Allure Beauty Box January 2016 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the same email, yay for extra surprises!
I got an email from Allure today that thanks to my loyalty (guessing because I have an annual sub) they are going to start sending me extra surprises in the mail and one is on the way. That is kind of exciting
I have monthly Sub...and I too received one...

Surprisingly I got my box today! I always seem to get these early for some reason! (maybe because I live on an island they think it will take forever to ship? Whatever the case, I'm not complaining!)

Here are all the items and a description if you were wondering

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil - 1 fl. oz (full size $28 for 6.7 ounces)

- Since I just got my box today, I have not tried this out. I love the container it comes in though! I was worried that it would break me out, but looking at the magazine included in the box, they said that it did not break out an acne-prone tester. This oil is for normal to dry skin, and is supposed to deep clean and hydrate

Schmidt's Natural Deodorant in Lavender and Sage - .5 oz (full size $8.99 for 2 oz)

- I have always been kind of not the biggest fan of natural deodorant. They have never worked for me, and one of my relatives who uses natural deodorant, smells like she could need some deodorant. I love to packaging on this one too, so cute! Smells pretty nice, but lets see if it actually works!

Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Black Navy - full size, $20

- Didn't we just get a eyeliner last month? By Pixi. While I love Mally Beauty, I guess I am just a little bit annoyed by this. While this is in Black Navy, it really just looks like a charcoal black.

Skinn Cosmetics Caviar Lip Cream in Ruby - full size, $22

- When it mentions in the pamphlet "One caveat: It tends to disappear from the middle of our lips fist, leaving a ring of color around your mouth, so you'll have to reapply often to keep an even-looking finish", I never think that is a good sign. This is almost like a liquid lipstick (which I never go for bold (aka non-sheer) colors), so I might try to sheer it out. Hopefully that makes the wear time more graceful.

(p.s. In the booklet Ruby was the only shade mentioned)

Erno Laszlo Transphuse Eye Refiner - .003 fl oz. (full size $105 for .5 oz!!)

- Very expensive, so I see why the sample is so tiny. This is supposed to by a serum-cream hybrid, and I can't wait to try it out!

Derma E Hydrating Night Cream - .5 oz (full size $29.50 for 2 oz)

- I have only ever tried the microdermabrasion scrub from them (which I love!), I am excited to try more! The smell of this is amazing as well! This seems to be a good size as well, around the container size of a sample of the scrub. In the pamphlet they talk about how one tester had less red skin, so I can't wait to try this one!

Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in Champagne Problems full size, $15

- Love this nail polish! Probably my favorite item in this box. It is a pretty almost muted champagne, and I swatched it and it looks to be a one coat polish, but I will probably use two (when I paint my nails with this tonight!)

Sorry for such the long post if you read this all, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what is to come! I loved this month's Allure Sample Society, and I can't wait to get these "gifts" they are sending us as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so mad at Allure. I sent an email asking to cancel in November, they finally responded on December 18th. They charged me for December and sent a box and now they have charged me again for January. I'm going to have to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh...still waiting for mine to arrive. Usually it comes early, too. The order status says "shipping soon" and then estimated delivery of 1/6, but no tracking #. I'm getting antsy!!

I got my box today! 

I wish the deodorant came with a little spatula, so I could scrap it up and apply it. I'm curious if it works. I might slap some one before the gym tonight.

I love the polish and the cleaning oil. I think cleansing oil is the best thing you can use to get mascara and eyeliner off. The eye cream isn't a big deal to me, I think they're all about the same, glorified moisturizers. I've tried the night cream before, I don't love a repeat brand/item but this one is ok. I'll use it.  

Black(ish) eyeliner and red lipstick/gloss are beauty box standards, I wish they'd move away from them. The lipgloss/stick packs a punch you only need a tiny bit to get a ton of color.  It stays better than a gloss.  

I just re-activated last week after I confirmed with someone via chat that I would get January's box.

I haven't been charged yet so I chatted again and was told that yes my subscription was active and I would receive the "next" box.  When I advised that I was told I would get January, she said "you might" and basically it depends on when it ships.  Of course she couldn't tell me when that would be, only that I would get an email with a tracking number.

Grrr.....I really don't need the box, but got sucked in by the cute DHC sample.  Now I'm just annoyed!

I just re-activated last week after I confirmed with someone via chat that I would get January's box.

I haven't been charged yet so I chatted again and was told that yes my subscription was active and I would receive the "next" box.  When I advised that I was told I would get January, she said "you might" and basically it depends on when it ships.  Of course she couldn't tell me when that would be, only that I would get an email with a tracking number.

Grrr.....I really don't need the box, but got sucked in by the cute DHC sample.  Now I'm just annoyed!
Oh man, I always email those live chats to myself so they can't really back out of what they told you.

I was wondering if I was the only one that hadn't received their box, or even a shipping notice. Nada, nothing yet. I contacted CS and they said they are still processing January and I should receive a shipping notice sometime in the future.....so hopefully sometime this month I guess lol  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm rocking the deodorant today. I scooped some up with a butter knife and rubbed it between my hands and spread it on, ugh. It's a terrible way to apply!

But so far, so good. The test will be my crossfit class tonight and can I go out to dinner afterwards and not kill everyone within 50 feet of me. 

All in all, I'm happy to have a "not normally seen in beauty boxes" product.

I was wondering if I was the only one that hadn't received their box, or even a shipping notice. Nada, nothing yet. I contacted CS and they said they are still processing January and I should receive a shipping notice sometime in the future.....so hopefully sometime this month I guess lol  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">
I haven't received my box either and no shipping notice.

I know I'm all over the deodorant, but it seems to work. It stood up to a crossfit class/workout and when I got home from dinner afterward, I totally made my boyfriend smell me and he said I smelled "fruity."

I'm not sure I can trust his sniffer, but the stuff works well enough for the winter anyway.  

Back