Allure Beauty Enthusiasts

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEA!! I have been waiting for this one! I have canceled all my other subs, been on a no buy, decluttering, throwing away expired and old items like I am supposed to! I am still using things from my last Allure Beauty Box. The items are all things I normally use, but this upcoming Winter 2013 box looks a little heavy on the nail polish.

Just got an email announcing the beauty box.

I don't usually buy things like this. But I'm VERY Tempeted to take advantage of this offer. There are a few products that I know will be duds for me, but I might treat myself anyway.

Does anyone know how quickly these go? How long to I have to make my decision before they run out?

Just got an email announcing the beauty box. I don't usually buy things like this. But I'm VERY Tempeted to take advantage of this offer. There are a few products that I know will be duds for me, but I might treat myself anyway. Does anyone know how quickly these go? How long to I have to make my decision before they run out?
They sell out quick, probably on the same day it goes live! Nov, 19. 12 EST

Way too much nail polish for the box for me. I was hoping for deeply amazing hair and body moisture treatments. Oh well. Saves me $50!

Has anyone received their box yet, if you ordered? Mine supposedly shipped on the 4th, but I think it got caught in all the bad weather down here in Texas. 

I got the "Big Reveal" email for the facial skincare product I did a trial for a few months ago. It was Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the "Big Reveal" email for the facial skincare product I did a trial for a few months ago. It was Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Ditto. I had emailed a week+ ago asking for a product name and was told to hold on a tiny bit more. Then bam!

I love the hydrating treatment. It's not at all like Josie Maran's standard argan in a good way. And with a hefty trial sample and using 3 drops a time, I'm set for quite a while and know what to get when I'm out.

Just had a survey for a lip product trial. First survey since I signed up! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I got that yesterday! I hope I make it in.

Oh, wait, I should have checked my email before posting: I got in! This email revealed the specific brand and product, and I had guessed the brand yesterday based entirely on the packaging in the survey, and I was right! Now I just hope it's a shade I can coordinate with my clothes for the duration of the trial. I don't like it when my colors are off-balance. They don't have to match, but they need to work together.

Oh, wait, I should have checked my email before posting: I got in! This email revealed the specific brand and product, and I had guessed the brand yesterday based entirely on the packaging in the survey, and I was right! Now I just hope it's a shade I can coordinate with my clothes for the duration of the trial. I don't like it when my colors are off-balance. They don't have to match, but they need to work together.
Maybe your survey was different from mine - I just got it today, around 5pm, and I had to choose a color in the survey. 

Glad you posted this, I just checked my email and I got in too!!  I'm excited to get this, and yup I could totally guess the brand from the packaging too.

Maybe your survey was different from mine - I just got it today, around 5pm, and I had to choose a color in the survey. 
That sounds like the survey I received yesterday.  The part where I had to pick the color showed the product packaging.  I think the color names were Blushing Harmony, Coral Elegance, and…  I'm drawing a blank on the red.  Oh, wait, I found the product on the L'Oreal site.  Ruby Opera.  That was the third one.  And the coral one is Coral Encore.  I'm looking forward to trying this for free because the last time I bought a L'Oreal lip product, I tossed it after three days because I hated the smell.  That was…  over twenty years ago, I think.  I could be convinced to start using L'Oreal again if it turned out they changed the scent of their lip products, but I'm not shelling out money to do so.

Never heard of this particular test group before... just went to the website to sign up, but looks like they've frozen new signups for a few weeks while they "update the website"....

Oh well!  Hopefully I'll get something cool in the future  B)

(BTW, in case anyone was wondering, I found a YouTube review of this stuff that was posted in February, and it's available at Ulta, Walgreens, and probably more places I didn't retain once I registered that this is something that's already on the market.  It's definitely not like the eyeliner trial I did for the L'Oreal consumer testing panel where they didn't even give the pencil a shade name!)

If you have UPS my choice check it. My lipstick tracking just showed up, estimated delivery is the 17th. 

Back