30 Manis Marathon 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Inspired by a tutorial: cursive letters

I didn't have a specific tutorial inspire me but I saw some pins on Pinterest with cursive lettering and I wanted to give it a try.  Glitter Guilty Peppermint Crush and OPI In My Santa Suit.

Nice combo and lovely script! Peppermint Crush almost looks like splatter paint!

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby Dynamite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Congrats to everyone who completed the Marathon! I got a bit distracted for the last few, but I finished today, so I put together this collage as a personal finale :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Congrats! These are all so impressive. Thanks for organizing this! I have a few to go, but I really have been enjoying it and look forward to another in the future!

Mani #29 - SUPERNATURAL Inspiration

I've skipped the flag for the moment and will get to that, but here is a mani that can be interpreted as a Christmas and winter scene image due to its colours and ornamentation, or could be interpreted as some other mystic scene, like in the context of the curtain of a fortune-teller, or ... You choose! I feel it has a very 'Holiday' feel!

Mani after stamping and the gold glitter tips:

I used two images on the Pueen26 plate, and used Bondi Top of the Rock (grey), Fool's (gold under the glitter on the tips); Jenna Hipp Flair Your Affair (platinum glitter); Konad Gold Black, White; and Nubar Holographic Glitter and Sour Candy (on the ring finger accent nails).

Mani #30 - Inspired by A TUTORIAL

There are many turquoise stone effect tutorials out there, most of which suggest painting the turquoise base, using saran wrap to create the gold veins, and a marble with hairspray/alcohol/remover to create the black veins. I did that but ended up with too much black, so I ended up using the saran wrap to texture with a teal and the base turquoise colour, and that way it worked out. I wish more of the gold remained. This (or something like it) I will repeat!

Quote: Originally Posted by chrysalis101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Inspired by the supernatural

Polishes: SC Nova & wnw French white creme. Nova is a deep blue, not the black it always shows in pix. It's my first time doing a design that goes across the nails. And you get to see both my righty and lefty abilities.
smile.gif

cute!

Inspired by a Book (Or was it a movie? Either way.): The Hobbit

Polish used was Milani 510 3D Holographic. I then printed out the elvish script of the One Ring on paper and then used the ziplock bag method with an ultra fine tip paint pin to trace. I also used up the end of my franken top coat. I had been dumping top coats together as they ran out. It resulted in a very gloppy mess. So using it for the ziplock bag thing worked well. In the past I didn't have the polish thick enough to be easily peeled off. This time, if anything, it was too thick.

Just the tutorial one left. Think I may have to make it a Christmas one.
Gorgeous!

Quote: Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mani #27 - Inspired by ARTWORK

I chose to use Henri Matisse's La Vis for inspiration. Here's an image of the work:

And here's my mani:

Some comments on this: The darker greenish teal colour was the same colour as the royal blue on the right pinkie finger, but when it was painted onto the lime green, the blue changed, and changed more after I applied top coat! Where the blue is a bit thicker, it keeps more of the royal blue quality, like on the left edge of the right thumb. Some of my patterns use the colours in reverse of the original work.
Beautiful, I love Matisse he is one of my favorite painters.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Inspired by a tutorial: cursive letters

I didn't have a specific tutorial inspire me but I saw some pins on Pinterest with cursive lettering and I wanted to give it a try.  Glitter Guilty Peppermint Crush and OPI In My Santa Suit.

so pretty! the writing came out great.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I appreciate a lot of his work too, but find this is actually one of my favourites - though to me it feels a bit like an outlier (or very small set of outliers as there are a few others that are similar) in his body of work. Not sure what you think.

Manicure #30: Inspired By A Tutorial

Lucy's Stash Glitter Gradient Nail Art

Two coats of Nicka K Ripe Apple, with a gradient of China Glaze Twinkle Lights
Beautiful!

Congrats to everyone who completed the Marathon! I got a bit distracted for the last few, but I finished today, so I put together this collage as a personal finale :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Great collage.

Mani #29 - SUPERNATURAL Inspiration

I've skipped the flag for the moment and will get to that, but here is a mani that can be interpreted as a Christmas and winter scene image due to its colours and ornamentation, or could be interpreted as some other mystic scene, like in the context of the curtain of a fortune-teller, or ... You choose! I feel it has a very 'Holiday' feel!

Mani after stamping and the gold glitter tips:

I used two images on the Pueen26 plate, and used Bondi Top of the Rock (grey), Fool's (gold under the glitter on the tips); Jenna Hipp Flair Your Affair (platinum glitter); Konad Gold Black, White; and Nubar Holographic Glitter and Sour Candy (on the ring finger accent nails).

Wow so pretty, love the colors you picked and the stamping looks great.

Mani #30 - Inspired by A TUTORIAL

There are many turquoise stone effect tutorials out there, most of which suggest painting the turquoise base, using saran wrap to create the gold veins, and a marble with hairspray/alcohol/remover to create the black veins. I did that but ended up with too much black, so I ended up using the saran wrap to texture with a teal and the base turquoise colour, and that way it worked out. I wish more of the gold remained. This (or something like it) I will repeat!

This looks awesome!

Thanks. I appreciate a lot of his work too, but find this is actually one of my favourites - though to me it feels a bit like an outlier (or very small set of outliers as there are a few others that are similar) in his body of work. Not sure what you think.

I agree he has a few others that are similar, more of his later works.

I actually finished a week ago...I'm just too forgetful! But, yay! Done!

Tutorial Mani: Reverse Waterfall nails found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB0mjUdtVlE

Polish used: WnW French White Creme, Essie Him-anema, SC Exotic Green, SH Pumping Iron, Milani 3D 510, and it can't be seen in the pix, but it's on there, Revlon Calla Lilly.

Calla Lilly gives a soft micro glitter. It's ontop of the French White Creme and gave just a bit of glits. I tried several times, but it's too soft to see in pix...ahh well.

This looks awesome!

Wow so pretty, love the colors you picked and the stamping looks great.
Thank-you very much Jay!

Tutorial Mani: Reverse Waterfall nails found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB0mjUdtVlE

Polish used: WnW French White Creme, Essie Him-anema, SC Exotic Green, SH Pumping Iron, Milani 3D 510, and it can't be seen in the pix, but it's on there, Revlon Calla Lilly.

Calla Lilly gives a soft micro glitter. It's ontop of the French White Creme and gave just a bit of glits. I tried several times, but it's too soft to see in pix...ahh well.

It's a fun holiday idea. Thanks for posting it here!

Pretty!

Mani #28: Inspired by A FLAG

So I didn't do this one at the time, but I figure it's better later than never, so here is a mani inspired by the Canadian flag!

Maple leaf rt.jpgMaple leaf lt t.jpg

Back