Acne Tips, Talk and more

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, exactly. if you pick the area you're making it prone to future break outs so definately try to keep your hands off.. very tough for me! sometimes they just look like they're screaming '' pop me, pop me! ''.. lol

If you go to the derm, they can give you a shot in that spot to get rid of the recurring pimples.. I think it's about $50... I've never done it, but I've considered it! I used to have this recurring pimple on the same exact spot on my forhead for sooo long. It was one of the painful deep ones too!

Ditto!

I love tea tree oil; it's really good for pimples even annoying and painful cystic acne.

Is it better to use pure tea tree oil..or the kind like Body Shop's blemish tea tree stick? or does it matter? what is a good tea tree cleanser?

I recommend the Tea Tree Oil, too! I love that stuff. Right now, I am adding a few drops to my cleanser to help kill the bacteria in my pores. I use Clinique's Mild Soap, which is fine and gentle but doesn't do much to help fight zits. So I just lather up, and add a drop of Tea Tree. Sometimes, if I feel a pimple trying to pop up, I'll apply it directly onto my skin. This can be a bit harsh, you may also dilute it a bit with water.

Another thing you can do with Tea Tree oil is to add a drop to your toothpaste. This will naturally help kill the nasty bacteria in your mouth, without using chemicals.

Hmmm...i'm just thinking.

If you put honey on it, would it cause the pimple to form a white head, and then eventually escape from being held within the skin?

I know that if you put honey on some bumps it causes the pus to rise to the top. You might have a bad pimple for a week, but then once it is gone it will be gone?

That is my logic. Do it in a week where you haven't any special events/people to see.

the acv gets my vote also! i just dab the spot with some acv on a qtip and by morning that baby is toast! the key for me is to catch it before it breaks through.

great thread. '' you cannot cure acne but, you can make it look better ''... haha, that's kinda depressing.. but, at least we can do something about it.

I have been hearing alot about this ACV..is it just plain apple cidar vinegar or do you dilute it with water?? Do you use it as a spot treatment? How often should it be applied?

Your Options for Acne Treatment

There are two main methods of acne treatment that you can follow: topical treatment and oral treatment.

Before selecting a treatment, you must have a solid understanding about acne, and determine the exact type of acne that you have. In addition to this, it is also important to set goals for your acne treatment. Here are some points to keep in mind when thinking about acne, and when selecting the best acne medication for yourself.

Goals of acne treatment:

• You should understand how much acne and what type of acne you have.
  • To stop new acne blemishes from developing with appropriate treatment.
  • To treat acne scars and prevent new scars from forming.
Points you should remember:
  • You can control and cover the visible lesions and avoid embarrassment.
  • Treatment is available that can prevent acne scarring.
  • You should get help for your acne as soon as you notice it. Early treatment minimizes the severity of acne. This is important especially if one of your parents had severe acne.
  • Treatment may last for months and often years.
  • You should understand that improvement can be slow, and will often take months (not weeks) to work. There may even be an initial flare of your acne.
Points To Remember For Selecting Your Best Acne Treatment:
  • The severity level of your acne
  • Your personal goals for therapy
  • The effectiveness of the treatment and possible side effects
  • Your personal preference.
Other Circumstances Specific To Girls And Women:
  • Pregnancy: is it possible you could become pregnant during treatment, or are you already pregnant?
  • Breastfeeding: Will you be breastfeeding during treatment?
  • Are you in the childbearing age range?
  • The acne treatment that you select will depend on the factors listed below:
  • The severity of your condition
  • The type of acne (comedonal vs. inflamed) lesions you have
  • Any previous experience you have had (and your skin’s response) to other treatments
  • The degree of oiliness or sensitivity of your skin
  • Any history you may have of sensitive skin or extreme irritation to specific products.

I was using Proactiv for a couple of months and it just dried out my skin. Now I just use clean & clear and I'm using an acne treatment that has BP in it. I used it on my chin because I was breaking out bad on my chin area and it cleared it up but it's super dry now. So I'm looking for something that will be that effective but not damaging to my skin.

Take care,

Audra :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i've been reading a lot of good things about Neutrogena....i think after my Clean and Clear runs out i'll switch back....I really need to find a good skin care line and stick to it

One of the easiest and cheapest thing to help curb acne is to make sure you use a clean wash cloth every time you wash your face AND change your pillow case every night.

I started using Neutrogena too: Fresh foaming wash. Seems nice, but we'll see how it goes.

Changing pillow cases every night is not a bad idea.....:icon_scratch:

Back