All the ladies with MULTIPLE beauty box subscriptions... ;D

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Eco Emi and My Glam. But I do keep Birchbox and actually Good and Lovely - a box which comes when you get your period. Cool idea.

Originally Posted by ThisIsAYes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love Eco Emi and My Glam. But I do keep Birchbox and actually Good and Lovely - a box which comes when you get your period. Cool idea.
Never heard of good and lovely, checking it out now. 

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I subscribe to Cravebox and really enjoy it! For $10 a month, it's a great service with such a fun variety of products. I've received two boxes thus far: May's "Taste of the Tropics" and the limited edition "Summer Spruce Up" box. I also just received an email that July's box will be going out this week and the theme is "Summer BBQ." I have a review of the May box on my blog (in my signature) that you can check out if you want.

Additionally, I like that they offer limited edition boxes - these boxes are a bit different in that you enter via a lottery-type system as they (obviously) have limited numbers of them. You're notified if you've gotten an LE box and then they're promptly shipped out. An upcoming LE box is "Summer Beauty" and I've already signed up to be notified when it's available. I'd recommend to try Cravebox out - they have great CS, let you put your subscription on hold if you want, and offer a variety of different products to try!
Hey Jess - Do you have any reviews of CraveBox on your blog?  Also, do you have a referral link? It sounds like something I'd like :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay!  Just got my Glossybox!  I will definitely use every one of the products.  Today I received:  Pedix Heel Resue Balm, Colour Ignite Multi Tone Shampoo & Conditioner, Lip, Face & Body Balm, & Mineral Eyes Shadow Trio and Blushed fragrance.  I Love Glossybox!

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey Jess - Do you have any reviews of CraveBox on your blog?  Also, do you have a referral link? It sounds like something I'd like :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hey Kristin! Here's my review of the May box (loved it) - Cravebox May 2012 - I've only blogged about this one as it was the only one thus far that's contained beauty products.

Unfortunately I don't have a referral code because of the way Cravebox is set up - once you sign up for their waitlist, you're entered into a lottery-type drawing system. They pick from "the pool" to add new subscribers every so often. I'll send them an email, though, and see if there is a way to refer friends. If so, I'll send you a PM :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey Kristin! Here's my review of the May box (loved it) - Cravebox May 2012 - I've only blogged about this one as it was the only one thus far that's contained beauty products.

Unfortunately I don't have a referral code because of the way Cravebox is set up - once you sign up for their waitlist, you're entered into a lottery-type drawing system. They pick from "the pool" to add new subscribers every so often. I'll send them an email, though, and see if there is a way to refer friends. If so, I'll send you a PM :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks!!!

I cannot believe that people said BirchBox! I am so disgusted with them for this month. They asked me to email them about the complaint. Then they said, when I pointed out that the value of my box overall was not even at $10, that the value was in the service they provide, not in the box. Umm . . . so sending $6 worth of stuff is ok? I got 3/5 of the samples they sent FOR FREE last month in the mail!!!!!

Deleted per TOS

I have several on MamaBreak. Let's just say CraveBox and I did not part ways as friends. In the end, I cancelled based more on the way I felt customer service, and the CEO, treated me than anything else. The BBQ box was not a hit for me (we only have a gas grill), but previous ones were good.

[SIZE=medium](Deleted link per [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]TERMS OF SERVICE[/SIZE][SIZE=medium])[/SIZE]

You can see previous month on the site as well (just look on the right hand side, click to show the other months, and there should be 1 for each month for 2 more months)

Yes, they provide the service of trying what are, for some of us, new products, BUT the value of the contents of the box should be over the cost of the box. In other words, you are right, they're going to lose customers with that kind of response, and I just got my second Birchbox and think "eh" about August.

Originally Posted by MamaBreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I cannot believe that people said BirchBox! I am so disgusted with them for this month. They asked me to email them about the complaint. Then they said, when I pointed out that the value of my box overall was not even at $10, that the value was in the service they provide, not in the box. Umm . . . so sending $6 worth of stuff is ok? I got 3/5 of the samples they sent FOR FREE last month in the mail!!!!!

http://www.mamabreak.com/2012/08/birchbox-august-2012-review.html
A lot of us said that before this month.
frown.gif
This wasn't a good month for them.

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MamaBreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://www.mamabreak.com/2012/08/birchbox-august-2012-review.html
A lot of us said that before this month.
frown.gif
This wasn't a good month for them.

Yep, I chose BB when this was posted in May. Up until then, I had loved all of my boxes! Since then, 2 of the 3 boxes have been personal failures for me.

Though, no other sub has really taken it's place in my top slot yet...hoping either myGlam or Glossybox steps it up.

I saw the razor at my local grocery store for $6 so if that was an "addition" to the box it wouldn't have been worth much without it.

MyGlam this month gave me a full size nail polish, a full size lip gloss and four other items I really like! Of all the boxes I've tried so far,

MyGlam, Birchbox, Beauty Army, NB Test Tube, Conscious Box, and Love with Food, the two I can say I loved getting and trying all

the "stuff" are:

Love with Food

and

My Glam!

I get BB, SS, and Hammock Pack so far. I'm trying to decide between BB and SS after my first month. Wasn't crazy about BB but the products that SS features are so expensive and the last thing I need is to pick up an expensive skincare habit! lol 

I think my favorite might be Hammock Pack though. I love getting a little box full of goodies and gifts every month!

For the month of August so far I have to say Sample Society is on the top of my list. I love what I received and their customer service is out of this world. I haven't received my Glossybox yet though.

I just received my BirchBox and BeautyArmy. I have a BeautyFix on the way. I am very disappointed with BeautyArmy: super small samples, no deluxe samples. I didn't get one of the samples I requested and got a small vial of perfume instead. I think I'll stick with BirchBox and BeautyFix for now. 

Subscriptions ATM:

• Birchbox x2 (cancelling one once I have even amount of points)
  • Glossy Box
  • Loose Button
  • Little Black Bag (skipped this month -- expensive)
  • Shoe Mint
  • For the Makers (first month, excited for this one)

Cancelled:

• MyGlam
  • one of my Birchboxes :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  • BeautyArmy

Back