around April 7th. If that's the case (looking at you Glossybox), we should have plenty of time to cancel once we get our boxes. They also have the option to Pause Subscription, if you want to keep your account but not get a box every month. That is probably what I will do, since I want to get a Conscious Box once in a while. I also want to try out their points system.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While that doesn't give an exact date, it does make sense to me. I think they are probably not going to rope us into anything. I think I will keep an eye out, but most likely our boxes that we ordered within the past couple of days will ship around April 7th. If that's the case (looking at you Glossybox), we should have plenty of time to cancel once we get our boxes.

They also have the option to Pause Subscription, if you want to keep your account but not get a box every month. That is probably what I will do, since I want to get a Conscious Box once in a while. I also want to try out their points system.
Yeah.....I found some new info, so I edited to add that I found on a blog where it says your sign up date is your billing date. That makes me feel much better lol

It ain't no secret that I just wanted the boxes cause they were a dollar lol. I have no plan to stay subscribed.

Yeah.....I found some new info, so I edited to add that I found on a blog where it says your sign up date is your billing date. That makes me feel much better lol It ain't no secret that I just wanted the boxes cause they were a dollar lol. I have no plan to stay subscribed.
Good work, Scooby, thanks! I think it's still good advertising for them, even if a bunch of people only get the discounted boxes. You know how we all are on here, showing photos and discussing what we do or don't like, and completely influencing each other. Plus, those of us who blog usually post about our subs. So if some of us like our boxes, it will probably lead to some subscribers.

So my husband was just looking at our bank account and said, "What's all this Conscious stuff?"

I just got the regular and the vegan yesterday for 1 dollar each.  I hope they are really nice.  I love getting food in subs and I would pay more than 2 dollars for a snack.

So no matter whats in them both, I already know I am getting my money's worth.

Originally Posted by fayeX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for your bless, I finally got it done! 

I bought gift subscription so that they won't charge me automatically. I'm not sure if they will cancel my order afterwards... 
Thanks for the idea. I bought 2 boxes as gift subscriptions too so I wouldn't have to worry about cancelling before being charged for next month.

The codes changed from boxes be $1 or $1.95 to taking $10 off to them being completely invalid. They have a new code for 25% off one box. I don't think they intended to have people order multiple boxes ( I spoke to CS yesterday and it was "believed" the founders intended for the codes to allow 1 box per person at the $1/$1.95 price. If that was there intention then they should have made it so that's how the code worked...) anyways, I hope the boxes will be alright since a lot of people subscribed at the basically free price and I don't think many will stay subbed at the 19.95 price.

For everyone wondering when to cancel and when they would get charged for the next month, I got a nice response from their Customer Service: "You're billed on the same day, every month. You used a promotion for your first box, so you must first recieve your box before cancelling (see our FAQs). You'll receive it around the 15th anyways, so if you still want to cancel, just let us know. Even if you get charged, we can refund you (as long as the second box hasn't shipped). Let me know if I can help with anything else!"

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For everyone wondering when to cancel and when they would get charged for the next month, I got a nice response from their Customer Service:

"You're billed on the same day, every month. You used a promotion for your first box, so you must first recieve your box before cancelling (see our FAQs). You'll receive it around the 15th anyways, so if you still want to cancel, just let us know. Even if you get charged, we can refund you (as long as the second box hasn't shipped).

Let me know if I can help with anything else!"
Sounds good!

Also, pet peeve, 'anyways' is not a word. LOL

CB does have incredibly nice customer service representatives.  They were really sweet and immediately took care of everything when I stopped my sub.  

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neither code worked for me
frown.gif
Last month they had a code which was only good for the first 100 boxes redeemed.  This may have been the same thing.  

speaking of...i just went to my account info and i found this when i clicked on the recently shipped order, it's a list of all the contents in the box!

NurturMe Dried Baby Food

Totlogic Gentle, Natural & Light Body Lotion

100% Natural Antioxidant Max Celestial Tea

Seventh Generation Mandarin Refreshing Facial Cleansing Cloths

Organic Food Bar Chocolate Covered Active Greens

Coromega Omega-3 + D Squeeze

Nuline Nutritionals QSpeed Supplement

EarthRise Nutritionals Spirulina Natural Supplement

100% All Natural Whey

Peter Rabbit Organics Banana and Apple

Safonique Lavender Sea Laundry Detergent

Sappo Hill All Vegetable Oil Glyceryne Creme Soap
some of these sound interesting...some, not so much.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

speaking of...i just went to my account info and i found this when i clicked on the recently shipped order, it's a list of all the contents in the box!

NurturMe Dried Baby Food

Totlogic Gentle, Natural & Light Body Lotion

100% Natural Antioxidant Max Celestial Tea

Seventh Generation Mandarin Refreshing Facial Cleansing Cloths

Organic Food Bar Chocolate Covered Active Greens

Coromega Omega-3 + D Squeeze

Nuline Nutritionals QSpeed Supplement

EarthRise Nutritionals Spirulina Natural Supplement

100% All Natural Whey

Peter Rabbit Organics Banana and Apple

Safonique Lavender Sea Laundry Detergent

Sappo Hill All Vegetable Oil Glyceryne Creme Soap
some of these sound interesting...some, not so much.
I'm getting the exact same box! Not sure what to do with the first item...
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by ruhimaach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm getting the exact same box! Not sure what to do with the first item...
rolleyes.gif
Seriously, I might have been more apt to try it without thinking about it if I hadn't seen it's name o_O

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seriously, I might have been more apt to try it without thinking about it if I hadn't seen it's name o_O
I might still eat it 
biggrin.gif
 They're usually yummy. 

Back