Allure Fall Beauty Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to access it last night.  I think it was the Tres Semme product, they are now sending the new straightening kit that is supposed to give 7 day results.  At least I think that is what it was.

I was able to access it last night.  I think it was the Tres Semme product, they are now sending the new straightening kit that is supposed to give 7 day results.  At least I think that is what it was.
Two straightening kits? My goodness, I wish I had curly hair.

I just got an email about the next box which goes on sale the 26th.  Just wanted to check with you all to ask your thoughts on the previous boxes.  Is everything actually full size, do you think the box is worth it?

do you think the box is worth it?

Speaking for myself, I'd rather take the 45 dollars and splurge on make-up I might not normally get.  My own personal heroine is high end lipsticks, so I'd probably convince myself that this 40 bucks was free money towards a Guerlain Rouge G or YSL Volupte.  Or maybe I'll try Birchbox for 3 months.

I think the monetary value is there, but I get beauty boxes for the chance to try out things I can't find locally, and this looks like regular old Walgreens/Mart stuff. 

I just got an email about the next box which goes on sale the 26th.  Just wanted to check with you all to ask your thoughts on the previous boxes.  Is everything actually full size, do you think the box is worth it?
I think it's worth it if you (or your household) will use most of the products. Otherwise the value might not be worth it for you if you're only using a few items that could cost less to buy individually.

Speaking for myself, I'd rather take the 45 dollars and splurge on make-up I might not normally get.  My own personal heroine is high end lipsticks, so I'd probably convince myself that this 40 bucks was free money towards a Guerlain Rouge G or YSL Volupte.  Or maybe I'll try Birchbox for 3 months.

I think the monetary value is there, but I get beauty boxes for the chance to try out things I can't find locally, and this looks like regular old Walgreens/Mart stuff. 
Actually, that price covers 4 months plus of BirchBox. Or maybe more if you go for a longer-term sub. As an enabler, I should note that BB has a special now with annual subs that gives you a free pick-2 and a free Beauty Blender + a deluxe sample of the solid blender cleanser. 

Man, I wish this had been around when I bought my annual sub. I heart my BBs. I have more than one and rotate their use. 

As for me, I chose to spend some of the money I would have used for this on a few goodies from the BB shop. (Yay points. I love BB points.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you need to go through the box and add up what you will use. I have bought 3 of these and the value was great because I used all but one or two items. This time I am sadly passing because there are just not enough things I will use. I have straight non colored hair. There are also other things I wouldn't use or just don't need right now.

If there are things you would use get it, if not pass. They are full sizes.

Ok, so I'll tell you how I found it since I'm getting bombed on FB asking for the link. I won't share the link but I'll share how I found the link.

Go to http://www.allurebeautyboxpromo.com and you'll see COMING SOON! on the page. Depending on your browser, right-click on the page and click on View Page Source. This is going to open the HTML page with all the info that's currently hidden. If you know how to read HTML you'll be able to find the link easily, if you don't then I'll give you a clue what to look for. Look for the word CART. The link to the purchase page is among the html for the CART. The link is not an active link (again depending on your browser, I use FF and so it's an inactive link among active links) so you'll need to copy and paste that link. When you copy/paste and go to that page you'll see a weird little page that says "Your Order. Items 1" this also confirms that people are being allowed to make ONE purchase. Click on the Allure Beauty Box - Fall link on that page and it'll take you to the real page to purchase. Now you won't be able to click on the Add To Cart but it IS added to the cart so you'll need to go back to the first page and find the link to the CART again, from there the item will now be in your cart so you can place your order from there.

Ok, so I'll tell you how I found it since I'm getting bombed on FB asking for the link. I won't share the link but I'll share how I found the link.

Go to http://www.allurebeautyboxpromo.com and you'll see COMING SOON! on the page. Depending on your browser, right-click on the page and click on View Page Source. This is going to open the HTML page with all the info that's currently hidden. If you know how to read HTML you'll be able to find the link easily, if you don't then I'll give you a clue what to look for. Look for the word CART. The link to the purchase page is among the html for the CART. The link is not an active link (again depending on your browser, I use FF and so it's an inactive link among active links) so you'll need to copy and paste that link. When you copy/paste and go to that page you'll see a weird little page that says "Your Order. Items 1" this also confirms that people are being allowed to make ONE purchase. Click on the Allure Beauty Box - Fall link on that page and it'll take you to the real page to purchase. Now you won't be able to click on the Add To Cart but it IS added to the cart so you'll need to go back to the first page and find the link to the CART again, from there the item will now be in your cart so you can place your order from there.
@@zadidoll I did what you said but when I click on it, it says Screenshot_37.png

Do you think it is already sold out, or I am just doing it wrong?

@@Queennie I'm getting the same thing you are with the "sold out" page...we both did the same thing wrong lol

Nope, looks like it's either sold out or they removed it from being sold right now. lol That's why I didn't want to post the link in the first place because I knew once I did people would start sharing it and it'd be sold out.

I wish there wasn't so much hair stuff.  Ten items...  /sigh

It makes it not worth it for me, at least.

It's definitely worth the price if you'll use the items.

If not, I'm with whoever mentioned that it was 4 months of Birchbox :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Or Ipsy..  

or 3 months of glorious Sample Society with that full size $85 Restorsea Eye Cream in September!

Back