2006 FIFA World Cup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also think a big thing was made out of what Zidane did, yes he could have hurt Materazzi but he was provoked, besides it was brushed off very hastily when Rooney kicked that Portuguese player in the groin.

Originally Posted by mehrunissa When I first saw the head butting, that's what I thought too, because it seemed to come out of nowhere. But the more I read about it, the more Materazzi comes out the bigger jerk. I know Zidane has always had to put up with crap about his Algerian heritage throughout his soccer career, and I know Materazzi is a very physical and dirty player. And if you look at the final WC game, the Italians were definitely giving Zidane crap through the entire game. Looks to me like they were provoking him, knowing that he has a bit of a temper (that doesn't come out often, but when it does...).
Zidane's behavior was stupid, but if Materazzi said something vile about his mother and sister that obviously crossed over the line, he had it coming. Zidane should feel ashamed that he lost his cool on his last game, but again, it didn't come out of nowhere. Materazzi should feel a great deal of shame as well. Zidane said it well himself, during his first interview about it all:

"The reaction must be punished, but if there had been no provocation there would have been no reaction," he said. "Do you think that two minutes from the end of a World Cup final, two minutes from the end of my career, I wanted to do that?" he asked.
SOURCE Apparently That's exactly what happened. I knew it. Zidane loves his Momma. Awwww.That's cool. He came out with a statement yesterday.While Blatter feels he just can't let this go, it is now being said that the French would insist...with Blatter being in agreement, that if they take the Cup or Ball or whatever away from Zidane, then Matarazzi should also lose it. They won't just take it away from Zidane..especially since he did not have a history of doing stuff like that. I guess everybody learned a painful lesson that should not diminish the accomplishments of anybody's career...least of all Zidane, who reacted, perhaps not in the best way, to a nevertheless outrageous and unaccpetable insult. I think in the end that Zidane will not lose his Ball/Cup..y'know what I mean.

I don't know if you know the scandaluous of italian soccer "Calciopoli"...This victory is for all italian a won to all the state that said that Italy is a thief...

but...I like all italian players...I love Cannavaro...
knuddel.gif

Ok, so insulting other players isn't very nice, but come on, that's what they do to annoy each other, this probably happens every match between all players that have to play on the same m² for 90 minutes.

Zidane should've been the "bigger man" and not let Materazzi get to him, especially during the final, and even more b/c it was his last match ever.

Don't get me wrong, I love Zidane as a soccer player (and in a weird way I think he's kinda sexy, but that's not the point here
wink.gif
), but he should've been able to control himself.

And then aftwards he said he did what every "man" ( as in macho) would do when someone insulted their mother or sister... Sure
blabla.gif

Next world cup I want less silly *****fights
fight.gif
and more soccer!
arco.gif

Originally Posted by Eva121 Next world cup I want less silly *****fights
fight.gif
and more soccer!
arco.gif

AMEN!!

Back