Allure Sample Society October 2014 Spoilers and Discussion!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so excited to open my October box wehn I got home from vacation last night and was so sad when it was a repeat september box!  I emailed customer care today and they are shipping the right box for monday but yeah I was bummed.  I do love the porefection though so this was a bonus. 

glad customer service was easy to deal with

So I got my box the other day and I decided to try my perfume sample this morning (Chinatown). For a such expensive perfume I'm not really impressed. First, the smell is nothing amazing and second barely lasted for couple hours. The shampoo, conditioner and EL are pretty small sizes. Hair ties not really my thing in subscription boxes. I hope the mascara is good.

I don't think there's a November thread up, but I just saw this in an Allure email:

The October box from Allure's beauty-sampling program is out, and people are going crazy for the Estée Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Bond No. 9, L'Oréal Paris, and Emi-Jay samples stuffed inside. Sign up now and you'll get the November box! (Two words: Malin + Goetz...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm.....something to keep an eye on.  We got the Malin & Goetz lip balm in glossybox recently.  I have been saving it for the cooler months.  If its something else, I may sign up again just to see what else this brand is up to.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I hated the lip M&G product, it felt like Vaseline, until I got really sick and my lips were so chapped they started splitting. I used this and it was sooo helpful! I also have tried the M&G moisturizer, it was nice lightweight and absorb quickly. Also it's fragrance free, which I love.    

I wish I could stay strong and say I wasn't going to sign back up, but I probably will... I really do enjoy SS. They just were not on their game in October.

I hated the lip M&G product, it felt like Vaseline, until I got really sick and my lips were so chapped they started splitting. I used this and it was sooo helpful! I also have tried the M&G moisturizer, it was nice lightweight and absorb quickly. Also it's fragrance free, which I love.
I got it somewhere else (Glosybox?).  Loved it -- it really helped with lips that had been damaged from a reaction to some other product (something with SPF, I forget what exactly).  I was sad to run out but I'm unlikely to resubscribe to SS just to get it.  I think Birchbox sells it and I have a lot of points accumulated.

I received 2 of the Mojito lip products from glossybox and a few of the moisturizers in a old box sale from SS.

M+G peppermint shower gel has been on my wishlist for a while. Actually, I could use some more shower gel anyway. Here's hoping!

I have been using the M+G lip stuff for about a year.  It is the only lip product that keeps my lips from getting dry and cracking in the winter.  It does have a really thick consistency but I only use it at night so it doesn't bother me.  I would love another tube of it.  It's the only M+G product I've tried though, so I am definitely open to trying something else.

Has anyone noticed that they moved the comments for Septembers box to the section of the photos of Octobers box on Facebook pushing all of the negative comments down?  I'm disappointed in how they have chosen to handle the EL size "miscommunication" and then doing this.  I've always thought highly of Beauty Bar, but their choices in handling this situation creates trust issues for me.

I have been using the M+G lip stuff for about a year. It is the only lip product that keeps my lips from getting dry and cracking in the winter. It does have a really thick consistency but I only use it at night so it doesn't bother me. I would love another tube of it. It's the only M+G product I've tried though, so I am definitely open to trying something else.
It actually really works for me, too.  I had used the Coola (?) SPF stuff from the Birchbox LE Mermaid box for a couple of weeks, thinking SPF for the lips would be a good thing.  And it really messed up my lips, made them all dry and peeling and gross.  I guess I was allergic or something.  So I tried the M+G and it healed them right up.  I was sorry to run out of that.  But I will probably just get more with BB points, rather than signing up for Sample Society again (especially since we don't know what specific M+G product is in the box).

It actually really works for me, too.  I had used the Coola (?) SPF stuff from the Birchbox LE Mermaid box for a couple of weeks, thinking SPF for the lips would be a good thing.  And it really messed up my lips, made them all dry and peeling and gross.  I guess I was allergic or something.  So I tried the M+G and it healed them right up.  I was sorry to run out of that.  But I will probably just get more with BB points, rather than signing up for Sample Society again (especially since we don't know what specific M+G product is in the box).
I feel your pain!  I used a Maybelline Baby Lips balm with sunscreen while on vacation a few months ago and after 1 day of use my lips were bright red, swollen, and peeling.  It was so painful.  I can use Jack Black balm with sunscreen with no problem but that Baby Lips tore my lips up!

I went ahead and cancelled my other box, too.

The way they handled the Estee Lauder sizing mistake really irked me. "Slightly" smaller, jeezus.

Plus, the responses I got to my emails were just ridiculous. One of them even said I shouldn't believe everything I saw on the internet! WTF? Another said the shampoo and conditioner were add-ons to make up for it. Oh, so we would have only gotten 4 items of the EL cream had been 30 mls? Dolts. 

I know full well I'll probably resub, ( have been wanting to try the M&G lip balm, so if that's what it is, I will for sure) but it was kind of satisfying to to reply to their obviously b*llsh*t emails with a cancellation request. 

I went ahead and cancelled my other box, too.

The way they handled the Estee Lauder sizing mistake really irked me. "Slightly" smaller, jeezus.

Plus, the responses I got to my emails were just ridiculous. One of them even said I shouldn't believe everything I saw on the internet! WTF? Another said the shampoo and conditioner were add-ons to make up for it. Oh, so we would have only gotten 4 items of the EL cream had been 30 mls? Dolts.

I know full well I'll probably resub, ( have been wanting to try the M&G lip balm, so if that's what it is, I will for sure) but it was kind of satisfying to to reply to their obviously b*llsh*t emails with a cancellation request.
So far, their behavior and teaser does not sway me to resubscribe

Are you kidding me!?!?! More like you shouldn't believe anything WE say! That really p's me off!

Back