Allure Beauty Box May 2016 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you get your box. I really do. However it really won't make any sense since I was told I wasn't going to get mine and I subscribed on April 23. This Allure situation has given me an angry twitchy eye. I just don't understand them. Meanwhile my inbox is filled with their daily newsletter consisting of "interesting beauty tips that you have never thought of" except it's just the same boring crap I've been looking at since I was thirteen. No really tell me more about how red lipstick is in this season. It totally hasn't been for the past fifty years. Something interesting I would have liked to of known was that I wouldn't be getting a box for May. 
I've seen some posts on reddit from people who also subscribed late in the month. It looks like what happened was older subs were honored before new ones, even if the older ones had been canceled before April. I've subbed off and on for the past year or so. The box should arrive Monday, so I'll know for sure then.

I got mine yesterday. My Foreo is blue. This is a nice box an the first box that I will use everything in it. I have been getting this box since the very beginning when it started with BeautyBar. It is my most favorite sub that I look forward to every month

Hey ladies, can you let me know if you like how the Foreo Play works? If it's good I'll get it from Foreo or Sephora. Thanks!
I like it! I don't have a Clarisonic to compare. Usually I don't like these vibrating things, but this is gentle and actually not too bad. I was pleasantly surprised that using it helped with this monster sinus headache. My face feels super smooth, and it helped bring a pimple to the surface. None of the "your face will get worse before it gets better" BS. I didn't care for the cleanser they sent, but it worked very nicely with my regular foaming cleanser. Between the Foreo in this month's box, and the primer in last month's box, my makeup looks amazingly smooth.

The only thing I think it needs is an auto-shutoff after three minutes, the max recommended use time. I could massage my face with this thing alllllll day. It's also nice and quiet, so no inappropriate sounds coming from the bathroom   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like it! I don't have a Clarisonic to compare. Usually I don't like these vibrating things, but this is gentle and actually not too bad. I was pleasantly surprised that using it helped with this monster sinus headache. My face feels super smooth, and it helped bring a pimple to the surface. None of the "your face will get worse before it gets better" BS. I didn't care for the cleanser they sent, but it worked very nicely with my regular foaming cleanser. Between the Foreo in this month's box, and the primer in last month's box, my makeup looks amazingly smooth.

The only thing I think it needs is an auto-shutoff after three minutes, the max recommended use time. I could massage my face with this thing alllllll day. It's also nice and quiet, so no inappropriate sounds coming from the bathroom   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hahaha. my husband saw my Foreo and that it vibrates and said "you didn't tell me it was THAT kind of box!" and wasn't entirely convinced even after I showed him it was for my face. :laughno:

I haven't actually tried it yet, I've been busy with the yard, but tonite I plan on giving myself a 'spa day' when I am done to scrub all the grime off, so I will know then if I like it or not.

I ended up getting my box today. I'm excited to try the cleanser. Overall this is a really great box. I actually got two for some reason. Since I got two, will do a giveaway on MUT for the 2nd box this week. I don't need two and I'm more than happy to gift it to someone else here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up getting my box today. I'm excited to try the cleanser. Overall this is a really great box. I actually got two for some reason. Since I got two, will do a giveaway on MUT for the 2nd box this week. I don't need two and I'm more than happy to gift it to someone else here.
That is so nice for you to do the giveaway! Maybe someone that missed out will get it

That's a great idea! 

I read on facebook that they might be pulling together more boxes and sending to people who missed them (I hope that's true and I hope I'm included in that group).

@ Reija, what a great giveaway for everyone.  I will not enter, I received my May box over the weekend.  Good luck to all the ladies entering!  I can't wait to read some of the posts myself just to see what everyone's favorite box is. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen some posts on reddit from people who also subscribed late in the month. It looks like what happened was older subs were honored before new ones, even if the older ones had been canceled before April. I've subbed off and on for the past year or so. The box should arrive Monday, so I'll know for sure then.
My box arrived, and I did receive the May box. I think there was definitely something weird with their computer and inventory systems that honored older, inactive subs before new subs.

I hope they are trying to send May boxes to people who were long time subscribers.  There were so many complaints on FB and MSA that people lost their spots because of credit card glitches etc. 

I am supposedly getting the mystery bag.  Based on some old threads/ reviews I think it is that bonus item they sent to subscribers in March. In any case I'm dying of suspense.

Man... I really wanted this box. I stopped my no buy for this one. I haven't gotten a shipping email or any kind of notice email. I had to come on here like everyone else and find out from you that I likely won't get the box I paid for. I just signed into my account and it says shipping in 50 days! I'm going to cancel obviously. And i think I will ask for my money back if the June spoilers are bad. This is my birthday month

Thank you @@Reija I just got an email from allure asking how I liked the fragrance I got in the allure box???? ::crickets::
Me too. Their system is all screwed up. Popsugar doesn't ask me to review boxes I haven't received. Guess they'll be asking me to review the May box I'm not getting next.

Oh, now you're teasing me Allure?!  :angry:  First one CS said I will definitely get May box, a week after signing up another CS said I won't get May box for sure, now it's "my May box"? Allure, we need to talk...

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 10.08.23 PM.png

Back