All the ladies with MULTIPLE beauty box subscriptions... ;D

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julep is my absolute favorite! I love the quality of their polishes and each month they send out polishes that align with the current season/month/holiday. 

Just Subscribed

• Starbox
  • Glossybox
  • Love with food
  • CurlKit
  • Wantable.co
  • Sample Society
  • Beauty Fix

Already Subscribed

• Julep Maven (love the nail polishes + product + discounted monthly add ons) 

Cancelled

• MyGlam- wasn't in the love with the products. 
  • Birchbox- Did not feel that sub was worth the price.

I just subscribed to Julep (first box for a penny!!) Beautybox5, and sample society. I'm currently awaiting for them to arrive. So excited! I'm also planning on subscribing to one called Starbox, because you're guaranteed 3-4 full sized products, and I've heard lots of good things!

Originally Posted by cutpiece /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just Subscribed

• Starbox
  • Glossybox
  • Love with food
  • CurlKit
  • Wantable.co
  • Sample Society
  • Beauty Fix

Already Subscribed

• Julep Maven (love the nail polishes + product + discounted monthly add ons) 

Cancelled

• MyGlam- wasn't in the love with the products. 
  • Birchbox- Did not feel that sub was worth the price.
Cool! We wanted to let you know our desktop site is now up and running too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi everyone, I am thinking about subscribing to MyGlam/IPSY in the coming year, but I want to make sure I know all my options first. I have a low budget so I don't want to go over the $10 range (or $12 is okay too I guess), and I am mostly interested in makeup products over fragrance/lotions/hair products. Could people give me some suggestions? I was thinking of BirchBox too but my friend told me that they recently have poor beauty boxes (with really small sample sizes), so I'm a little iffy about that (since I'm not sure how long I will subscribe for and don't want any misses, only hits). Thank you for the help in advance!

Originally Posted by lolidragonnn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone, I am thinking about subscribing to MyGlam/IPSY in the coming year, but I want to make sure I know all my options first. I have a low budget so I don't want to go over the $10 range (or $12 is okay too I guess), and I am mostly interested in makeup products over fragrance/lotions/hair products. Could people give me some suggestions? I was thinking of BirchBox too but my friend told me that they recently have poor beauty boxes (with really small sample sizes), so I'm a little iffy about that (since I'm not sure how long I will subscribe for and don't want any misses, only hits). Thank you for the help in advance!
If makeup is what you'd like I suggest Ipsy over Birchbox or Sample Society. I subbed to birchbox for 2 months and got one makeup item. Sample society has been mostly skincare/fragrance since I've been subbed. The Lookbag is in your budget, but they are still iffy I think. Quite a few of the products they sent out are discontinued or expired. I can't think of any others in the sub $15 range, but maybe someone else can offer more suggestions.

Hello,

My vote is for New Beauty Test Tube. 

I know it costs more, but I get more full size and larger sized samples.I also like that all samples are the same and it was really annoying seeing some boxes that were better than mine with all those dratted foil/plastic packets. I cancelled SS and  BB.

I now get Glossy Box, New Beauty Test Tube, 1 more Loose Button Luxe Box, Ipsy, Julep (skippable), and Beauty Army (7 months left on a 1 year subcription and skippable).

Originally Posted by Shannon28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If makeup is what you'd like I suggest Ipsy over Birchbox or Sample Society. I subbed to birchbox for 2 months and got one makeup item. Sample society has been mostly skincare/fragrance since I've been subbed. The Lookbag is in your budget, but they are still iffy I think. Quite a few of the products they sent out are discontinued or expired. I can't think of any others in the sub $15 range, but maybe someone else can offer more suggestions.
Thank you for your advice! I also found BeautyArmy, do you know much about it? I just like how they let you choose their samples. I already signed up for a December My Glam bag so I'm excited for that next month, but will wait for BeautyArmy to have something good up before I try it out.

Originally Posted by lolidragonnn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Starlooks Starbox for sure if you are wanting makeup.

I subscribe to:

Popsugar Must Have

Birchbox

GlossyBox

Sample Society

Discover with Marta

Bulu Box

Love with Food

Julibox

Yikes. Seems like such a long list when I look at them all together. I used to get New Beauty Test Tube, but when the credit card I had on file with them expired, I wasn't impressed enough with the last couple of quarters to bother providing them with new info. I had been starting to get repeat items and the last few boxes hadn't been so good. Sample Society is definitely my current favorite.

I subscribe to :

Beauty Army

Julep

Ipsy

Sample Society

New Beauty Test Tube(quarterly)

Beauty Fix(quarterly)

Favorite one for this month has to be Ipsy and I think it will stay that way

In the past month i've subscribed to:

Birchbox

Ipsy

Julep

Glossybox (Germany)

Glossybox man(Germany)

I just dropped the look bag bc i didn't get Nov bag and last month they shipped expired products.  I liked the 1st bag but since I didn't get 2nd bag I dropped it.  I just dropped one Birchbox I was not impressed with my 2nd box every month so I just canceled.  I did start Starlooks in Dec you get a 15 pallet eyeshadow kit so I can't wait and sample society so I will let you know.

I am subscribed to a few - I love getting surprises every month and love trying out new products before buying full price at sephora or online. I am a beauty product junkie so this works for me - I select a few samples to try each week. I also do a Sunday spa day regularly so I try out the scrubs, soaps, lotions. Glossybox has not impressed me so far. I do like Ipsy My Glam and Top Box for their mix of beauty care and makeup. Starlooks is one of my favorite for makeup - they offer full size makeup products - great quality. Lip Factory is also a favorite - they offer brands I have not seen before instead of drugstore or mass market so that is fun to try.  Beauty Box 5 is fun - mostly just samples, but not an expensive monthly payout. Julep Maven is OK - all nail polish. I do like nail polish,but not enough to need 2 or 3 new colors every month. Eco Emi I like because it is all eco and cruelty free - includes products like toothpaste and household so not only beauty. Loose button is quarterly - and has great products, heavy focus on l'Oreal and its companies I find but good value for the cost. Natural Beauty Box I am going to let lapse - I loved the idea of more natural products but not impressed with their offering. Fortune Cookie soap I have only received one box so far as it is quarterly- I enjoyed it - soap, lotions, hand sanitizers - very innovative scents and packaging. Shiny Set is a jewelry subscription out of Edmonton in Canada - not impressed as it states to be a monthly service - I signed up in November and to date have ony received one box. Misto Coffee I signed up for 6 months as a Xmas gift for my brother - samples of coffee from around the world monthly - he is loving it. They have great customer service - I highly recommend this one. Seasons Box is Canadian - lifestyle products rather than makeup or beauty - this is the BEST one so far. A bit pricier but the products received are high quality and so beautifully individually wrapped they may a great stash of gifts to give (hostess, birthdays, recognition to employees). Divalicious Delights is a quarterly box with local etsy (small business) products - I like this one.Canadian and a good assortment.  There are some US boxes - Tantalizing Sampler, Sampler Village and Out of the box sampler - that offer same small business etsy, natural products - shea butter soaps and lotions, scented wax tarts - of these Out of the box sampler is my favorite, however recent postal increases have made shippng pricey.

I'm subscribed to:

Ipsy

Birchbox

Lip Factory Inc

PopSugar Must Have

I'm giving PSMH only to March and if they include any more clothing items, or clothing vouchers/discounts I'm dropping them with malice of forethought.

Just joined Wantable Jewelry tonight, because I figure PSMH will blow it next month too.

Dropped Beauty Bar/Sample Society because I prefer color cosmetics, not skin and hair care.

I'm all about Yuzen!! With luxury eco-friendly products that are worth a good 2-3 times their price point of $26/box (shipping included), I get such a deal on awesome skincare, beauty, home, and food items. Don't be fooled by the size of some of these things; they last so long!!

I've turned into such a box junkie.  This is what I'm subscribed to for March:

(Regular subscription)

Ipsy

Birchbox

Graze

Testing in March using freebie/discount codes - thank goodness, I won't be able to keep them all going but might as well try them:

Popsugar  (did this in Feb, was disappointed, giving them one more month)

Julep (got my free box, probably going to skip most months, I like their polish but I don't use it enough to keep this as a regular sub) Lip Factory  Starlook Goodies  Love w food  Fancy

Back