Acne on my back....ahhhhh!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had this problem at one point.. then it just suddenly stoped. it could very well have something to do with stress but, i'm not sure. sorry...

I used to break out alot on my chest and upper back, too. I never understood what caused it and it was frustrating. The only thing that seemed to control mine was tanning. I would try Kim's ACV suggestion and you might also want to try some tea tree oil, as well.

I have had this problem as well, and it's and on and off problem, but recently I went to the derm and she sells this wash that's suppose to be benzoyl peroxide with aloe vera, and you use it on your body with and exfoliating cloth.....well so far it's been working great. But as far as what exactly causes it I am not sure. However, I do recall the derm told me the reason I was breaking out on my chest and back was because of my hormones. So she recommended Yasmin(birth control) to regulate my hormones. HTH

I dont doubt at all that avc works, but if youd rather do it the good old fashioned drug store way, I suggest neutrogena body clear body scrub, body clear body wash, or even clean and clear acne body wash, and otc chemical exfoliant called lac hydrin. I have very sensitive/acne prone skin.

Originally Posted by lglala84 I have had this problem as well, and it's and on and off problem, but recently I went to the derm and she sells this wash that's suppose to be benzoyl peroxide with aloe vera, and you use it on your body with and exfoliating cloth.....well so far it's been working great. But as far as what exactly causes it I am not sure. However, I do recall the derm told me the reason I was breaking out on my chest and back was because of my hormones. So she recommended Yasmin(birth control) to regulate my hormones. HTH

You know, now that I think about it, my back, chest, and face cleared up after being on birth control so it must be a hormone related thing.
Are you on birthcontrol, Ali?

Before I went to the derm Noxema was helping controll mines. I would just put it on my back brush and clean. Noxema helped my chest a lot, just not as good on my back.

i use Neutragena Rapid Clear face wash for my body acne. ive used it for about 2 years, and it seriously works wonders! i also use a higher thing of bp% on my body too. it helps when the stuff is way too harsh for your face but works awsome for your body.

I've always had a problem with this and Neutrogena body clear body wash works really good to keep it under control.

I began using Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub not too long ago, due to a few sudden spots on my shoulders, and it cleared them right up. My skin is hyper sensitive, and I haven't experienced any adverse side effects. However, I do not care for the scent, at all.
smileno.gif

I have these too. I once was on a pill called Diane Mite to help get rid of them, but then I changed to Yasmin which isn't always strong enough to kill them. So I use Differin gel now and then

I only have the problem when I moisturize the area too much,especially in summer I have to avoid putting body lotions on my chest.

ugh i kinda get spots on the top of my back and i hate it because even though they arent like real horrible spots im left with marks, i always thought it was from my hair

ive heard that conditioner can cause body breakouts, so make sure that you condition before you wash your body, or wash it again after. also, it could be something you ate or wearing dirty clothing or sleeping in unclean bedhseets. could be hormones too.

I used to have breakouts on my chest, and I found that skin to be much drier than my oily face so I always went very light on the acne products on my chest. (I also used to get acne on my shoulders and upper back during the summer, yuck, I felt like a boy with body acne like that!
frown.gif
Fortunately I grew out of that!)

Cottoncandy is right that hair conditioner can clog your pores. My dermatologist said I should always apply conditioner on the ends of my hair (not the roots) so that no conditioner would get on my face when I rinsed my hair. (Plus, applying conditioner on your roots just weighs down your hair anyway!) Oils can also build up on your bedsheets, which is why ideally you should change your pillowcase daily....

i used to get breakouts on my back/chest when i was younger--clinique makes a really good acne body spray product (the only thing i actually like from clinique...but thats another thread)--it's not too expensive if i remember correctly.

hope this helps

What is a good product for oily skin on chest and upper back?? Mine are very oily and I get pimples if I dont clean them like 3 times a day!!
icon_confused.gif

i think some1 on this board said they liked Nature's cure pills for body acne . have u checked the review forum ?

I personally don't realli think the pills work. I used to have realli bad acne on my back and now they are all gone ... guess u just have to give it time. drink lotsa water... ummm .... i don't realli eat veri healthy, . so yah ... maybe give it time .. and it should go away ... *unlike face acne X_X ......

.. if not ... u could always ask your doctor -_^

edit: sorri if i'm not much help ... but i promise u ... i had the worse case of body acne .. . and i absolutely adore tanks and spagetti straps .... and i couldn't wear them .... actually ... .i think my body is clear now cuz i stopped scratching LoL .... i onli drink like 3 glasses o water a day ...

i had this problem for a long time. so when i take a shower i use Neutragena Oil Control Foaming Cleanser. trust me, ive been using this stuff for years on my back and chest and i barely break out anymore there (too harsh for my face, but works super well on my body).

Back