A Midsummer Night's Dream (Summer 2014 Secret Santa) Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes Nails is fine! Either/or. I organized the nails one so I have a pretty good sense of those who participated and it went really well.

Sorry for the confusion!
Woo hoo! I am excited :3333

Hi! How do I sign up for this? I am so excited to do the Secret Santa and wondered how to go about doing it??? If someone would let me know I would be appreciative.

Hi! How do I sign up for this? I am so excited to do the Secret Santa and wondered how to go about doing it??? If someone would let me know I would be appreciative.
It's not open for signups yet! All of the current information is in the first post of this thread on this page.

Yes Nails is fine! Either/or. I organized the nails one so I have a pretty good sense of those who participated and it went really well. Sorry for the confusion!
Hooray! The SeSa4Nails was so fun and I had such a great Santa. Can't wait!

This is going to be great. I went to the fairy name generator and got a fairy name. Lol. My fairy name is Meadow Elffilter She is cheerful and friendly. She lives in fields where wild flowers and poppies grow. She can only be seen on midsummer's eve. She wears a skirt made of red petals and has transparent green wings like a cicada.

It's not open for signups yet! All of the current information is in the first post of this thread on this page.
Thank you so much! I look forward to doing it! Nancy : ). Have to find my Fairy name too! Woohoo!!!!

Oh goodie gumdrops!! I can't wait for everything to get underway. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

@chelsealady, the name generator is a fun idea. I went and got a name too, but it has to grow on me, lol! Guess I need to update my profile now.

My fairy name is: Hemlock Moonwand

She is a messenger of the moon goddess. She lives close to vixen and badger sets. She can only be seen when the seeker holds a four-leafed clover. She wears black and white like a badger and has bright blue butterfly wings.

My fairy name is Buttercup Willowshimmer She casts weird dreams. She lives in clover fields where fairy rings grow. She can only be seen when the first flowers begin to blossom. She wears bright clover green and has delicate green coloured wings like a cicada. But you can call me PRINCESS BUTTERCUP!

My Fairy Name is "Gossamer Beamtree". I am a beacon of shimmery light that flows from the beaming tree!!! Yippe!!! I can't wait!!!

Super excited for this!! I had to try the fairy name generator too:

My fairy name isFen DemondancerShe is a playful mischief maker. She lives in reed marshes and lonely fenland. She can only be seen when the bees swarm and the crickets chirrup. She wears pale pink marshmallow flowers and has red wings like a brightly coloured butterfly.

So my fairy name is:

Hazel Heartwitch

She casts love spells. She lives in places hexed and tainted by black magic. She can only be seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking. She wears black feathers and rose petals and has colourful cerise wings like a bright butterfly.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by hsalt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm so excited to get to participate in this (assuming it is the same rules for participation as Secret Santa!). I couldn't have participated for SS2013, but I loved reading all of your gifts to each other!

Thanks for organizing!
Unfortunately, I think that this round is only going to be open for signups to people who did SeSa 2013.  But, really, the true fun is in the slumber party-ness of the discussion thread and fairying!  There's no prerequisite for being a fairy.  Definitely hang out and chat with us, though, so we can get to know you for the real SeSa in November/December!  It's more fun putting packages together for people we *know*!

^We should probably stick this in the first post on the thread or something. Or are we still working out the official 'rules'? 

My fairy name is Hazel Yewglimmer. 
wub.gif

She casts spells of enchantment. She lives in places hexed and tainted by black magic. She can only be seen when the sun sets on the day of a completed harvest. She wears black feathers and rose petals and has russet-coloured wings like a brightly coloured butterfly. 

I'm sticking with the name @magicalmom (mortal Queen Hippolyta) gave me -- Titania, Queen of the Fairies -- but the fairy name generator gave me:

Quote: Cherry PepperwandShe plays tricks on small children and old folk. She lives in fruit orchards and vineyards. She can only be seen when the seeker holds a four-leafed clover. She wears red, cerise and purple berry colours and has autumnal brown wings, like a butterfly.

Here's the weird part:  My middle name -- which wasn't entered into the generator -- actually means orchard or vineyard.

In completely unrelated news, I wish that _X-Men 3_ didn't suck as hard as it does.  I'm watching _X-Men: First Class_ (less than five weeks until _Days of Future Past_!  Eeeee!), and I really want to watch the stinger for _X3_ because MOIRA!, but I despise the director and refuse own it.  Maybe I can coax my connection into lasting long enough for me to watch it on YouTube.  It likes to stall out frequently.

So excited about this!!! I'm already collecting and hording!!!!!!  I can not wait to start stalking my fairy and trying to figure out who has me!!!  

I already have some gift ideas for about 25% of the people participating so far... This probably means I spend too much time on here, but oh well! 
icon_redface.gif

I'm the love fairy! I wonder how it knew from my name that fall is my favorite season, partly because my birthday is often the first day of autumn? And that purple and green are my favorite colors, especially for nail polish (hint, hint)? My fairy name is Juniper Vinetree She brings couples together. She lives in clear-headed pine forests. She can only be seen when the first leaves fall from the trees. She wears purple juniper colours and has gentle green butterfly wings

Back