100 empties in 100 days - Challenge starting January 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Foil packs of Ole Henriksen Truth Serum and Pure Truth face oil (this is a rose hips oil). I thought I would love these, but they were hard to get through. This is a Vitamin C line, and the orange small is just too strong. Quite unbearable for me, and they irritated my skin.
I tried the Ole Henriksen Truth serum as well and the smell was too strong for me also. It also didn't do anything for my skin. I haven't tried the face oil though.

69. Today I also finished a pack of ten cleansing cloths from the same Ole Henriksen Vitamin C Brightening line. I felt I had to use them up quickly, before they dried out. These also had the strong smell, and I am so glad to be done with them. I don't like using cleansing cloths, as they don't make my oily skin feel clean - though the Ole Henriksen ones have a great texture and are loaded with good botanical oils. I still don't like them. For waterless cleansing, I feel micellar products are better. 

I tried the cleansing clothes by Ole Henriksen as well a while back and they really didn't do anything for my skin. I like using cleansing cloths at times but it's hard to find good ones that work for my skin.

70. Benefit Porefessional sample card. I like the tint and texture. I put it on my nose, where my pores are large, then put on a really good (Guerlain Lingerie de Peau) foundation. I still got those little dots where the foundation pigments stuck in the pores. 

71. SK-II Signs Eye Mask. This was a very luxe sample. The eye masks came in a little tray. After you take them off, they leave a light serum behind. They are large, and cover under eye and top of cheekbone. I could not see anything dramatic after one use, and if I were going to invest in an SK-II product, I would pick the amazing Cellumination Aurabright Essence I tried over this. 

72. Another Face Shop Aloe nose blackhead strip. I seemed to get a little better result by peeling off the strip carefully and slowly from both sides to the center. 

73. Travel size bottle of Neutrogena Light Sesame Formula Body Lotion. Did not like. Scent too strong, formula too light - but I used it all up! 

74. Yves Rocher Quelques Notes D'Amour fragrance foil pack. Yves Rocher gives foil packs containing little towlettes soaked with fragrance. This is a nice rose: woody, not too sweet. 

75. Anhesti Puriti Uplifting Conditioner. I got this when I was getting Beauty Army last summer. It is designed for fine hair and is very light and delicate, with a lovely rosemary fragrance. 

76. Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins night cream foil pack. Great concept - a cream with aromatherapy to help you sleep and have lovely dreams while vitamins beautify your skin. The scent is a refreshing bitter orange (orange peel extract) - a nice natural smell, but I felt it was stimulating, not relaxing. The scent dissipates once the cream is blended in. 

77. Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturizer foil pack - also has the nice citrus scent. 

Bonus product: Finished Dove Advanced Care Deodorant, pink scent - the only beauty product I have needed to replace since beginning no buy January 1. 

Last edited by a moderator:
3. it Cosmetics CC+ 50+ SPF, full size. Okay for me, not excellent. Not worth the price. WNR

4. Crest Whitening toothpaste, full size. Did the job, but due to new/necessary homemade toothpaste needs as recommended by dentist, WNR. Turns out I'm allergic to flouride & other ingredients, so now have to use baking soda/coconut oil/peppermint oil/hydrogen peroxide only to clean my teeth & whiten.

5. Bareminerals original foundation, fairly light N10, sample size. Excellent mineral powder, matched my skin tone perfectly. Will purchase full size when I run out of powder next year.

6. Amika nourishing mask, sea buckthorn berry, sample size. Didn't notice a difference, WNR

Full Size: 3

Deluxe Size: 3
7. Dr. Jart BB deluxe sample: too dark for me. If I have  sample in my skintone, I might try it again, but for now I'm happy with what I have.

8. Kirkland Signature Daily Facial Towelettes (15 ct), full size: Yay! Love these, they get most makeup off, and I follow with my skincare routine. I still have 3/4 of a full box left, but I'll continue to count each 'pack' as full size, for what it's worth :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

TOTAL 100 Day 2015

Full Size: 4

Deluxe Size: 4

78. Sample pack of Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules. I got these in a GWP last summer. I loved using them. They are a serum, but they have the consistency of a facial oil with a dry finish. I love products packaged in little capsules or vials - such a luxury.

79. Laura Mercier Primer foil pack. This was my first time trying Laura Mercier, and I could fall in love with this brand. This primer is so beautiful and delicate. I read that Ms. Mercier grew up in France and at a very young age, studied painting and then trained at the Carita Salon in Paris. Her site advises putting the primer in the refrigerator before application, as the cold helps take down puffiness, and spending a few moments massaging the face with the primer, as this benefits the skin. Using the primer is thus like having a facial. I loved it. 

80. Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Foundation foil pack. Shade 02 Beige Clair. Would you believe this foil pack is the only liquid base I had in my massive hoard of products? I have tons of primer, BB cream, but no foundation! I suppose that is because a lot of my things come from GWP and sub boxes, and they do not send foundations very often. I don't feel much like buying any foundation either - I find it messy and hard to apply, and the results on my poor complexion are less than perfect, even with a luxe primer. I used this packet up though, and it is lovely. 

Last edited by a moderator:
81. I finished my last Face Shop Aloe Nose strip. I got five of these, loose, in my Beauteque BB Bag. Sadly they did not work on me. 

82. I finished my second Yves Rocher Quelques Notes D'Amour little perfume towlette in foil pack. Luckily, I have a mini bottle of this I got in a GWP.

83. L'Occitane Aromachologie Repairing Conditioner with 5 Essential Oils foil pack. Has sweet almond oil and smells divine. 

9. Philosophy 3 -in-1 in Raspberry Sorbet, full size: I thought when I bought this last year that I would enjoy it, but that's not the case. I tried it as a shampoo first and it failed miserably, making my hair very oily. Then since I was out of bubble bath, used it as that. Too expensive to do it this way, I can find cheaper alternatives for a much better scent throw. WNR.

10. Rituals Zensation Organic Rice Milk & Cherry Blossom shower gel, deluxe size: This was really nice, made my skin silky smooth. Once I get through all my other shower gels (I have 8 more full size various brands to try), will consider purchasing full size of this. I really like that it was in an aerosol spray can that foamed.

11. Vasanti Detox Facial Cleanser, deluxe size: It was nice, nothing special. I want to try other facial cleansers before I decide to purchase or not.

As always, my deluxe/sample sizes come from my BB sub, this is the only sub I have. I don't buy cosmetics online, so I don't get a lot of foils (if any). My goal for the next month or so is to use up more samples and work on my full size items. If I can finish 15 full size by April 10th, then I would have finished 10% of my total beauty related items (my whole stash), yay!

TOTAL 100 Day 2015 - ends 4/10

Full Size: 5

Deluxe Size: 6

84. Mario Badescu Ceramide Eye Gel foil pack. Such a beautiful emerald green gel. The product info on the Badescu website suggests keeping this in the fridge, and it is great to use cold. However, it does not sink into the skin, but sits on top all day in a thick layer. 

85. Dermalect Instant Face Lift foil pack. I got this with a Blush Mystery Bag. It is an egg white and honey lotion with some peptides added. It is applied before moisturizer and makeup to tighten the face around the cheeks, chin and jaw. I hate my jawline but this did not seem to help - what I really need is weight loss for that area. 

86. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer foil pack. Wonderfully light on the face. 

87. Freeman Coffee and Chai Energizing Paper Eye Mask. This is good! And you can buy it for less than two dollars. It covers the entire eye area from the brow to tops of cheekbones, with holes for your eyes. It has no scent, thought it is loaded with all kinds of natural ingredients, including banana and clove. It leaves behind a serum with shimmery particles, which leave a beautiful highlight. 

88. Montagne Jeunesse Virgin Olive Oil masque. This foil pack had enough product for three facials. This is a clay masque that dries on the face. It is very relaxing and deep cleansing. The scent is not my favorite - it does smell like olive oil. 

89. Minu Hair Serum foil pack. From Birchbox. A treasure. A pretty pale blue lotion that smells like orange blossoms. You comb it through hair after shampooing and leave it in. Makes hair shine beautifully. 

90. Exuviance Performance Peel AP 25. Sample from Ulta, I think. It is a glycolic peel and the results are great but it's not worth it - it smells awful and burned when I applied it. I need pretty things that smell good. 

Bonus item: pack of Little Bud cotton rounds - dollar store type 

Ten items to go! I only have three more foils - a Dr. Jart sheet mask, Dr. Jart BB Cream (in progress) and Laura Geller Primer (in progress). Then I just need to finish seven deluxe size samples. 

I want to use up a replacement product for my number 27, which was a pack of Swisspers cotton rounds.  I don't think cotton rounds should count toward the 100 for me. 

Replacement for number 27 - cotton rounds is: Gilchrist and Soames London Collection Shower Gel. From Birchbox, deluxe sample. This is actually a fine product, with no parabens, mineral oil, containing natural oils like milk thistle. The only drawback is that the scent does not linger. 

91. Deluxe size Lancome Bi Facil Eye Makeup Remover. It's fun to shake the pretty bottle and watch the oil and water phases mix into a milky lotion. Has a subtle rose scent. 

92. Dr. Jart+ Pore Minimalist black charcoal sheet mask. Very high quality. A solid dark blackest black mask made of a very substantial fabric. I scared myself when I looked in the mirror with it on. Contains natural clay and floral extracts. I used it in the early evening because it leaves a serum behind, and I wanted that to work overnight. My face felt wonderful in the morning, but my pores looked the same. 

93. Laura Geller Tinted Primer, Champagne. This is very beautiful. A luminous very pale beige pearly cream with champagne gold particles - but nothing too shiny or gaudy. It has an alcohol scent, but the scent dissipates upon application. 

94. Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Cream. This contains white gold, and the shade looked very beautiful to me. It is a very cool pure beige without pink or orange - it almost looked like it had a lavender-grey undertone. 

I'm now completely finished with all of my foil packs! I used 80 of them. I was very conscientious and cut each one in half, sometimes even in quarters, when I was getting to the end, and scraped every speck out. Foil packs are like tubes - you think they are empty, but when you cut them, you find a lot of product still hiding inside.

To finish this challenge, I now need to use six deluxe samples up in two weeks. 

95. Sample pack of Dentek Floss Picks - came in a Beauty Box 5. This was actually a wonderful and useful sample for me. I have had trouble with my teeth. These are so easy to use and made my gum tissue feel so much healthier. I must repurchase! 

96. Shiseido Ibuki Cleanser Deluxe Sample. This is a super rich cleansing cream. The Ibuki brand claims to make up for the bad effects on skin of things like eating snacks instead of meals! 

97. L'Occitane Shampoo with Five Essential Oils Deluxe Sample. Smells wonderful. 

98. L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil Deluxe Sample - is really lovely. Heats up a little, and turns milky when you add water. 

99. L'Occitane Almond Body Oil Deluxe Sample. Really has almond oil in the formula.

Finally, number 100 - Guerlain Maxi Lash Mascara sample tube - almost completely gone. It lengthens very well and smells like roses.

Finally the end - 80 foils and 20 deluxe samples in 100 days!  

@@EdithS2 so happy for you! Amazing job finishing the challenge! Was just wondering how you were doing so so glad to see an update from you! Those samples sound really nice. I've organized my samples better so I can access them now. You inspired me to get them all organized and start using them more on a continuous basis. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> Thank you for sharing it and being an inspiration to others!

Back