Allure Beauty Box May 2016 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like many others, I signed up for the May Allure box on April 22, after seeing the awesome Foreo spoiler. The charge went through on 4/25. Then I read about the whole overselling debacle, and the huge swath of new subscribers whose subs would start in June. Since I was one of these new subscribers (I have never before subbed to the allure box, even when it was Sample Society), I knew I was in the unlucky group who wouldn't get the May box, so I kept up with all the developments; however, I didn't call CS to confirm I wouldn't get the May box, because frankly I'm in the midst of 2 life crises right now, am utterly overwhelmed, and the thought of contacting CS somehow seemed way more of a big deal than it was. I planned on contacting them to get a refund in the third week of May, after most people had made their calls. Then randomly, yesterday I got a shipping notification for a box, complete with a tracking number, which shows a box shipped out on May 11.

What is going on? Did they get more inventory? Did they make a May box "variation?" As I said, I never reached out to customer service, so I know this isn't a February box or Love box or Mystery box or whatever they were offering to placate upset subscribers until they ran out of those, too.

I guess we'll see when it gets here...

Something really weird is going on with my sub boxes this month.

Like many others, I signed up for the May Allure box on April 22, after seeing the awesome Foreo spoiler. The charge went through on 4/25. Then I read about the whole overselling debacle, and the huge swath of new subscribers whose subs would start in June. Since I was one of these new subscribers (I have never before subbed to the allure box, even when it was Sample Society), I knew I was in the unlucky group who wouldn't get the May box, so I kept up with all the developments; however, I didn't call CS to confirm I wouldn't get the May box, because frankly I'm in the midst of 2 life crises right now, am utterly overwhelmed, and the thought of contacting CS somehow seemed way more of a big deal than it was. I planned on contacting them to get a refund in the third week of May, after most people had made their calls. Then randomly, yesterday I got a shipping notification for a box, complete with a tracking number, which shows a box shipped out on May 11.

What is going on? Did they get more inventory? Did they make a May box "variation?" As I said, I never reached out to customer service, so I know this isn't a February box or Love box or Mystery box or whatever they were offering to placate upset subscribers until they ran out of those, too.

I guess we'll see when it gets here...

Something really weird is going on with my sub boxes this month.
I did too!!  I had a USPS notice last night, but had no idea what it was.  I rec'd my shipping email today.

Same stats, new subscriber, didn't bother to msg them to find out what was going on -- just kept my fingers crossed!

Hmmmmm....

I messaged them about my mystery bag.  It hasn't shipped yet but it is in fact a bag.  For some reason that makes me a bit happier about this whole thing.  I had a dream it was pink plastic and full of herbal essence travel size shampoos.  

MakeupTalk was interviewed by the Wall Street Journal about the various sub boxes but in their recent article talking about them, we were not mentioned. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Last edited by a moderator:
Grr! AGAIN they attempted to charge my card for May, even after I had called them to straighten things out. Even worse, when I called 'Courtney' was so incredibly rude, arguing with me that I had an outstanding order for May I was responsible to pay for. Uh, no, my husband's gift sub to me started with May and thus I wanted my last monthly box to be April (which I never got thanks to this insistence on charging the old card, not even the one I called and updated it to, one whole box went on that card before it reverted back!)
So she then claimed it was ordered but not shipped, to which of course I don't want a second one, that was what the first call I made was supposed to do! Such terrible service, and I was even trying to be nice, explaining everything calmly and using the tracking and account numbers for reference. Sorry I knew what I was talking about! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So even though I'm totally broke and already have way too many subscriptions and am supposed to be on a no-buy, I just subbed to this.  :unsure2:

This is what happens when you're awake at almost 2am reading MSA and beauty forums!

I love the Luna, now I just need to figure out where to come up with $200 to buy a full sized one....
dont throw away the paper that came with it in the little case- it is a coupon for $39 off the luna 2, just an  FYI. ebates is also 7.5% cash back right now for foreo... (I may or may not have used these factors to justify buying the full sized...which I LOVE)

How come June spoilers have not been previewed yet? We would normally see a sneak peek or two this late in the month.

Maybe they are doing something extra special to make up for the May fiasco. 

Some people who were told they were not getting a May box, are getting them it seems. At least that's what I've seen on Facebook.

dont throw away the paper that came with it in the little case- it is a coupon for $39 off the luna 2, just an  FYI. ebates is also 7.5% cash back right now for foreo... (I may or may not have used these factors to justify buying the full sized...which I LOVE)
Rats!  I already threw all the papers away!  I'll have to check Ebates.

So another week went by and I still did not receive the mystery bag.  Today I called and found out it nothing but an empty bag and they ran out so they don't know when they would ship.  Meanwhile other people who subbed the same day I did managed to get a May box.  The first rep I spoke to said it had a retail value of $50 which would be similar to a past box or an ipsy bag. Why would I want an empty bag?  All I am picturing is a reusable shopping tote with the words Allure on it.  I was so disgusted I said just cancel everything and give me a full refund.  I am done defending this company. 

Back