Allure Beauty Box May 2016 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it's just frustrating when you sign up and pay for something and then find out that you aren't getting what you paid for without any notice. It would have been completely different if Allure would have reached out to me and said hey we messed up and offered a solution, but instead we all had to find out through others on social media and we had to call and deal with CS to then find out we weren't getting a box. I wasn't mean to CS and I don't feel there is any reason to get ugly with CS. Those people are catching the brunt of all of this when it wasn't their mess up and they are just doing what they are told to do. Does that give them a right to be rude? Not really, but I would probably be ill as well if I kept getting chewed for something that was out of my control and something that I had no part in. Allure is just not handling this well at all. I honestly did not want an old box or a mystery box. That was a cop out to me to try and convince customers to stay with them. The whole thing seems very dishonest. After this I will never give another dime to Allure.

Right, I guess they're offering some people free boxes as a way to placate them but I didn't get an offer for a free box when I called. Probably because I didn't pitch a fit on the phone and just called to update my card. 
Actually it seems dependent on which clerk you get and what day you call.  I called and got Brandon. All I said was that I read on MSA new subscribers were actually getting the June box, not the May box.  Could he confirm that I was subbed for June. He said that was correct.  When I said I'd like to cancel he offered the mystery bag. I think he was reading off a script.  If I had called Saturday the offer seemed to be a previous month's box or something called the Love Box.  He also reassured me that I won't be charged for July's in May. The only reason I wanted the mystery bag was that as a new subscriber it seemed unlikely I'd be getting a bunch of dupes. 

Probably, but I think anyone who called and ended up wanting to cancel was offered a gift box of some type (mystery/love/past....whatever they're calling it) as a way to keep subscribers because of the oversold May box.

I'm annoyed I'm not getting a May box, because I'm a long time subscriber, going back to winter of 2012 when they were sample society, and had I not had the issue with my card, I probably would have secured at May box because I switched over to Allure in March not making me a "new subscriber."

But I fairly confident that the items I want out of the box will pop up on the swaps or eBay.

Probably, but I think anyone who called and ended up wanting to cancel was offered a gift box of some type (mystery/love/past....whatever they're calling it) as a way to keep subscribers because of the oversold May box.
I am not offered any form of box/apology. The CS rep "Lynne D" on the live chat was rather rude although I was very polite and patient with the whole situation. When I said I do not want to be charged for something that I may get in 2 months, she cancelled immediately, there was no sign of empathy.

I do not like this double standard, if they have a solution they should offer it to everyone and the treatment we get should be uniform.

I am not offered any form of box/apology. The CS rep "Lynne D" on the live chat was rather rude although I was very polite and patient with the whole situation. When I said I do not want to be charged for something that I may get in 2 months, she cancelled immediately, there was no sign of empathy.

I do not like this double standard, if they have a solution they should offer it to everyone and the treatment we get should be uniform.
While agree it should be the same for everyone, I've seen lots of sub box screw ups over the year and what seems to be consistent is these boxes CS is inconsistent. 

Oh, boy! Looks like Allure is mockering us. Just got an e-mail titled "your first look at May's beauty box". They screwed up a lot of subscribers and sending out an e-mail like this... I don't know what they are thinking.

I was told I would get the May box but probably not so soon as they apologized for the delay in shipment. Last month they said it would never happen again :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So sad they can't get a grip :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the content of boxes is good.

I have no idea if the editor-in-chief has smth to do with all the beauty boxes idea but all the mess started when they fired Linda Wells.

Oh, boy! Looks like Allure is mockering us. Just got an e-mail titled "your first look at May's beauty box". They screwed up a lot of subscribers and sending out an e-mail like this... I don't know what they are thinking.

I was told I would get the May box but probably not so soon as they apologized for the delay in shipment. Last month they said it would never happen again :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So sad they can't get a grip :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the content of boxes is good.

I have no idea if the editor-in-chief has smth to do with all the beauty boxes idea but all the mess started when they fired Linda Wells.
Ugh!  I got the taunting email as well. It even had a picture of all the stuff I'm missing out on.  We never actually received any apology or notification emails either.  If I wasn't constantly on this website and MSA I'd be sitting around still thinking a May box was on its way.  And it was reading the comments that put me on the idea of calling to cancel to see if I'd get offered some sort of consolation prize. 

So I subscribed on April 28, and I just got a shipping notification email! I hadn't gotten around to contacting CS about the status of my subscription since I am in the middle of a move, and was also curious to see if they'd actually reach out on their own. I will update once I receive the box and see whether it is actually May's box...

My box showed up already. Most of the products are not full size. It's still a great box and I'm looking forward to seeing if that Equitance spot corrector will actually work on these monster freckle clusters.

This is everything...Except the Nail polish everything is travel size/deluxe sample...even the lipstick. But overall the box is good...

Allure Beauty Box.JPG

I liked everything. I prefer mini lipsticks to the big sizes as I always keep one in the car, my purses. Liked the color as well. I also use Cotz with 30SPF so definitely thumbs up for the mini size (5g) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Will try foreo even though I have Clarisonic, great travel option. I got it in pink. Cleansears are 15 ml each.

After last month it is a great box that arrived early, even though I did not expect I could get it.

I got the May box from the 6 month gift sub my husband bought me today AND they tried to charge my card again. I think I have the two accounts linked now, and I was pleasantly surprised to get the May box, but man what a mess, esp for people who have been long time subscribers or others who were told they were getting May and didn't..I was told June in the confirmation, too! :blink:

Hey ladies, can you let me know if you like how the Foreo Play works? If it's good I'll get it from Foreo or Sephora. Thanks!
I am not sure if I like or not. In comparison with clarisonic it is very very gentle. I tried with a night cleanser that came in the box, it didn't even foam. Either I am doing smth wrong, or I should try with a different cleanser. Or maybe I just got used to the way clarisonic works. Hopefully smb else can give you a better review :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
So I subscribed on April 28, and I just got a shipping notification email! I hadn't gotten around to contacting CS about the status of my subscription since I am in the middle of a move, and was also curious to see if they'd actually reach out on their own. I will update once I receive the box and see whether it is actually May's box...
I hope you get your box. I really do. However it really won't make any sense since I was told I wasn't going to get mine and I subscribed on April 23. This Allure situation has given me an angry twitchy eye. I just don't understand them. Meanwhile my inbox is filled with their daily newsletter consisting of "interesting beauty tips that you have never thought of" except it's just the same boring crap I've been looking at since I was thirteen. No really tell me more about how red lipstick is in this season. It totally hasn't been for the past fifty years. Something interesting I would have liked to of known was that I wouldn't be getting a box for May. 

Back