Allure Sample Society October 2014 Spoilers and Discussion!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I get to keep mine too! Funny, the multiple box thing has happened to me twice now with Boxycharm. Not that I am complaining, but these shipping departments...
Yes, it is crazy. When the UPS guy came to my door with the 3 boxes, he started scanning them and said wait a minute theses are all duplicates. I felt quilty about keeping them so I called them and the girl wanted to send me shipping labels to return them. I ended up telling her to charge me for them and I gave them as gifts. Next time I will keep my mouth shut, LOL. Just kidding, I would probably feel bad doing that.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason I thought someone got two boxes last month, or in August and was asked to return one of them.

Or perhaps I haven't had enough Red Bull yet this morning!
Dunno, but if this happens to me ever, I will tell them to pay me for my time and gas to mail something back. Let alone the postage. And My time is not cheap. Lol....

Not home yet, but I will see when I get there what box I got. I do want my Estee Lader, so it better be Octobers.

Oh gosh...... How many of those did they send out? I got a September box myself! Groan.....

Do you know that I already have 7 of the pore perfection already? This makes 8!

Edited to add.... Got email response already and a new order has been generated. It better not be September again or any other month. But with the way Allure has been messing up, I am not all that convinced that the new box will be uncomplicated.

They certainly have been messing up royally, huh?

Oh and it looks like us folks that got our boxes later than the others were involved in the mixup.

Aww wish they had sent me september's. This was my first month.
Yeah it was a good box to anticipate getting. But you really didn't miss out by not getting the eye cream. It did nothing for me and may have actually created skin issues.

But yeah you would have ended up with two boxes. Me I am swamped on boxes so getting two will just crap up my dresser/drawers even more. LOL.... I already filed my first box away. I hope my daughter visits soon.... I am making goody bags for some co-workers from my warehouse sale boxes. I love giving stuff away. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm normally not a fan of the elastic hair ties that are all the rage now.  I have a shoulder length bob of very fine hair, but I have a ton of it.  My go-to's are Goody Ouchless heavy duty elastics, because those are the only ones that won't slide out of my hair and take awhile to break.  I got some other tied hair things in a Birchbox and tried them out before I cut off 9 inches and they refused to stay in my hair and were completely stretched out after about 3 uses.  I'm trying out the Emi Jay ones now and they feel a bit more heavy duty, but we shall see.

I don't mind the shampoo and condition, other than I wish it wasn't drugstore.  I also don't mind the size of the Estee Lauder, but it was a huge mistake on their part to give the impression that it was going to be full sized.

I don't know if I think this particular box was worth $15. I'm fine with sample sizes, rather than full sized, at that price, as long as the samples are from high end brands.  That's why I signed up for this box.

I don't know if I think this particular box was worth $15. I'm fine with sample sizes, rather than full sized, at that price, as long as the samples are from high end brands.  That's why I signed up for this box.
Well, for $6 more I can get some full sized items that are a bit more high end with glossybox. I am having a rough time deciding. Oh what to do....

I really like GB, but and it's a big BUT...You have to unsub prior to the 15th the month before you want to cancel. For example if you want to end in Nov. you have to cancel  by Oct. 15 and no one even has their Oct. box by the 15th. 

I'm on a year sub at $11 per month and it's totally worth that. I don't think I will ever go month to month with them because of the ridiculous cancellation policy.  

*also you can get the box for $18.25 with ebates

Well, for $6 more I can get some full sized items that are a bit more high end with glossybox. I am having a rough time deciding. Oh what to do....
I will wait to see what sub box deals are available during cyber Monday - from what I've heard there are great deals :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
After canceling several boxes in the last months I currently have Ipsy and Graze - I will probably resubscribe to ELF for the November/December box but their last box wasn't anything I could use.

SS has to have a great (truthful) spoiler to get me back (Butter London would be great)

When I saw the spoilers, I thought this would be an ok box.  Then I received it today.  What a total disappointment.  The perfume (Bond No. 9) smells ucky (and I like getting perfume samples!), the Estee Lauder thing is really small (and I totally need this for my melasma but would like enough to see if it would actually work or not), the Shampoo and Conditioner are a no go (I highlight and color my hair), and the hair ties are almost worthless (I MIGHT wear them as a bracelet - my hair is too short for ponytails).  Sigh.  I hope we have better luck next month!

my favorite thing in the box is the bond no. 9 perfume. It was wrapped up all pretty but when I opened it, it was a little less than half full. it doesn't smell like it leaked or anything. pretty bummed about that. I do love the shampoo/conditioner, I can throw it in my gym bag. I have so many mascara's from my sub boxes but I'm totally okay with that lol. the cream is worth a try but I normally don't notice a difference when it comes to those things. and the hair ties are just kinda there...meh

WIN_20141014_130401 (2).JPG

Oh,that Bon Bon should be full! I've gotten over a dozen of them in the last few years and have never had one half empty like that. That's a shame. 

Vials do evaporate over time and it makes me wonder if Bond unloaded a bunch of old stock??

I love that Bond perfume! It smells so good! I am still hoping next month is a much better box! This one was ok, the perfume was the highlight for me. I am happy to try the mascara and the EL. The hair ties seen to be holding my very thick, slippery hair better than anything else I have ever tried, so I am happy about that! The shampoo/conditioner are still a disappointment, but I will use them so not a total bust.

I got my October box today (I was one who got a 2nd September box at first) and here are my thoughts:

Bond - I got High Line, and I don't care for it. I like getting perfume samples, but I don't usually do well with things that have that typical perfumey floral smell, and to me, this does!  I think Chinatown would have been more up my alley, but it was nice to try a fragrance by them. Glad I don't love it, because I'd never spend that much on perfume :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Estee Lauder - I love serums and this one sounds nice. The sample size really is pretty good, even though many were disappointed expecting a full size.

Shampoo and Conditioner: Just used this in the shower, my hair feels nice. I am not over the moon about getting these, but I am not upset, either.

Emi-Jay ties - My hair is currently too short to pull back, but I am most likely growing it out, and I don't use regular elastics, so happy with these!

Bobbi Brown mascara - Eh. I have so much mascara thta it's hard to get excited about this. I might pass it along to someone, or I'll try it eventually. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Overall, not a bad box, but I did decide to cancel. I just feel like it's not offering me the excitement I want...I should probably stick with Birchbox, Boxycharm, and the occasional memebox :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my October box today (I was one who got a 2nd September box at first) and here are my thoughts:

Bond - I got High Line, and I don't care for it. I like getting perfume samples, but I don't usually do well with things that have that typical perfumey floral smell, and to me, this does!  I think Chinatown would have been more up my alley, but it was nice to try a fragrance by them. Glad I don't love it, because I'd never spend that much on perfume :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Estee Lauder - I love serums and this one sounds nice. The sample size really is pretty good, even though many were disappointed expecting a full size.

Shampoo and Conditioner: Just used this in the shower, my hair feels nice. I am not over the moon about getting these, but I am not upset, either.

Emi-Jay ties - My hair is currently too short to pull back, but I am most likely growing it out, and I don't use regular elastics, so happy with these!

Bobbi Brown mascara - Eh. I have so much mascara thta it's hard to get excited about this. I might pass it along to someone, or I'll try it eventually. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Overall, not a bad box, but I did decide to cancel. I just feel like it's not offering me the excitement I want...I should probably stick with Birchbox, Boxycharm, and the occasional memebox :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
My replacement box arrived today also, and I can agree with your sentiments 100%. I got the high line also, and don't like it at all. Besides the EL, everything in that box will sit unused. If I got this box only, I would have been deeply concerned about the value. Dunno why I am saying this since my extra Sept box is sitting unused. But I feel like I got some added value. I guess.... LOL....

I suppose what this last statement means is that I would never purchase anything from my Sept box, which is a rare event for me. As much as people harp on "Blush", I buy more products from their bozes than any other.

If I wasn't looking at the EL right now, I would swear I was looking at a Walmart box. Maybe even worse...

Glossybox is looking pretty darn good to me right now. Tobygirl suggested waiting for the black monday sales, and this sounds good.

I am stuck with this box for one more month - but I don't think I will be renewing - bought a 3 month sub and that will be end of this one for  me...

Glossy I have loved - but once that expires in Nov I'm not sure either unless there is a fab black friday deal.

LOL :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I got more out of my $5 walmart box than I ever would have out of this crap!
LOL.... You know that high line perfume was god awful! I am not kidding you! LOL... Maybe it really was old stock, thus why it smells on par with bug spray? LOL...

I know folks will throw fancy names around and say but walmart doesn't give you those... But do names matter when the items are not appretiated? Road tar, bug spray, sandwich bag twisties, and drain cleaner? Ok I was trying to be funny... But those items would actually be more useful.... LOL....

Back