Allure Beauty Box May 2016 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, I love this "This box for this price is the equivalent of a pony for Christmas."

Someone also on MSA said they feel like it's when Oprah would give her audience her favorite things and they would go crazy.

I posted this on MSA, but thought I would add it here too:

My sister ordered on 4/22, well before they said the box was no longer available and she called to verify since she had problems getting into her account (it did not recognize her email) and they told her they had no record of her receiving the May box, that her first box would be June. She asked for a refund she was so annoyed and they credited it back.

So I called about my account. I ordered on 4/12, before they announced the Foreo – guess what, I’m not getting the May box neither, the rep said there was an issue with the May box. I was so pissed I asked them to cancel the Beauty Box and asked if they could refund the Beauty Thrills Box, which they did. I’m not ordering from them again unless they can prove they don’t have these issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
@@aihutch - So sorry, I wonder how many people will not receive the box.  With advanced warehouse and ordering software I just don't understand how these companies continue to oversell subscriptions. 

Thanks MET! At least on MSA it looks like a good number of us. I noticed they had problems in the past with their current subscribers, so I'm glad at least they aren't messing that up this month!

People got mad at Sephora for taking so long to launch, but I'm glad they did if it means I never have them cancel a box on me.

It looks like quite a few people have had problems with billing and shipping. I've just noticed that Beauty Box has charged me an additional $63.70, and their customer care is closed for the day. Has an extra random charge happened to anyone before? I'm hoping it's a fluke that will magically disappear by Monday, but really doubt it.

It shows as an order placed on 4/28 and an order shipped on 4/28, but no details. I've checked my email, the inbox, spam, and trash folders and there's nothing about a charge posted or an order placed.

@ psysn today people who did pre-orders for the Thrills box have been saying they were double charged.

@ psysn today people who did pre-orders for the Thrills box have been saying they were double charged.
Thank you! I was wondering if that was what the individual box charge would have been. It's weird that the charge shows up as being from Beauty Box and not Beauty Thrills. Hopefully they can solve whatever glitch in the system caused that.

My credit card was charged for Allure Beauty Box today (I subscribed on April 26). So, this means I am getting the May box? I hope so, this box looks phenomenal!

Its true about the new subscriptions.  Allure oversold their May box and a lot of new subscribers won't get May box but the June box. Even if you were charged and sent a confirmation e-mail, or ordered earlier in the month. You may want to contact them if you're expecting the May box and a new subscriber. E-mailed them and yep...got the boot. 

Its true about the new subscriptions.  Allure oversold their May box and a lot of new subscribers won't get May box but the June box. Even if you were charged and sent a confirmation e-mail, or ordered earlier in the month. You may want to contact them if you're expecting the May box and a new subscriber. E-mailed them and yep...got the boot. 
Oh I'm so sorry, that's messed up :/ Did they refund the charge?

I contacted them, let's see what they will say.

Is there a website I can check the status, box contents, etc? The buysub website is showing nothing other than my magazine subs. 

Oh I'm so sorry, that's messed up :/ Did they refund the charge?

I contacted them, let's see what they will say.

Is there a website I can check the status, box contents, etc? The buysub website is showing nothing other than my magazine subs. 
Had to cancel before they would refund the money. They wanted to hold my payment till June for the June box. They really didn't offer anything other than ooppps too many people subscribed. Some people have been offered the February box but I wasn't offered anything. Went ahead and cancelled because seems poorly operated on their side. She also said MOST new subscribers won't be getting the May box but will be getting the June box. There is a magazine link and a link to the actual box, make sure you go to the beauty box site versus Allures site.

btw...a lot of people are also having problems logging into their account. 

There is a magazine link and a link to the actual box, make sure you go to the beauty box site versus Allures site.

btw...a lot of people are also having problems logging into their account.
Can you please give me the link for the correct site and live chat? I can't seem to find them :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm very disappointed with Allure for creating such inconvenience to so many people. The least they could do was to formulate quota/wait list before announcing such a great box or at least treat everyone equally (sorry box to everyone or no box to anyone) :/

UPDATE: Nevermind, I found the chat link. Here it is (under "More Questions?") for the others who can't find it: Allure Live Chat 

Rep said my first box will be June and they are charging 2 months ahead, I immediately cancelled. It sounds weird that their refund process takes a few weeks! It shouldn't take more than 3-5 business days. Anyway, if the refund doesn't appear in 2 weeks, I will resolve it with my bank. 

I am also not getting the May but the June. This is really stupid since on my bank statement it shows me they took the money from my account on April 25. I asked for a refund and for them to cancel my subscription. Though when I looked today my subscription was still active so I cancelled it myself. I better get my refund. I will not be doing anymore business with allure. I'm subscribed to a bunch of different boxes and have never had this problem before! 

I am also not getting the May but the June. This is really stupid since on my bank statement it shows me they took the money from my account on April 25. I asked for a refund and for them to cancel my subscription. Though when I looked today my subscription was still active so I cancelled it myself. I better get my refund. I will not be doing anymore business with allure. I'm subscribed to a bunch of different boxes and have never had this problem before! 
Which link you are using to see your subscription status/cancel?

I just sent them two emails saying that I want my account cancelled. One from their website and one from my gmail account.  I could do it myself from the account page but I want them to know how extremely angry I am. I hope that they lose a ton of business with this crappy bait and switch.  I don't care what is in the June box, I will not be back. This seems to be a new trend in the industry: create a ton of hype but have too little supply to meet the demand.  I'm done with shady businesses. 

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/N3/ALL/beautybox_landing.jsp?cds_page_id=186691&cds_mag_code=ALL&cds_response_key=S5TALB07

I just go to their home page and log in. After you log in it will tell you your account status. 
Thanks. I have been using this page, but "Manage Your Membership" and "Account Information" menus are empty. Only "Manage Your Beauty Profile" and "Your Magazine Subscription" menus are active, the last menu shows my other Conde Nast magazine subscriptions. But there is nothing about the beauty box although I received the order confirmation email when I subscribed and have been charged for it :/

Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 9.32.23 PM.png

Did anybody else have magazine subscription before they created beauty box subscription? I'm afraid this mess-up is because I use the same e-mail for both.

Back