Allure Fall Beauty Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm, not sure about this one.  Lots of drug store stuff.  I had been thinking I'd get 2 this time and give one to my mom, but it doesn't excite me much.  I might get one, just because it's a lot of stuff I'd use but nothing that wows.

They didn't offer presales to enthusiasts ?  At least I didn't get an invite this time
I think the only offer was that you could pay for all of this year's boxes up front.  They've never had any sort of "early access" for enthusiasts.

This box looks like a better mix of products, though it's still pretty hair heavy.  I'm glad I didn't go for the pre-sale deal.  I'm passing on this one, too.

Value is definitely less. It is usually over $300. I think I will pass too many things I don't need,but would feel like I have to use them if I bought the box. I am  still working my way through the hair products from the last box. Also too many of the hair products for color treated hair which I don't have. No big ticket item or two that you can say that pays for the box and everything else is extra. I love the boxes I have gotten and will be looking forward to the next one. Good luck to everyone who tries to get one. If you will use the products it is worth it.

I have mixed feelings about this one as well. I feel like if I bought it, I would definitely use most of the products but nothing really jumps out at me or wows me. Bummer, I missed out on the last box and was really looking forward to seeing the spoilers for this box. Guess I need a little more enabling to decide if I try and grab this one. lol.

Value is definitely less. It is usually over $300. I think I will pass too many things I don't need,but would feel like I have to use them if I bought the box. I am  still working my way through the hair products from the last box. Also too many of the hair products for color treated hair which I don't have. No big ticket item or two that you can say that pays for the box and everything else is extra. I love the boxes I have gotten and will be looking forward to the next one. Good luck to everyone who tries to get one. If you will use the products it is worth it.
Yeah, highest value item is the Redken which is for blonde hair <_<

The retail value is approx. $217, but I put it all into a spreadsheet and figured the value, to me, is about $68.  Not worth trying to unload all the extra product I won't use.

The more I look at this one, the more unsure I am.  At first I thought I would definitely purchase it, but the more I looked at the actual products, the more meh it becomes.  I wanted to love it, but I really don't.  So, maybe it is time I try a couple of those Meme boxes I keep hearing so much about.  It appears most people aren't too thrilled with this box, I wonder if it will be easier to get this time around? 

There is not to much in the  box I would like to  use. Nothing pops out at me. I have ordered the last few boxes I am sitting this one out . I actually have a lot of the items in this box.

Def not getting it. I guess I should be relieved that I won't have to stalk the release time for the box :/ ...I'm just not interested in most of this at all. I might use it, eventually, but it's the type of thing I can easily pick up on sale at the drugstore or Walmart.

I was expecting a much more exciting (and higher value) box I think.

I waited an extra month for this? I thought they would be spending that month sourcing something exciting. I'm sad, but OK that I'm getting this box. Everything will get used. But there's nothing that's like, "OMG, I've been dying to try this" like the other boxes. I wish at least one thing popped.

Yeah, I saw the spoiler and was just like, oh. With everyone talking about the Summer one, I was expecting something really special. But as others have said, I can find all this in a drugstore or Target. Or in the case of the Cetaphil, Costco! Nothing exciting, so I'm going to pass.

I'm on the fence.... stupid that the Redkin bottle is only for blondes!  I love hair stuff and I've been wanting to try the "no light needed" gel polishes, but then again, I'll never use the face scrub and I certainly won't use the straight hair stuff (the reviews on Amazon say it stinks REALLY bad).  I'll use the face masks and cleansers.  I love the brush and all the hair stuff... arg!  Sooo on the fence.

I'm actually really happy nothing in this box stands out to me.  I either already own the item, or don't think it would be a good fit for me.  Now I can put the money saved toward my vacation in September.  It feels so odd to be happy that this is a "pass" box.  :blink:

So, I read on another site that Enthusiasts get to purchase 3 days before it goes on sale to the general public.  Is this true?  I had never heard this before.  I thought the only presale was to buy all 3 boxes. 

Back