2006 FIFA World Cup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by vanilla_sky Poland vs Germany today, 3 PM eastern american time, 9 PM in Europe
smile.gif

What a frustrating ending last night, I was rooting for Poland
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Eva121 What a frustrating ending last night, I was rooting for Poland
smile.gif
oh great!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
yes, it was frustrating! at the begining I thought we would lose right away, but then Poland was playing really well (especially polish goalie, he was awesome)... towards the end I was almost certain we will stay at 0:0 and then BAM! last two minutes of the match! hehe, i even cried a little
rolleyes1.gif

but it was a good match, very emotional
smile.gif

OMG, watching right now, Netherlands vs Cote d'Ivoir! it's halftime..

It's a good game!! but so nervewrecking! whaa!!! lol

My husband is the biggest soccer fan ever. He's played since he was five. Everything he owns is Adidas. It's cute though that he likes it so much. We've been watching every single game and he has a poster board on the wall of all of the teams and the scores so far, and spots to fill in the scores until the end. Yeah, he's obsessed. He records the games onto DVD and then prints a DVD label with the World Cup logo and the score on the front. He's done that for the '94, '98, '02 World Cups.

Originally Posted by mabelwan Wow! Such a big win for Argentina! (6-o) over Serbia and Montenegro . Argentina kicked some major a$$! I am so happy that Mexico is still in it. Whoo hoo!

bawling.gif
I haven't been able to watch, now that I'm working and the TV is all screwed up. I did squint my way through the first 15 minutes of the Sweden-Paraguay game, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow after work. Damn it.

did you guys see USA vs Italy? it was pretty good, I was rooting for Italy but I have to admit US was good, they got much better since the last World Cup.

I heard Ghana was amazing playing with Czech Republic, I am sad they lost since I am rooting for Czechs now that Poland lost
smile.gif

Originally Posted by mehrunissa Who else is watching? I know I am, as is my entire family. Rooting for Sweden, of course, since that's where I grew up (though I don't think they'll win this year)!
If you are watching, where from and are you rooting for your home country or a different team?

Just wanted to say good luck to your home team for tonight hun! Being more civilised, us girls, we can say good luck to each other lol!

Originally Posted by Nessicle Just wanted to say good luck to your home team for tonight hun! Being more civilised, us girls, we can say good luck to each other lol! Hehe, thanks. Good luck to yours (though I don't think it really needs it...)! I've no doubt England will come out on top out of our group.

Poland won with Costa Rica 2:1
cheer2.gif
at least we are not leaving World Cup in total shame
wink.gif

BTW,

it's going to be exciting match, Sweden vs England
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by vanilla_sky Poland won with Costa Rica 2:1
cheer2.gif
at least we are not leaving World Cup in total shame
wink.gif
BTW,

it's going to be exciting match, Sweden vs England
biggrin.gif

GOOOOOOOAL for England!

Freddie Ljungberg is just a complete sex god!! lol!

I think both teams played well last night but England's defence was very sloppy in the second half! God bless Steven Gerrard though! He's a wicked football (soccer!) player!

Originally Posted by Nessicle Freddie Ljungberg is just a complete sex god!! lol! So true! I love his CK ads, lol.

Originally Posted by Nessicle I think both teams played well last night but England's defence was very sloppy in the second half! God bless Steven Gerrard though! He's a wicked football (soccer!) player! I still haven't watched the match - been too busy with work.
frown.gif
I'll have to watch it tonight though. Nobody say anything about the Sweden-England game! Shhhhh!

OMG! we're playing Portugal on Sunday!! i have Portuguees friends, that's gonna be so harsh for one of us!! lol

We might get together and watch! lol
tongue.gif

Lol, did anyone watch Croatia-Australia? Wth was going on with the ref??

I didn't watch it live, but I heard he gave some player 2 yellow cards and didn't send him off the pitch and then a 3rd one and then he gave him a red card
tocktock.gif

Oh soccer :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm not a big fan of soccer but I sometimes watch World Cup. I root for England
biggrin.gif
England has got to go to Final this time!! >_<

Originally Posted by LilDee OMG! we're playing Portugal on Sunday!! i have Portuguees friends, that's gonna be so harsh for one of us!! lolWe might get together and watch! lol
tongue.gif

off course holland will win bu they have to play better than against argetinia that was such a bad game
22.gif

Originally Posted by semantje off course holland will win bu they have to play better than against argetinia that was such a bad game
22.gif
hahaha i know!! that was such a boring game!! and yet still extremely "spannend" (lol, better explanation than any english word i can think of right now).. We were hooked to an hour and a half of 0-0
tongue.gif

Back