Allure Beauty Enthusiasts

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my lipstick to test today!!  I'm really excited to use it.  And guess what!!  It literally smells like raspberries.  Not a fake berry smell or anything, but actual raspberries.  At least to me.  But anyway, I'm just glad its here.

Kind of bummed...I got two surveys, one about lipstick and one about skincare. And apparently I didn't qualify for either! 

I've been signed up for almost a year & these are the first surveys I've ever gotten. 

I got my lipstick to test today!!  I'm really excited to use it.  And guess what!!  It literally smells like raspberries.  Not a fake berry smell or anything, but actual raspberries.  At least to me.  But anyway, I'm just glad its here.
Hmm, mine really doesn't have a smell. Of course, it could be my allergies! I wish mine did smell like raspberries though!

I have to laugh at the very specific application directions.  And then ignore them.  Apply to my upper lip first?  No way.  I apply glosses to my bottom lip and then press/rub my lips together.  It's automatic at this point.  And for some reason, when it comes to glosses, I apply *only* to my bottom lip and distribute to the top by pressing my lips together.  I didn't realize this until this evening when I tried to follow their directions and had to start over because it just felt *wrong* to do it their way.  (Yes, I'm *that* kind of OCD.)

(And mine smells faintly of peaches mixed with that distinctive L'Oreal lipstick smell that made me stop using this brand more than twenty years ago.  I guess I'll see if I can handle it all day tomorrow.)

I'm really sorry; I'm new to this. Is this program free? Do you have to submit any verification that you are a makeup artist or anything? 

(removed blog link per TOS - magicalmom)

Last edited by a moderator:
Che. The last item I actually got to trial was a Vichy product about three years ago. Ever since then, I've only ever gotten the enter to win surveys, or nothing at all.

Meh, oh well. I actually tend to forget I am even enrolled in this program, so I guess it doesn't matter. It's a bummer though, because when I first enrolled years and years ago, we got so many product trials!

I did just get an e-mail about them revamping the program - wonder if this will increase the possibility of trials? I know it was the last revamp that seemed to lessen them for me.

I just got into a haircolor refreshing gloss test. My first thing from them!

Whoa not much action here for a long time! I (and my hubby) were accepted into a fragrance trial, I am really looking forward to it. No mention of what type of scent we'll even be trying but even if it is deodorant I am super down with that, LOL!

It has been literally so long since I got to try something from them, I wondered if they even used the Enthusiasts program to trial new products. Maybe there will be more upcoming in the new year?

A couple of months ago, I had a trial for a hair product. So it seems like they are still doing it, but maybe few and far between.

Just received an invite today for Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night Moisturizers sweepstake. Anyone else get the same thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a Garnier charcoal mask today. It's a one week trial for oily skin. Glasses = oily skin. I'd have less issues if I went back to contacts.

Back