2006 FIFA World Cup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
watching too, and hellooo...the italian soccer team is nice to look at..that is not the reason I am rooting for Italy though. it is 1 to 1 right now and gotta go.

Originally Posted by lovesboxers watching too, and hellooo...the italian soccer team is nice to look at..that is not the reason I am rooting for Italy though. it is 1 to 1 right now and gotta go. Pirlo. Pirlo. and more Pirlo.

tv at work was on so I got to watch most of the game! it was nervewracking
smile.gif
i am happy about Italy's victory.
rockwoot.gif

did you guys see how Zidane got his red card? crazy!

Viva Italiana! Those Italian fans went wild, it was so great to watch. How joyous they were!

This really was a good world cup to watch, lots of unexpected twists.

Wow, that was a good final match! I can't believe Zidane went out like that, with the last game of his career!! Everything just seemed to work against the French team. Ah well. I was rooting for Italy anyway.
goldcup.gif

Poor Zidane!!! I actually wanted France to win, but oh well. Congratulations Italy. And the Italian players are hot too.

Yay the Italians won!!! I couldn't believe Zidane! Towards the end of his last game, that was crazy, insane. Obviously couldn't control his temper. And what a way to let your mates down. Game could've been a whole lot different if he was penalty kicking.

Yahoo Italy!!! Yeah, no one except Zidane will really understand what he was thinking. What a fantastic ending!! Even for someone who does not like Soccer. ( Like me....
sleepyhead.gif
)

lol my home country isnt in the world cup, sad i know, my dad's lame excuse for that: chinese people get tired of running for 2 hours o_O i know..weird

not really rooting for anyone, when there's a match i just pick one country i like over another XD

Oh snap! Zidane is pretty badass to get redcarded for a brutal headbutt and STILL get voted best player of the tournament!

Zidane wins vote for adidas Golden Ball

10 July 2006

by FIFAworldcup.com

France playmaker Zinedine Zidane won the adidas Golden Ball voted for by journalists at the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™. Although his team ultimately failed in their bid to lift the Trophy, Les Bleus' No.10 won the vote for the best player to grace the world stage in Germany. Behind ‘Zizou’ came Italy’s defensive rock Fabio Cannavaro, with the Juventus defender’s Azzurri team-mate Andrea Pirlo completing the podium.

After a less than impressive showing from France in the group phase, Zidane finally got into gear against Spain in the Round of 16, producing a virtually flawless performance to steer his side to a famous win and a place in the last eight.

If there is such a thing as footballing perfection, the midfield maestro surely attained it in the quarter-final showdown with Brazil. His superb passes, magical feints and all-round inspiration took France into the last four, where a solid performance and a clinical penalty helped Les Bleus dispose of Portugal.

In the Final against Italy, he opened the scoring with an audacious spot-kick. Despite his tireless prompting, however, Zidane was unable to pick up the second FIFA World Cup winner's medal of a glittering career and was sent from the field in extra time for butting Marco Materazzi in the chest.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/photos/index.html

Cannavaro collects Silver Ball

The honour of lifting the coveted FIFA World Cup Trophy fell instead to Cannavaro. The Italy captain was in inspired form throughout the tournament and was the cornerstone of a superbly drilled back-line that conceded only two goals. Fearsome in the tackle and quick to fill any gap, Cannavaro brought his experience and astuteness to bear as Italy marched to the title.

Cannavaro also showed how to lead from the front. Never shy of bringing his team-mates into line with a sharp word or two, he fought sportingly for every ball and the statistics show that he was guilty of very few fouls.

Pirlo bags Bronze Ball

The ultra-dependable Pirlo was voted the third-best player of the tournament, having proved himself to be one the most complete midfield players in the world. Part-playmaker, part-holding midfielder – dual roles he performed to perfection – he enjoyed a superb FIFA World Cup and capped it all off by picking up the Budweiser Man of the Match Award for another consummate display in the Final.

SOURCE

WOOHOOO VIVA L'ITALIA!!!! the game was amazzing screw Zidane what a shame,...im a soccer nut whatever was said was said but it didnt mean he had to ruin the name of his team

i love my boys!!! woohooo

That match was too crazy, I wasn't expectng Italy to win and I have no idea what Barthez was playing at when it came to penalties, btu congratulations to Italy.

I usually don't say anything nasty about celebs, etc.

But yeah, that Headbutt (thanks for the link, Mari!) was just shameful.

Anybody else but Zidane would have been canned for life. I know, his last game..etc. He could have really hurt Mattarazzi (sp).

And ultra-dependable is the perfect way to describe Pirlo.

I like dependable guys that get the job done and thensome.

Drama-Queen temper-explosions....no way.

P.S. I, in no way, mean to offend any *Zizou* fans out there.

But that was just egregious.
eiertritt.gif

Gossip update: A friend of Bf's is close with Sepp Blatter. No lie. And as is reported in CNN, yes, Fifa is really carefully looking into taking the trophy away from Zidane. Many..ok...mainly Blatter..want Zidane to come forward with a statement...(of what exactly was said to him and why he reacted the way he did). If he refuses in any way....well, they are trying to figure out a way to, yes, take back the trophy. But they do not want to piss off the French. Blatter is Swiss and they (we) don't like to piss off anybody and prefer diplomacy....but Blatter feels personally that this behavior is unacceptable and sets a very bad example for the future of soccer.

Originally Posted by Elisabeth I usually don't say anything nasty about celebs, etc.But yeah, that Headbutt (thanks for the link, Mari!) was just shameful.

Anybody else but Zidane would have been canned for life. I know, his last game..etc. He could have really hurt Mattarazzi (sp).

And ultra-dependable is the perfect way to describe Pirlo.

I like dependable guys that get the job done and thensome.

Drama-Queen temper-explosions....no way.

P.S. I, in no way, mean to offend any *Zizou* fans out there.

But that was just egregious.
eiertritt.gif

When I first saw the head butting, that's what I thought too, because it seemed to come out of nowhere. But the more I read about it, the more Materazzi comes out the bigger jerk. I know Zidane has always had to put up with crap about his Algerian heritage throughout his soccer career, and I know Materazzi is a very physical and dirty player. And if you look at the final WC game, the Italians were definitely giving Zidane crap through the entire game. Looks to me like they were provoking him, knowing that he has a bit of a temper (that doesn't come out often, but when it does...).
Zidane's behavior was stupid, but if Materazzi said something vile about his mother and sister that obviously crossed over the line, he had it coming. Zidane should feel ashamed that he lost his cool on his last game, but again, it didn't come out of nowhere. Materazzi should feel a great deal of shame as well. Zidane said it well himself, during his first interview about it all:

"The reaction must be punished, but if there had been no provocation there would have been no reaction," he said. "Do you think that two minutes from the end of a World Cup final, two minutes from the end of my career, I wanted to do that?" he asked.
SOURCE

Back