Acne Tips, Talk and more

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My tips:

cleansing: when using make-up, first massage olive oil onto your skin as long as you wish. Then using an alcohol-free cleanser (and maybe a silicone-free like Korres) wash off the olive oil.

toner: nothing too drying, maybe one for sensitive skin. Witch-hazel floral water is a good toner.

day moisturizer: silicone-free moisturizer with SPF

night time moisturizer: I use every other night differin (from my doctor) and every other night camelia seed oil. If there is pimples, use little tea tree oil on them.

scrub: dermalogica's microfoliant and paula's BHA gel

specials: Sauna, protecting skin from the sun and Montagne Jeunesse skin treat masks are very good for acne skin. Lumene's masks are good too. Remember to drink 1.5 litres of water and maybe some of it in green tea or white tea

The greatest success I had with getting rid of acne was to stop using harsh skin products and makeup. I started using a vitamin C based skincare line called Nature's Dermatology and mineral makeup. No harsh chemicals, lots of water and no soda. That really worked for me...less is definitely more.

i agree you should try to not wear makeup as much as possible cos the chemicals in it wont help but i wouldnt wear mineral makeup back then cos i needed pretty heavy coverage. (which obviously blocked pores and didnt help my cause any!)

I use benza-clin, a perscription my doctor recommended.. it did wonders for my face. I'm African American, and it ligthened dark brown spots left from former pimples... It was my best friend! My face was clearere than ever....

Now, it's been 2years and it seemed to have lost its umph... I ordered Proactiv, about 1week ago- hopefully I'll be happy with the results.

wow reading most of these posts can help me with my problems as well...i think i got to look for some of these products and try them myself, and hopefully they will also work for me...*fingers-crossed*... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I totally agree! Proactiv opens up pores so that it can harshly clean then but it has left me with huge ugly pores!!! Someone please tell me what I should do to reduce pore size :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

About acne, I use prescriptions Benzoyl Peroxide 5% in gel apply to problem areas, and also Clindamycin T liquid, it is an antibiotic that kills bacteria , is also used for various other health problems. After using this duo I have controlled flareups and heat bumps.

Theres Difirin Gel i had such bad acne like 4 years ago and now i dont i only use it now once a day and not twice. but it is something you get from a dermatologist.

Ask your doctor about Diane 25. It worked really well for me. It is especially formulated for women with acne who also want the benefits of birth control or just to control acne. I recommend!

I've been taking Roaccutane for 4months now and my skin never looked better. I'm just sorry I didn't start taking it earlier!

Hi

I have had acne for years now and nothing seems to have been able to shift it until i brought a beautyskin acne lamp, ive used it for three months every day and my acne is gone! Seriously, completely gone, it is completely natural aswell so it involves no drugs or topicals. Maybe you could try that?

x

I've been using Rober Murad's acne clearing system. It's awesome. Not only is my acne clearing up, my skin in general looks MUCH healthier.

Yeah, I know what you mean about acne treatments not working anymore. Neutrogena products with SALICYLIC ACID in them have worked for me for 10 years now. I've tried other brands and my skin does not respond to them like Neutrogena. They come in the orange packaging, not the purple or blue. Just try that and I know it will work for you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i second that, it's the best stuff you can find in supermarkets againt acne :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

it's the orange packaging, the "Visibly clear" range. i especially like the 2 in 1 tube, it's a daily cleanser and a mask. be careful with the scrub, if you have a sensitive skin you may want to use a tiny amount, it's a bit too harsh IMO.

the ONLY thing that works for me is just a plain ole' dove bar. unscented of course. at least twice a day. sometimes three, but that never happens.

i've found a soap at an indian store, it contains something like 18 herbs and apparently is good for skins "with problems". i'll tell you more about it once i've tried it.

I've had acne since i was 8 years old from baby bumps to cystic acne in highschool, i went to a dermatologist for 12 years every 2 weeks for 12 freaking years.

Here was my routine all of them are prescription

Morning:

Ovace face wash

Benzaclin cream

Neutrogena spf

Afternoon:

Frequently blotted my face

Evening:

Ovace face wash

Mixture of tazorac and differin on my face

Cetaphil moisturisure

It didnt work, none if it worked after using it religiously.

My skin is now crystal clear, i lived in hawaii and then at 18 i moved to new jersey for college and i guess the weather there cleared up my skin immensely and i also went on orthotrycyclin lo birth control pills.

Back