Acne Tips, Talk and more

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey to anyone who has mild to severe acne. Try the acne.org skins regime. Trust me guys this regime seriously works. Its soo simple....Check it out. My moderate acne, with many small white bumps completely cleared up within a weeek. It says to use alot of ONLY 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. AND TRUST ME I have tried everything on the face of the earth XCEPT accutane. And this was the only thing that worked. CONS face will be EXTREMELY dry and flaky for a week PROS face will clear up SOOO FAST,cheap, and your skin cannot become used to it(therefore stop working).BUT YOU MUST FOLLOW THE STEPS. I thought I'd be sneaky and use a heavy mositrizer(not the one mentioned on the site) to combat the excessive dryness,and I completely broke out. Once I kept to an oil-free moisturizer and drank tons of water it cleared up and now my skin is the best it has been in years.:icon_razz IF anyone tries this let me know if the results were as good as mine

I went to that site when my 'acne' was at its worst but I'm afraid to say the regime didnt work out for me - and I was verrry gentle. I even used Dan's own gel but couldnt get past the dryness...I ended up going out with vaseline smeared on parts of my face just to cover the dry bits.

However, I think the main problem was misdiagnosis on my part (and I'm a pharmacy graduate lol). What I thought was mild acne, I now think was just clogged congested skin. Acne.org has been really useful (esp the forums) in suggesting alternatives to the regimen and now after 2 years of experimenting I do 3 things to keep my skin cler: 1) Aspirin mask (BHA) every 1-2 weeks (depending on how dry my skin feels) 2) use a mild facial exfoliating brush 1-2 times a week and 3) healthy diet and water.

I guess what I'm saying is to make sure u really have acne before u start the medicated pathway. My own problem was merely having skin that didnt exfoliate itself well enough.

Seem like my zits keep reoccuring in the same spot, like I have one on my chin that cleared up perfect, now today a week later it is back in the same spot. Same thing has been happening all over my face. What is the deal? Do they never really go away under the surface???

i think the bacteria has stayed in you skin. it became inflamed and then calmed down, now it's trying to come back up. that's my reasoning for mine. lol

I have to say that I am one of those for whom the regime at acne.org worked, but I added a facial brush to my cleansing (alpha hydrox foaming face wash). It has kept my skin clear for months, but it may not work for everyone.

Donna

the site is informational, but i'm sure the regime doesn't work for everyone..i might try it out though. it seems interesting.

well, everyone has different skin types and you kinda have to look at acne on a case by case basis sometimes. i tried it a while ago and it did not work on my sensitive skin.. it kinda burned me out and it was painful.. but, good luck to you guys that do try it.. it may work for you.

I don't follow all of the rules of acne.org, but I do use 2.5% BP and it has worked very well for me -- almost as well as the prescription medications I used to use. Since my skin is so oily, I've never had a problem with the 2.5% drying me out, even though the 10% BP (which is what most BP creams in the drugstores are) dried out my skin worse than any of the prescription creams I used! I seem to have my acne mostly under control, now I just wish I could control my oily skin!

I have more info on acne and oily skin in my notepad if anyone is interested...

Actually, it's quite common to see spot treatments, like Neutrogena On-the-Spot Treatment, with 2.5% bp.

The only BP products I've seen with 2.5% are Neutrogena on the spot, and The Regimen gel on acne.org. I don't think there are any others.

Hi. The guy who created acne.org also created his own version of a 2.5%. It is great. Gentle, a very large tube and relatively cheap. I am on my second tube and would not be without it.

Donna

ugh the same thing is happening to me! it was finally gone then boom the lil brat came right back.:madno: its on my cheek right near the side of my nose, and its making me so self concious. if its lingering bacteria, how do you make sure all the bacteria is out so it cant come back?

I have two on my chin that always come back in the same spot, luckily they're in hiding right now... but they'll be back :scared:

I have 3 on my chin area but I know what thats from. When im stressed thats where they pop out. :scared:

i have the same problem, usually one on the chin and one near the hairline. usually happens when aunt flo is about to come in town! i think the best thing to do is to treat it and not irritate it. The bump on the chin came again this month and it was hard, but i left it alone. whta do you know, it went right away 2 days later!

Do you try to pick or pop the pimples? That spreads infection and can push the infection deeper into the skin, causing breakouts in the same place. Try to leave that area alone and use an anti-bacterial. I have used Mint Julep mask before on pimples to keep from messing with them. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back