2006 FIFA World Cup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by LilDee OMG, I'm Dutch (eventhough i live in Canada) and I'm obsessed with Eurocup and World cup soccer.. 100000% rooting for The Netherlands ofcourse!! Go Oranje!!!
My boyfriend sais i'm crazy.. lol.. i guess i am.. i was up at 5:30 AM (pacific time) watching the game this morning

thats the spirit!

Im for cheering germany...just cause I was there last month and bought some FIFA stuff. I dont really watch it though...Hockeys still on...GO OILERS!!!

Originally Posted by Saja Im cheering germany...
nono.gif
That's not good
eusa_snooty.gif
j/k, you can root for them if you really really want to
whistling.gif

Originally Posted by LVA okie thx. I thought it was a pay per view channel .. apparently I'm blind ... will check out ESPN ...
what time is it on ABC ? I just notice on ESPN (website) It's on @ 2am .....
frown.gif

Well, it varies. The schedule I printed out says that the games are on everyday at 9am, 12 noon, and 3pm Eastern Time, all spread out between the three channels (mostly on ESPN2 and ESPN). BUT, the times are off here and there, by an hour sometimes. I think you really have to check with your local listings, which is easy to do online! AOL's World Cup page is a good place - just click the TV tab on the banner.

Originally Posted by mehrunissa Well, it varies. The schedule I printed out says that the games are on everyday at 9am, 12 noon, and 3pm Eastern Time, all spread out between the three channels (mostly on ESPN2 and ESPN). BUT, the times are off here and there, by an hour sometimes. I think you really have to check with your local listings, which is easy to do online! AOL's World Cup page is a good place - just click the TV tab on the banner. LoL .. thx ... i finally figured it out last night

Originally Posted by Eva121
nono.gif
That's not good
eusa_snooty.gif
j/k, you can root for them if you really really want to
whistling.gif

Whats wrong with Germany???

Originally Posted by Saja Whats wrong with Germany??? It's hard to explain, but it's kinda "not done" to root for the Germans, I don't know if it's like this in other countries, but definitely in Belgium
smile.gif
And they're not the most exciting team to watch in a match
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Eva121 It's hard to explain, but it's kinda "not done" to root for the Germans, I don't know if it's like this in other countries, but definitely in Belgium
smile.gif
And they're not the most exciting team to watch in a match
smile.gif

really? I respect this team, I think they are good.BTW, my favorite web page to check scores, see pics and watch video higlihghts is:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/

Originally Posted by Marisol I can't believe that the US lost. Oh well! hehe, I wasnt surprised... they were never that good... and I have to say Czechs were amazing in that match.I can't wait for Poland:Germany (June 14th, 9pm european time, 3 pm eastern US time) although I kind of know what to expect too
sdrop.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol I can't believe that the US lost. Oh well! I can kind of understand why, especially if you're watching the games from the states - they're hyping the US team up to be something amazing, when they haven't really proven themselves yet. They made it to the quarter finals last time (to the entire world's surprise, even the US), and this year it's like they have an actual shot at winning? At least that's what the sportscasters make it sound like (Alexi Lalas is the guiltiest of that, but he's always a boaster). Pfft.
I'm bummed though. Something happened to the TV and now the color is all off, sort of looks like you have to wear 3-D glasses to look at the screen. We'll probably have to get somebody to fix it or have it replaced. Meh. Can't watch any more games!!
bawling.gif

My husband is from the Czech Republic, and so I'm rooting for them too--I consider that country to be like my home beyond my home.

Originally Posted by Jennifer where's the sleeping smiley because this stuff puts me to sleeeeeeeeeeeeep! Say what?
nunu.gif
Grrr. Don't bring the hooligan out in me. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by SierraWren My husband is from the Czech Republic, and so I'm rooting for them too--I consider that country to be like my home beyond my home. I have great sentiment for Czech Republic, in many ways polish and czech mentality are very similar... so I will be happy if they win
smile.gif
BTW, I think the were amazing in their last match.

I like soccer.... but i CAN'T STAND THE WORLD CUP ANYMORE!!!! all the time i turn the tv on , when it's a news program, 1/2 of it is talking about brazilian team, the other matches and etc, and 1/2 of the day soccer is on TV, so i'm pretty much overdosed about it.

But despite of that, i lke to watch the games, and i really have fun. I jus't can't stand anymore the tv commenting on every sigh that a brazilian player does

I'm rooting for Sweden as that's where I'm from. I don't really care how badly we do as long as we don't do worse than England which is where I live at the moment.

Originally Posted by Jennifer where's the sleeping smiley because this stuff puts me to sleeeeeeeeeeeeep!
9.gif
Here you go...

sleep.gif
sleeping.gif
----> some more
wink.gif

today's update:

Poland vs Germany today, 3 PM eastern american time, 9 PM in Europe
smile.gif

from official FIFA site:

After their disappointing 2-0 defeat by Ecuador, Pawel Janas's team know it will be now or never at 21:00 (CET) on Wednesday night in Dortmund. "If we don’t get at least a draw, then we might as well pack our bags," said the 53-year-old Janas, who nevertheless remains optimistic, saying: "Germany are by no means unbeatable. We’ll be giving it more than 100 per cent - victory is everything."

Germany coach Jurgen Klinsmann is worried about facing opponents who are already on the ropes. "A boxer who seems down is always at his most dangerous. Poland have got their backs to the wall, so Wednesday’s match promises to be one heck of a battle," the former FIFA World Cup winner said.

sorry to bore you but I am so excited and scared!
hehe.gif
dong.gif
eusa_pray.gif
icon_colors.gif
schaem.gif
scared2.gif
https://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies7/11.gif https://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies3/sdrop.gif

Back