Acne on my back....ahhhhh!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had great success with Clinique's Back and Chest Spray, it's in a green bottle and is around £13. It's so easy to apply just spray anywhere and doesn't smell too terrible. It should work within 2 weeks clearing you up with an active ingredients of Salicylic Acid, though it's not irritating. Hope it works. Lee.

thanks guys. maybe i'll try one product after the other and see what works for me. will let you know about the results
satisfied.gif

i used to have that problem. first, make sure you wash your chest and back after you rinse out all hair products. invest in a long body brush so it will be easy for you to scrub your back. i like neutrogena's body clear body scrub. nature's cure also has a body spray for back acne. you may want to apply a spot treatment to individual pimples as well. hope it clears up before the event! if not, you can always go to the derm for a quick fix!

I use AcneFree to cure pimples on my back, but I don't know if you can get it there.

i dont know what you should do, maybe one of the other girls can help so i will post to bump the thread..

I would think that a wash that contains acne medication would only leave a trace of the medication on your skin - the majority being washed away.

I would treat body acne the same as facial acne - wash with a gentle cleanser and apply a topical medication twice daily.

I don't know if exfoliating or using a toner helps body acne.

i had the same problem for years, then i started using this neutrogena rapid clear face wash on my body and since then (like 3 years ago) i barely get any body breakouts.

you also might wanna try a spot treatment on the zits on your chest too.

I've had realli bad body acne growing up ... I tried everything and it wouldn't go away .... then i guess w/time .... It just went away by itself. My twin bro still has body acne though ... i dunno why his didn't go away like mine did.

Maybe changing your diet might help ...I never knew this , but i read an article Lisa posted on MuT recently and apparently fried foods can make ance worse ...

im still having it till now..every day ill be getting them.My backs are spotty n uneven (i can't wear any low cut topz coz of tiz....)My chest trailing down to my belly oso have excluded boob part.I wonder if i ever get intimate wt my future hubby, wat wud he tinks seing my dry-sensitive spotty body of mine..
frown.gif

Well my bf's back is pretty much disgusting. He has bad back acne.

I find that I get chest spots when I run. Or I find that with weight loss it also increases my chances of getting chest spots. Apart form that I dont really get any spots.

There are a genetic factor that predisposes you to spots. My bf's sister also has spots on her back

Ive been using Nuetrogena Body Clear Body Wash for about 3 months now. First I use a regular body soap or cleanser then I use this. I then use Olay Moisturinse In Shower Body Lotion. It works great at clearing and preventing acne for me. Im on my third bottle.

If you exercise, then that could be why you are getting body acne, especially if you are sweating. What i would recommend is wearing proper clothing while exercising (i believe cotton is good....breathable material). And as soon as you come home, jump in the shower and use a bodywash with acne medication (neutrogena has one, i believe clean and clear has one). Also, make sure you dont use the same exercising clothes if they havent been washed. Maybe the reminents(sp?) of the sweat if making your body acne act up (unless you dont use the same clothes without washing, then just ignore the last statement).

HTH

Im starting to have the same problem again. Ive used the Nuetrogena one that was mentioned here by some folks and I like it. It took a while for it to work but the effects are long lasting. I have to buy it again since Im breaking out after several months of not using it.

Definitely don't wear any manmade materials because it's harder to breathe in for your skin. Use a topical treatment like you would for your face.

Ditto to all the above. Use a body wash with salicylic acid, and if you have trouble reaching your back with cleanser, that could contribute to a buildup of dead skin and sebum. Use a back brush to exfoliate.

Back