2006 FIFA World Cup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I'm sorry England didn't pass! And Lia I'm sorry Brazil didn't pass!

But personally I think both teams in the whole Worls Cup played awful, I don't know why!

OMG, I think I started crying in my beer when England was sent packing. So sad to see them cry on the field. And Beckham, is he as hot as ever or what?! Too bad he threw up after that spectacular goal he last made... but he's still hot.

And BRAZIL was sent home! That was one heck of an upset...they were favored to win this whole thing!

I did really feel bad that Argentina lost by that "Sudden Death" penalty kick-off. I was really pulling for them.

I don't have a favorite team right now, but I do like to support the underdogs, and so far they have made me very proud overall !!!

ive been watching the whole time, rooting for argentina and brazil... in the past 2 days, both of my teams have been sent home haha my family is from colombia and unfortunately they werent involved so i just kinda latched on to 2 other south american teams.. but oh well.. the italy germany game should be great and portugal france should be just as good..
smile.gif

All my teams are GONE! First Sweden, now England and Brazil...Who am I going to root for?
bawling.gif
Italy, perhaps. They have some pretty boys on their team. Lol.

I cant believe that both Brazil and England are out. I thought for sure that Brazil was going to win. I think it would be great if Germany won since they are the home team.

germany has a good team but i hate it when the country that hosts wins!

not fair!

now i'm rooting for either italy or france

Aw man, no idea who I should root for now
kopfkratz.gif

May the best team win, I guess...
smile.gif

Where any of you watching the Germany vs. Italy game? What a fabulous game it was. I can't believe that Italy scored two goals in less then two minutes. I am so happy that I got to watch the game. I wonder who will win tomorrow's game... France or Portugal.

mehrunissa - you are correct... those italian boys are hot!

Originally Posted by Marisol Where any of you watching the Germany vs. Italy game? What a fabulous game it was. I can't believe that Italy scored two goals in less then two minutes. I am so happy that I got to watch the game. I wonder who will win tomorrow's game... France or Portugal.
mehrunissa - you are correct... those italian boys are hot!

Yes, Marisol, I saw it, but not by choice.
sleepyhead.gif
My BF is also a soccer assistant and has been glued to our **#%ing TV for the last month or so.

When Italy scored....our whole City just went Nuts. You could here fireworks being shot off downtown (no one here likes Germany..shhh..and they were very, very, happy when they did not win). Everyone is also sure that had the game gone into Penatly Kicking, for sure Germany would have won....and that the Italians knew that and knew this was their only chance. It was one of the best games of the whole World Cup thing....although...I really don't like soccer all that much...But what a History Maker that sucker was last night!!!!!
goldcup.gif

Originally Posted by Elisabeth (no one here likes Germany..shhh..and they were very, very, happy when they did not win) Same here
smile.gif
What a game, I only started watching from the 75th minute, but jeez, my nerves were killing me!

I'm glad Italy made it, and they played well and not as defensive as usual!
icon_cheers.gif

(too bad Nesta's injured
whistling.gif
)

how sad, today Portugal lost to the darn French. My Grandfather is from Portugal so I ended up rooting for them after England was out. Now I want the Italians to win. Those French forwards are damn good.

I cant watch anything anymore cause I am working at the hours of the games... I am so mad!
banghead.gif

I was betting on Germany until they lost to Italy (boo).

Now I'm betting on France getting the cup.

I might not be able to watch the game tomorrow though
frown.gif
waaaaaaaaah!!!

Originally Posted by Elisabeth Yes, Marisol, I saw it, but not by choice.
sleepyhead.gif
My BF is also a soccer assistant and has been glued to our **#%ing TV for the last month or so.

When Italy scored....our whole City just went Nuts. You could here fireworks being shot off downtown (no one here likes Germany..shhh..and they were very, very, happy when they did not win). Everyone is also sure that had the game gone into Penatly Kicking, for sure Germany would have won....and that the Italians knew that and knew this was their only chance. It was one of the best games of the whole World Cup thing....although...I really don't like soccer all that much...But what a History Maker that sucker was last night!!!!!
goldcup.gif

same here, few people were rooting for germany. I happened to be out that night walking past the biggest italian ice cream place in Vienna. the corner was full of soccer fans/hooligans. italian flags everywhere. they blocked the street (busy street, 1st district) and made all cars stop, yelled like mad and hit the hood of the cars with their hands...no damage as far as I saw though. I was just waiting for the moment a car with a german licence plate would come through, but that never happened LOLthe city was packed with cheering soccer fans after that, people got wasted everywhere in the streets. Soccer fans gone wild!!!
rockwoot.gif

don´t shoot me...
eusa_whistle.gif
....I am one of the few Austrians who hasn´t watched one single game although everybody is watching everything. I have no idea who is playing against who, and my dad just informed me the final game is today, I would have not known that. whenever there´s something about soccer on TV I switch the channel ASAP. I am just annoyed...thank god it´s over soon

I couldn't say it better. Thank God today it finishes. I just can't take it anymore. Here in brazil the news are 75% related to the world cup, it's all about soccer soccer soccer... i want to scream

Originally Posted by lia_matos I couldn't say it better. Thank God today it finishes. I just can't take it anymore. Here in brazil the news are 75% related to the world cup, it's all about soccer soccer soccer... i want to scream hehe, if I lived in Brazil, I would probably be going crazy too
smile.gif
I know they are so into soccer. Here in US I feel like soccer is not talked enough at all
smile.gif
anyway, I will be working today during the final game, so I am sad... but I'm rooting for Italy
rockwoot.gif

I'm quite unsure if i root for Italy or France. I wanted to Italy to kick Zidane's ass, because he eliminated us and Portugal, but also if Italy wons, it'll be theirs 4th world title, and it would be too near of brazil

OK. I don't also give a rat's heine...but Right Now..Pirlo of Italy is playing so I'm glued to the TV like an alligator in heat
yess.gif
lovelovee.gif

That Pirlo guy is Finer than the shine on a dime..that is for sure.

He doesn't look like he has two brain cells to rub together, bless his heart, but Who the heck cares. Oooohhh...now there's some shower room action I'd love to be a part of!!!!!

Go Italy!!!!!
love5.gif

Originally Posted by Andi same here, few people were rooting for germany. I happened to be out that night walking past the biggest italian ice cream place in Vienna. the corner was full of soccer fans/hooligans. italian flags everywhere. they blocked the street (busy street, 1st district) and made all cars stop, yelled like mad and hit the hood of the cars with their hands...no damage as far as I saw though. I was just waiting for the moment a car with a german licence plate would come through, but that never happened LOLthe city was packed with cheering soccer fans after that, people got wasted everywhere in the streets. Soccer fans gone wild!!!
rockwoot.gif

don´t shoot me...
eusa_whistle.gif
....I am one of the few Austrians who hasn´t watched one single game although everybody is watching everything. I have no idea who is playing against who, and my dad just informed me the final game is today, I would have not known that. whenever there´s something about soccer on TV I switch the channel ASAP. I am just annoyed...thank god it´s over soon

Ok. Just check out Pirlo. You won't be sorry.

Back