2014 Beauty New Years Resolutions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year, I made a resolution that I would take care of my skin every single day. I'm happy to say, that I have not missed a single day! I make sure and take my makeup off every night, as well as moisturize twice daily and exfoliate occasionally. It really has made a difference in my skin. This year, I would like to focus on healthy eating habits and exercising more. Also, I really need to focus on not spending money on makeup. I have plenty, and most likely will get more in the subs I subscribe to. speaking of subs, I plan to cancel most of the subs that I have. So far, I think I am only going to keep Birchbox, Square Hue, and maybe the occasional Julep. I will cancel Popsugar when my prepaid sub is over. I've already canceled Ipsy, Yuzen, and Bonjour Jolie. I'm on the fence about FabFitFun. I'd really like to commit to a no buy, so I think every time I want to buy something, I will have to earn it by exercising for it. I'll pay myself $5.00/hr. That should motivate me to stop buying, lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd really like to commit to a no buy, so I think every time I want to buy something, I will have to earn it by exercising for it. I'll pay myself $5.00/hr. That should motivate me to stop buying, lol.

This is a great idea! Motivation to exercise with a tangible reward.

My only real resolution is to buy less and use more!

THings like eyeshadows and blushes are one thing, as they can last forever.

But I need to use up foundations, bb creams, mascaras, skin care, and eyeliners this year!

And I need to keep my subs to a minimum. I'm trying to convince myself to cancel everything but Birchbox and Popsugar!

Quote: Originally Posted by wrkreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd really like to commit to a no buy, so I think every time I want to buy something, I will have to earn it by exercising for it. I'll pay myself $5.00/hr. That should motivate me to stop buying, lol.

This is a great idea! Motivation to exercise with a tangible reward.

That is a great idea! I am trying to lose a large amount of weight this year, and that might be a great incentive...like set milestones, and when I reach them, reward myself with a beauty splurge! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like to stick to drugstore makeup, and I don't buy a whole lot  usually so spending isn't a concern for me but what is....

1. REALLY getting all of my waterproof mascara off

2. Stop messing with my blackheads

Quote: Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's just to my shoulders... I want to take much better care of it this coming up year. I've never really had long hair and I want to see how it looks on me.

We can do this!
Yes we can!  We'll do it together and an exercise plan too? I need motivation...

Yes we can!  We'll do it together and an exercise plan too? I need motivation...
I'm starting with going to the YMCA 4 times a week and doing cardio and weights. Then I want to add on swimming and cycling classes. I'm also going to start meal prepping every Sunday, and removing processed food and dairy.

My 2014 Beauty New Year's Resolution, like many others on here, is no hoarding. I don't need backups and they just take up space. Fun fact: in the past few weeks I've finished two whole nail polishes and am drops away from finishing three more!

I LOVE the idea of paying yourself to work out!! I might start this, I'm so tired of paying for a gym membership I never use, but refuse to cancel because I "might go someday". Anyways....mine: - no more candles until I'm down to 2. I have a ridiculous stockpile and no more until I burn them down! - no more lotion or body butter. I put in an order with the bath and body works sale and now I'm set at least for the year so no more, I don't care how good the sale is. - no buying pink lipstick until I use up at least half. I NEVER finish lipstick and I have SO MUCH PINK it's out of control. - $50 a month at sephora, excluding perfume, which I don't buy that much of. - figure out a way to track what specific ingredients break me out. EVERYTHING breaks me out, and I need to know what the culprit is and not just keep buying stuff, using it twice, then letting it languish in a drawer because "nope, breaks me out." Anyone have a good system for this? - use at least 2 samples a week.

I need to work out. so bad. I never got the "freshman 15" in college but I have gotten the "law school 15"

and just my luck the wedding dress I fell in love with this week is discontinued and the only one I can find is a sample size one size too small. So going to the gym is A MUST for me this year, since my wedding is December 2014. I was super active in college but have fallen off the way side and I need to make it a habit in my life again.

I need to work out. so bad. I never got the "freshman 15" in college but I have gotten the "law school 15" and just my luck the wedding dress I fell in love with this week is discontinued and the only one I can find is a sample size one size too small. So going to the gym is A MUST for me this year, since my wedding is December 2014. I was super active in college but have fallen off the way side and I need to make it a habit in my life again.
Yay, I went to law school too! It's called "lawyer butt."

I want to play. 1. I'm going on a no buy for the New year. I need to use up what I have before I buy anything more. No buy forums here I come. 2. Start taking better care of my skin at night. 3. Clean out my purse. I don't need to carry around two lipsticks, four chapsticks, three lotions, two hand sanitizer, nail polish remover. 4. Get an inventory on my nail polish. DH bought me all of the nail sets for Christmas. Literally I have both butter london holiday sets, two elf sets, the nyx set, sephora 22, and debroah lippman. No new nail polish after square hue in January. Since it is already paid for. 5. Organize my stash. Right now every thing is just stashed in boxes. I started today by organizing my vanity drawer. Next step the closet.

What a great idea! I am going to use this, along with putting money aside for every pack of cigarettes I DON'T buy (Is there a stop smoking forum here). I will use that pool of money for my beauty/ clothes/ eating out fund.

1. I also need to go on a no buy. I am going to commit to only purchasing essentials after I run out, which will be a while, maybe set a number limit for the year.

2. Not make Rouge this year!

3. Absolutely no more nail polish and need to cancel my Julep subscription.

I started my make up inventory and will finish it when I get home from vacation. I also like the Monday Club idea, will start doing that as well.

1. I'm doing a low-buy. (I went into detail on the Low-buy 2014 thread)
  2. I'm starting a (new) blog! I had a blog but I got busy and didn't post for months. I want to start fresh. And I don't want it to just be another beauty blog, I want to include budget baking and cooking posts too.
  3. I'm only allowing myself to have two subscriptions a month.
  4. Add my nail polish to my inventory list.
  5. Establish (and stick to) a skincare routine.
  6. Workout 5 times a week.

I keep thinking of more resolutions!

Add- 1.  Find a gym I can go to! (Not going to be easy)  I need to tone and keep weight off.  2. Limit my palettes and lipsticks. Seems i've been buying to many lipsticks and using the same one or to regularly.

I want to play. 1. I'm going on a no buy for the New year. I need to use up what I have before I buy anything more. No buy forums here I come. 2. Start taking better care of my skin at night. 3. Clean out my purse. I don't need to carry around two lipsticks, four chapsticks, three lotions, two hand sanitizer, nail polish remover. 4. Get an inventory on my nail polish. DH bought me all of the nail sets for Christmas. Literally I have both butter london holiday sets, two elf sets, the nyx set, sephora 22, and debroah lippman. No new nail polish after square hue in January. Since it is already paid for. 5. Organize my stash. Right now every thing is just stashed in boxes. I started today by organizing my vanity drawer. Next step the closet.
I got super productive yesterday and got all if my stash organized. I'm counting this as a win for 2014. I got my vanity, the top of my closet, and the linen closet. All of which where I have beauty stuff stashed. I also got a box together to send to my sister. She has been lusting after a new purse. And I had one that I never used in the bottom of my closet. Loaded it up with some extra things that I had laying around and I'm going to mail it out today.

Awesome, I tried organizing the other day and got annoyed with it. Your will is stronger than mine
worship.gif

My goals:

- Use up what I already have. Make my low-buy for 2014 be a very selective low-buy instead of impulse buying.
- Continue being part of the no-buy/low-buy forum which has already helped so much! the monday club is amazing and the monthly support threads make doing this much more enjoyable, so much support and it has already helped me immensely.
- Get healthy, i think I'll also be doing jesemiaud's idea of paying myself $5 for every time I exercise lol eating healthy is not a problem for me but going to the gym feels like a giant chore. $5 in the piggy bank means I get a nice reward! I have a lot of weight I'dlike to lose in 2014 and I'll pretty much do anything to get the motivation to get started (the hardest part, everyone says).

@kawaiimeows;, my freshman 15 turned more into like a freshman 50!  so much to lose!

beauty wise:

- be consistent with my skin care. I am pretty good at it during the work week because it's a routine -- but during the weekends, when I have nowhere to go and nothing to do, I just do the basic things in the shower but don't take the time to truly take care of my skin.

- keep my nails long and strong! While my nails grow pretty fast, I have a habit of biting them, so need to break that habit.

- Use up my nail polishes so I can replace them with others and not just let them go bad.

- Use up the 10 items I set aside to completely finish. Those just need to get out of my stash before they go old!

Back