Allure Beauty Box May 2016 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I have been using this page, but "Manage Your Membership" and "Account Information" menus are empty. Only "Manage Your Beauty Profile" and "Your Magazine Subscription" menus are active, the last menu shows my other Conde Nast magazine subscriptions. But there is nothing about the beauty box although I received the order confirmation email when I subscribed and have been charged for it :/

Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 9.32.23 PM.png

Did anybody else have magazine subscription before they created beauty box subscription? I'm afraid this mess-up is because I use the same e-mail for both.
So when you click on the "Manage Your Membership" button nothing drops down? That's just weird. Is it a glitch? Also after the "Welcome," at the top does your name not show up or did you edit it out for privacy reasons? 

So when you click on the "Manage Your Membership" button nothing drops down? That's just weird. Is it a glitch? Also after the "Welcome," at the top does your name not show up or did you edit it out for privacy reasons? 
Yes, nothing shows up when I click on top two (empty) options. The screenshot is with "Manage Your Membership" button clicked, arrow shows down but right side of the page comes completely empty :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes, my full name is shown after "Welcome", I just removed it.

The thing I am more annoyed is before subscribing I got written confirmation from CS that my first box will definitely be May and now they do this without even informing us. 

After reading everyone's comments here I emailed CS as well. I resubbed specifically for the May box and if I am not going to be getting that box I want my money back and I'm cancelling. That is complete BS to do that to subscribers.

I just called  CS after reading the posts on MSA. I was told that new subscribers including myself will not be getting the May box. I cancelled right then and there and asked for my money back. I highly suggest that you call and make sure you are getting the May box if you subbed for this box.

Wow, just now saw all the posts about the May box. MSA is full of a lot of hot tea kettles, almost 300 posts when I checked earlier. I would be upset if I subbed and it to me I would be getting the May box and then an email later telling me it would be June. I am glad that I went ahead and subbed for a year on Allure, I have not been disappointed yet. I do agree that their CS is insane but excited to be getting this month's box. Mine has already shipped.

Wow, just now saw all the posts about the May box. MSA is full of a lot of hot tea kettles, almost 300 posts when I checked earlier. I would be upset if I subbed and it to me I would be getting the May box and then an email later telling me it would be June. I am glad that I went ahead and subbed for a year on Allure, I have not been disappointed yet. I do agree that their CS is insane but excited to be getting this month's box. Mine has already shipped.
Even worse, we didn't get an email from Allure about this. We heard from each other and contacted Allure to hear it :/

Interesting thing happened. When Allure moved accounts from Beauty Bar, I was moved automatically and since then always had been charged by Allure. After April and all that fuss about shipment, I stop my subscription myself and then reactivated again myself online. So if before there was no info at all on my account page, now I can see pretty much everything: when they charged the card, my address, etc. It looks like I can also see the shipment day (now it says 1 day), so maybe it will be shipped in a day, not sure for the moment.

As I re-activated my account, I asked the rep online just now if I get May box and she said yes. My card charge has been posted, it is not in pending transactions.

And yes, I have both subscriptions to the box and the magazine. But i have to use my account # to log in into the box page and the e-mail address to access the mag. The page layouts are different as well. 

I called to query the status of my two boxes and also asked about possible compensation for the misunderstanding. I was lucky enough to be offered a previous box or a curated makeup bag for both accounts so they've redeemed themselves. Better inventory management is definitely required though.

Interesting thing happened. When Allure moved accounts from Beauty Bar, I was moved automatically and since then always had been charged by Allure. After April and all that fuss about shipment, I stop my subscription myself and then reactivated again myself online. So if before there was no info at all on my account page, now I can see pretty much everything: when they charged the card, my address, etc. It looks like I can also see the shipment day (now it says 1 day), so maybe it will be shipped in a day, not sure for the moment.

As I re-activated my account, I asked the rep online just now if I get May box and she said yes. My card charge has been posted, it is not in pending transactions.

And yes, I have both subscriptions to the box and the magazine. But i have to use my account # to log in into the box page and the e-mail address to access the mag. The page layouts are different as well. 
I just went through exactly the same thing. Before I could not see anything on my account page, but now that I resubscribed so I will be charged under Allure, I can see it all.

I also happened to choose April to cancel & immediately resubscribed. However, because of doing this I will be getting the June box, not the May box. I had to live chat to get this information. Completely unprofessional, especially since I signed up with May still being advertised. I specifically asked when I was canceling my first order to make sure I would still get May by resubscribing, and was told I would. Super annoying to know that if I had stayed subscribed I would have gotten it. Then again, since I was still billed by BeautyBar, I probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway!

I asked about the order date vs ship date on my page and the person through live chat told me "Our programmers are working on fixing the Customer Care page. The 'ship date' is actually your order date." Total BS. My shipment day has said 1 day for a week.

They said they're sending out a complimentary box to make up for it. But I didn't get any indication if it will be a previous month's box or the little two piece New Year's gift they sent me to make up for not getting that CoverGirl box (another fiasco with BeautyBar vs Allure billing). If it's a previous month's box, I'll have already gotten it. They don't seem to understand how to take care of long term subscribers. We're the ones constantly putting $ into them month after month! At least send out an e-mail saying you're not getting the box you signed up for!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a nightmare with this box the past two months..I tend to use rechargeable visa for these beauty boxes so I am not stuck with an accidental duplicate of a 6 month or yearly charge on my main accounts. The past two months they have charged the old card despite me changing the data online resulting in me being bumped from that month's box. The second time I happened I called and was told my card was being charged for the may box that week (was still showing april online since this was in MARCH) when in fact it didn't go through until the standard 28th date in april, resulting in yet another missed box since I updated cards again between those times. I guess I still have $16.09-monthly fees on a trashed card. :angry:

Since I like the box well enough, I went ahead and gifted myself a 6 month sub, which hopefully will charge through in a timely manner and not get rejected since I only put enough for each month on these. (monthly fees, which should never happen since I plan this out for each month, have been what have caused it to be rejected)

What is strange, is that this has NEVER been an issue until this year. Whatever they did to change their billing system SUCKS.

I ordered May just to get the foreo, called to cancel if I wasnt going to get it and the response I got was that mine was "hold" status... which meant they didnt know If I was going to get it or not so I couldnt cancel yet. I feel like they might have lied? When I see others getting them If they dont respond I will try to get a refund or dispute on the CC since I ordered MAY.

I caved.  I let them send me the weird mystery box for May.  The clerk on the phone said it has a value of around $50.  Ten dollars for two boxes isn't bad. I can't imagine it will be full of leftover junk unless they want us all to quit en masse.  I was so sad about the foreo I ended up buying a Neutrogena dermabrasion doodad over the weekend. It takes AA batteries and is pretty amazing. I will probably cancel after June though.  

This year shipping and billing is a HUGE mess. It would be decent to apologize and have at least the story straight. If their system sucks, just stick to this version but their reps have no idea of what is going on, so they are feeding us with all types of crappy excuses.

I honestly do not expect May box so will ask for a refund in a week.

I remember there was a problem with Beauty bar when they oversold and kept you on hold for future boxes. Allure is trying so hard to get new subscribers and screws up all the time :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Omg what a mess. I'm also a caught in the not getting a May box situation too. My debit card was fraudulently charged last month (by Groupon) and I had to cancel my card. I didn't get my new card in time to update my billing info, so I won't be getting the May box either.

I'm a little (more like a LOT) bummed.

Wow, some of the FB and MSA posts are out of control.
 II think it's because we are reading each other's stories of frustration. If this happened in the 90s or early 00s we'd be in the dark about customer service responses varying greatly, people being double charged, and longtime subscribers missing out because of credit card mixups and site glitches. It's not just "this crappy thing happened to me" but this company did a bunch of jerky things to a large number of customers. How dare they! 

II think it's because we are reading each other's stories of frustration. If this happened in the 90s or early 00s we'd be in the dark about customer service responses varying greatly, people being double charged, and longtime subscribers missing out because of credit card mixups and site glitches. It's not just "this crappy thing happened to me" but this company did a bunch of jerky things to a large number of customers. How dare they! 
Right, I guess they're offering some people free boxes as a way to placate them but I didn't get an offer for a free box when I called. Probably because I didn't pitch a fit on the phone and just called to update my card. 

Right, I guess they're offering some people free boxes as a way to placate them but I didn't get an offer for a free box when I called. Probably because I didn't pitch a fit on the phone and just called to update my card. 
have you actually had your card updated, though? I keep having the old card charged, it's like nothing is sticking that was entered after 1/31/16..they are charging a card that hasn't been in use since last year. I keep updating, but it isn't going through..

have you actually had your card updated, though? I keep having the old card charged, it's like nothing is sticking that was entered after 1/31/16..they are charging a card that hasn't been in use since last year. I keep updating, but it isn't going through..
I called last night and updated it.

Back